PDA

View Full Version : Fun Facts about Ron Paul and WA State

RPit
03-03-2012, 10:43 AM
In 2008 there was caucus AND Primary in WA State

In Primary we got: 7.65% (low right, and that is why the current poll numbers are low)
In Caucus we got: 21% (huge difference from primary!!!)

Also we WON 9 out of 37 counties.
We won Spokane County the 4th largest county (had 47%!!!!)

This year there is ONLY caucus (compare the results of the primary and caucus above ;) ) So there is hope if we get our turnout since we're doubling and tripling our support all across the country ;)

dancjm
03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I like this post :)

kathy88
03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I think we're sweatin it for nothing. Washington has been a beehive of activity. We got this one. It's our turn, and couldn't be at a better time. MOMENTUM.

Emperius
03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
21% in 08 is great. With the exception of Nevada, we've more than doubled almost everywhere I believe, so hopefully this is a good sign.

PolicyReader
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM
In 2008 there was caucus AND Primary in WA State

In Primary we got: 7.65% (low right, and that is why the current poll numbers are low)
In Caucus we got: 21% (huge difference from primary!!!)

Also we WON 9 out of 37 counties.
We won Spokane County the 4th largest county (had 47%!!!!)

This year there is ONLY caucus (compare the results of the primary and caucus above ;) ) So there is hope if we get our turnout since we're doubling and tripling our support all across the country ;)
I've also looked at some of the state wide demographics and as far as the straw poll goes if the '08 trends hold Paul only really needs one upset win (provided there's a little margin to it not just ~1%) to have a real shot at the straw poll. And correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't think we had anywhere near the grassroots organization last time (and isn't the campaign presence up too? )

still in the cautiously optimistic category here but honestly that's been unusual for me when it comes to 1st place in the straw polls so I'm enjoying the feeling ;)