PDA

View Full Version : The Medfield Press Endorses Ron Paul for Massachusetts GOP Presidential Primary

sailingaway
03-02-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.heraldnews.com/politicker/state/x132508293/Editorial-Ron-Paul-our-choice-for-the-March-6-Republican-primary

It is good, and I would reprint it here, but I think they deserve to be rewarded by reading it there.

kathy88
03-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Article no longer available?

sailingaway
03-02-2012, 11:53 PM
It's available for me...

kathy88
03-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Huh. I'm on my phone maybe that's it.

MooCowzRock
03-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Huh. I'm on my phone maybe that's it.YOUR PHONE HATES FREEDOM!!! BURN IT AND GET A NEW ONE!!

sailingaway
03-03-2012, 12:42 AM
OK, I'll excerpt parts, but click anyhow to give them love:

...All of the remaining choices are alarmingly extreme in one way or another....

Then there’s Ron Paul. Ron Paul is extremely ideological. The ideology he subscribes to is, of course, libertarianism, which is on the individual-above-all end of the socio-political spectrum — that is to say, the extreme right.

And yet, in some ways, he’s so far right, he’s left. He opposes America acting as the world’s policeman and engaging in nation-building. He opposes spying on American citizens, and considers the Patriot Act unconstitutional. He supports the notion that only Congress, and not the president, has the power to declare war. He supports cutting the trillion-dollar military budget. He supports affording veterans the benefits they’ve earned. An advocate of homeschooling, he supports returning control of education to parents and teachers on the local level.

He opposes the war on drugs, and in June 2011 introduced a bill ending the federal ban on marijuana, leaving the decision to legalize it up to the states. Paul cosponsored the bill with, of all people, Barney Frank.

Most importantly — and this is what really sets him apart from the other candidates — Paul advocates for ending “corporate subsidies” by government and for ending the “corporate stranglehold” on government.

It is because of this anti-corporatist message that the Medfield Press endorses Ron Paul for the Republican nomination for president.

Read more: http://www.wickedlocal.com/medfield/news/x132508293/Editorial-Ron-Paul-our-choice-for-the-March-6-Republican-primary#ixzz1o29KR6EF