PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul gets a shot at first primary campaign victory in Washington state

sailingaway
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Still, there was a sense of optimism Friday when Paul spoke to an adoring throng of more than a thousand people at the Spokane Convention Center, his second appearance in eastern Washington in two weeks. "We keep coming back to Washington because we expect to do real well here," he said, in his typically laconic way.

Santorum had campaigned in Spokane the day before, exciting a crowd of several hundred at a Pentecostal church. The two candidates drew strikingly different audiences, perhaps summed up, at the risk of stereotyping, by the much higher percentage of facial hair, hiking boots, male earrings and tattoos at Paul's rally.

Santorum's biggest applause line may have been when he talked about how he, like Ronald Reagan, speaks out about the existence of evil in the world.

Paul's came when a member of the audience stood up during a question-and-answer session to say: "I'm just wondering if you think there's ever a time when it's appropriate to put your party ahead of principles."

"Never," Paul said. The audience leapt to its feet, cheering.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/02/2239125/ron-paul-gets-a-shot-at-first.html#storylink=cpy

:D

Mind you I posted pictures on another thread, and out of what sure looked like more than One thousand people, there were maybe a handful of tattoos. Perhaps a few more mustaches. This reporter was reaching.

asurfaholic
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
now I want to see a picture of the facial hair, male piercings, and tattoos. Always a jab///

PolicyReader
03-02-2012, 06:16 PM
"Much Higher" than a Santorum rally at a Pentecostal church? So numerically that equates to what? 10 people total who fit all of those categories combined? ;) (I mean I would but that's on the average I see from Paul gatherings /shrug :) )