PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Students denied entry to District 45 GOP Convention

priest_of_syrinx
03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/60023/

These are some of my close friends, and even though they showed online proof of their on-campus residency as well as student ID's (they live in the dorms at NDSU), they were not even allowed in to observe the convention. :mad: Luckily, I got in to my convention, and our camp was very successful there. But not the case in Fargo I guess.

kathy88
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
The GOP must die and be reincarnated by these young people.

Tyler_Durden
03-03-2012, 11:09 AM
"But WDAY has uncovered emails sent to long-time district members. They urge party faithful to come to Thursday's vote to avoid a delegate takeover from groups with a short term agenda."

Sounds like they don't want Paul Supporters to me......

tsai3904
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
A student ID is good enough to prove residency and vote in the caucus on March 6 so it should have been good enough for the District Convention:

http://www.northdakotagop.org/caucus/

2. Who can vote in the Caucus?
In order to vote in the Caucus, you must be a North Dakota resident, eligible to vote (18 or over) on November 6, 2012, and have affiliated with the Republican Party in the last general election or intend to do so in the next election. A Drivers License or Student ID is required to prove North Dakota residency.

This is troubling and exactly why our supporters need to take over local GOPs around the country:

Chair John Trandem says the students had two hours to get proper proof of residency, but didn't. He says with about 40 people crammed in a small room, it would have been too hard to manage, if everyone was allowed in.

John Trandem – District 45 GOP Chair: “Because we would have had to keep track of identification of each and every person and we didn't know everyone there.”

But WDAY has uncovered emails sent to long-time district members. They urge party faithful to come to Thursday's vote to avoid a delegate takeover from groups with a short term agenda.

priest_of_syrinx
03-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Oh yes, the whole thing was a conspiracy and a wash. But how do you get through a barrier like that when it's your first time getting involved in party politics? Luckily, there were people in my district who were on top of things and got elected to big positions in the district, but they didn't have any trouble doing it. I'm pretty sure there would've been trouble in District 45.

slamhead
03-03-2012, 11:15 AM
To paraphrase the chairman. We did not want any Ron Paul delegates elected. F#&$ing assholes.

tsai3904
03-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Do you know if they are planning to become alternate delegates?

bluesc
03-03-2012, 11:18 AM
This is disgusting. Lock Ron Paul supporters out, elect themselves as delegates.

I guess nothing can be done about this either.

Go third party Ron. Burn the whole thing down.

kathy88
03-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Okay. More and more they are trying to block us. SO. What are our options? Copy of the rules in hand and a call to the local cops? Sheriff? Media on alert? Videocameras? What will scare these assclowns enough to back down? And the situation above... Since they obviously violated the rules, can't there be some kind of action taken? Maybe if we bog these idiots down with lawsuits it will help a little. Letters to their local papers supporting the kids whose rights were violated? WHAT? I want to freaking SCREAM sometimes.

kathy88
03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Short term agenda, huh? The future of our nation isn't short term to me. Protecting their investments with every dirty trick they have. Pigs.

Dublin4Paul
03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
This is disgusting. Lock Ron Paul supporters out, elect themselves as delegates.

I guess nothing can be done about this either.

Go third party Ron. Burn the whole thing down.

For a while, I was pretty opposed to the idea of a third-part run, but consistent stories like this have made me change my mind completely.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Rachel Maddow likes reporting this stuff about the delegates and GOP shenanigans. Keep sending this stuff to her and maybe it will embarrass some of them enough to stop some of it. Maybe send an e-mail to a local newspaper editor to cover these stories as well. It's time they all get exposed

kathy88
03-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Rachel Maddow likes reporting this stuff about the delegates and GOP shenanigans. Keep sending this stuff to her and maybe it will embarrass some of them enough to stop some of it. Maybe send an e-mail to a local newspaper editor to cover these stories as well. It's time they all get exposed

If you would have told me 3 years ago that we'd actually welcome a relationship with Maddow I'd have called bullshit. Even if her agenda is completely different than ours, she's been helpful to us.

priest_of_syrinx
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM

How do I go about submitting this content to her?

Never mind, I found it

Liberty74
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Another reason to give the middle finger to the Republican Party and take over the Independent Party.

Are you people awake yet? They are not going to let Ron Paul win because he can't be bought out.

twoggle
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/60023/

These are some of my close friends, and even though they showed online proof of their on-campus residency as well as student ID's (they live in the dorms at NDSU), they were not even allowed in to observe the convention.

I hope that everyone goes to the caucus and conventions with capability to video and/or audio tape the
entry and what transpires. These criminals should be aware that they will have a staring role in some
sort of "Election Fraud in America" documentary and the whole world will get to view their criminal activity
on the Internet.

PolicyReader
03-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I hope that everyone goes to the caucus and conventions with capability to video and/or audio tape the
entry and what transpires. These criminals should be aware that they will have a staring role in some
sort of "Election Fraud in America" documentary and the whole world will get to view their criminal activity
on the Internet.
Agreed :)