PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama Supporters of Obama believe Obama does not support NDAA

Lishy
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
From what I've asked about people why they support Obama now that he signed the NDAA, this youtube comment sums things up:
"The republicans are the ones who drafter the indefinite detention language....as Bush had been doing that for years. Obama has refused to enforce that provision."

The RP campaign must run an advertisement campaign educating the public about the facts. They seem to blame Republicans for everything.

azxd
03-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I believe this ... Many who supported him also thought he was going to pay their gas and mortgage bills.
Perhaps they're right ... Unemployment is at an all time high, and he has extended it, seemingly forever.

As for RP and an ad ... Perhaps such a thing should happen after he wins the nomination.
Before then, it's wasted money.

LibertyEagle
03-03-2012, 12:13 AM
From what I've asked about people why they support Obama now that he signed the NDAA, this youtube comment sums things up:
"The republicans are the ones who drafter the indefinite detention language....as Bush had been doing that for years. Obama has refused to enforce that provision."

The RP campaign must run an advertisement campaign educating the public about the facts. They seem to blame Republicans for everything.

With what money?

Lishy
03-03-2012, 01:43 AM
With what money?
The same money they use for attack ads. I believe at this point in the race, educating the public is more important than attacking other candidates.

Anyways, here's the ongoing convo on youtube of this guy in particular:

Me: I supported Obama until he signed the NDAA. Now I wanna know WTF are people even thinking voting him!? I mean, how do you even justify that!?

Him: The republicans are the ones who drafter the indefinite detention language....as Bush had been doing that for years. Obama has refused to enforce that provision.

Me: Obama not only signed the bill, but cited it was a reason for Iran sanctions.

Him: Lay off the Fox News nutjob.

Me: What's that supposed to mean?

Him: It means you are being fed incorrect facts, and I know where they are coming from.

Me: Incorrect facts on what?

Now, I realize he might be a troll on an Obama video.. But whether or not it's a troll, it still demonstrates this typical behavior.

I don't get it. They make assumptions something is a lie then deny it completely, and call the person crazy?

Godmode7
03-03-2012, 02:54 AM
They always do that kind of stuff. I stopped commenting articles/youtube vids because of it. Either they are trolling or incredibly stupid. They blame everything on bush( I don't support bush) and say Obama is doing his best and a great president. Things are far worse and they still try to blame it on bush. Its like a bunch of kids playing the blame game. Recently some facebook friends that support Obama have been posting gas price charts and planned parent hood stuff. Bashing republicans in general for what Santorum has said. I almost want the economy to collapse and turn into anarchy just so I can laugh in their faces.

DerailingDaTrain
03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Just give him facts that clearly aren't from fox news. Like Obama's own words for instance.

Intoxiklown
03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Just give him facts that clearly aren't from fox news. Like Obama's own words for instance.

THIS.

The detainee act is a verbatum law from an Obama speech! That provision was exactly what Obama said he wanted back in 2009.

aloneinthewilderness
03-04-2012, 09:49 AM
They always do that kind of stuff. I stopped commenting articles/youtube vids because of it. Either they are trolling or incredibly stupid. They blame everything on bush( I don't support bush) and say Obama is doing his best and a great president. Things are far worse and they still try to blame it on bush. Its like a bunch of kids playing the blame game. Recently some facebook friends that support Obama have been posting gas price charts and planned parent hood stuff. Bashing republicans in general for what Santorum has said. I almost want the economy to collapse and turn into anarchy just so I can laugh in their faces.

Considering that it's the Youtube comments section, which is one of the biggest cesspools on the entire internet, the bolded part could be completely true. There's a great chance that he's a 13 year old from Europe. I'm not saying that you shouldn't continue the debate if you're determined to educate, but it's something that you should keep in mind. Personally, I wish that I knew how to turn the comments section off so that I never had to see it again.

Yukimura17
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, at some point, you just have to learn to ignore these kids (around 13 yrs old brain maybe?). They apparently believe Obama is the one being "pressured" into all these "drafts made by republicans" (Given that this IS the rhetoric the very MSM has given), and they can't help it.

P.S. Maybe saying they have 13 yrs-old brain is insulting to 13 yrs olds who woke up and realize what's going on (Depends on the parents I Supposed)

Warmon
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM

Exactly. Awhile back somebody [forget who] did a bunch of high intensity / high level focus groups on what works and doesn't work against Obama and his minions. The number one thing to come out of that body of work was to use Obama's own words against him. I've tried that on a few people and it works every time. Try to work the argument that way and then slam them - particularly video if you can get it. Not only did Obama sign NDAA with a signing statement, he also said earlier on that he would not do signing statements on legislation he disagreed with. So if he didn't like how NDAA was written, then he should have done his duty and vetoed it.