PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Ted Nugent endorses Mitt Romney

rambone
03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Mr. Gun Rights endorses Mr. Assault Weapons Ban.

FAIL.

Ted Nugent endorses Mitt Romney (http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/03/ted-nugent-endorses-mitt-romney-116247.html)

“After a long heart&soul conversation with MittRomney today I concluded this goodman will properly represent we the people & I endorsed him,” the rocker tweeted on Friday.

http://images.politico.com/global/2012/03/120302_nugent_romney_ap_328.jpg

jkr
03-02-2012, 03:35 PM
$old out 4 A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNG TYME
WANGOOTANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tyler_Durden
03-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Romney.....GTFO....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/03/ted-nugent-endorses-mitt-romney-116247.html

"after a long heart&soul conversation with MittRomney today I concluded this goodman will properly represent we the people & I endorsed him"

— Ted Nugent (@TedNugent) March 2, 2012

kathy88
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Not really a newsflash. But still upsetting. He made bank off his book claiming to be for the same things we are.

DerailingDaTrain
03-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The tweet: after a long heart&soul conversation with MittRomney today I concluded this goodman will properly represent we the people & I endorsed him

Same thing that Kid Rock did. What the hell he telling these people? He will be Obama 2.0 and continue the same policies that Obama did.

BrooklynZoo
03-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Nugent is a moron at everything except guitar and hunting. This is well known.

satchelmcqueen
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
nugg is a war mongering moron. sorry.

AFPVet
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
It's hard to believe the lack of integrity some people have. If you let yourself be bought out or be persuaded by the establishment, you lose all credibility in my opinion.

03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Expected it, hardly news.

D.A.S.
03-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Bah, who cares -- endorsements have proven pretty meaningless...

Kingfisher
03-02-2012, 03:59 PM
And the NRA endorsed Harry Reid.
Great Pro Gun organization.

Wish I was still a member so I could withdraw.

Brett85
03-02-2012, 04:28 PM
First Kid Rock, and now Ted Nugent. The rock starts seem to like Romney for whatever reason.

AngelClark
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
http://exm.nr/zPCygU -
Rumor has it that Ted Nugent is also a draft dodger:
"It's well known that Nugent claims to have gone to great lengths to flunk his Draft Board physical. What's not so well-known is that he got a student deferment at the same time he was touring with his rock band, putting in an average of 300 shows a year. How was he going to school and touring that much at the same time?
One of our readers sent me a copy of an extract of Nugent’s Selective Service records, obtained via a FOIA request (copy below). As you can see, Nugent received student deferments in 1967 (1-S) and 1968 (2-S). But according to the Internet Movie Data Base website, Nugent has been “performing professionally since 1958, non-stop yearly touring since 1967, averaging more than 300 shows per year '67-73.” Hmm, that would include the two years he was supposedly too wrapped up in his studies to be serving his country.

But that hasn’t stopped Nugent from insisting that if he HAD served, he would have been one big mofo soldier. As the Rutland Herald reported, Here's what Nugent said he would have done if he went to Vietnam:

"… if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd kill all the hippies in the foxholes … I would have killed everybody," he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview published July 15, 1990."

The Herald also noted that Nugent’s efforts to avoid the draft make President Bush look like a war hero.

(Nugent claims) that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Why do I have suspicions of bribery?

Just Flossin'
03-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Unexpected considering how he seems to want the government out of his life and endorses a flip-flopping New England liberal that is now supposedly neo-conservative.

sparebulb
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
http://exm.nr/zPCygU -
Rumor has it that Ted Nugent is also a draft dodger:
"It's well known that Nugent claims to have gone to great lengths to flunk his Draft Board physical. What's not so well-known is that he got a student deferment at the same time he was touring with his rock band, putting in an average of 300 shows a year. How was he going to school and touring that much at the same time?
One of our readers sent me a copy of an extract of Nugent’s Selective Service records, obtained via a FOIA request (copy below). As you can see, Nugent received student deferments in 1967 (1-S) and 1968 (2-S). But according to the Internet Movie Data Base website, Nugent has been “performing professionally since 1958, non-stop yearly touring since 1967, averaging more than 300 shows per year '67-73.” Hmm, that would include the two years he was supposedly too wrapped up in his studies to be serving his country.

But that hasn’t stopped Nugent from insisting that if he HAD served, he would have been one big mofo soldier. As the Rutland Herald reported, Here's what Nugent said he would have done if he went to Vietnam:

"… if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd kill all the hippies in the foxholes … I would have killed everybody," he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview published July 15, 1990."

The Herald also noted that Nugent’s efforts to avoid the draft make President Bush look like a war hero.

(Nugent claims) that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."

That, my friend, just earned you +1 rep. Good find.

Feeding the Abscess
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Establishment Republican endorses Establishment Republican.

Color me surprised.

farreri
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm sure Romney is going to love this endorsement:

Ted Nugent

Family

He has had two wives and has eight children, including three out of wedlock in two liaisons almost 30 years apart. In the late 1960s, prior to his first marriage, Nugent fathered a boy, Ted (Mann) and a girl, whom he gave up for adoption in infancy. This did not become public knowledge until 2010. The siblings were adopted separately and had no contact with one another. The son learned the identity of his birth father in 2010 through the daughter's quest to make contact with him and their birth parents. According to a news report, Nugent over the years had discussed the existence of these children with his other children.[24]

In 2005 Nugent was involved in a legal battle for not paying enough child support for a child he had out of wedlock in 1995.[25] It was finally resolved when Nugent was ordered to pay $3,500 in child support.[26]

He was married to his first wife, Sandra Jezowski, from 1970 to 1979. They had three children, son Theodore Tobias "Toby" Nugent, and daughters Sasha and Starr Nugent. Sandra died in a car crash in 1982. His second marriage was to Shemane Deziel, whom he met while a guest on Detroit's WLLZ-FM, where she was a member of the news staff. They married on January 21, 1989. Together they have two children, son Rocco Winchester Nugent, and daughter Chantal Nugent.

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[27][28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent#Personal_life

Rock on, conservative values Ted! :toady:

azxd
03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
That, my friend, just earned you +1 rep. Good find.
Why ?
Ted isn't running for office, and as others have said ... Endorsements don't mean much.

azxd
03-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Establishment Republican endorses Establishment Republican.

Color me surprised.
He's always supported the Republican Party ... The individual is secondary to the Party, or so it seems.

sparebulb
03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Why ?

Because I found it to be deliciously salacious and amusing. And also because I can.

Is rep reserved for only a particular reason?

CaptainAmerica
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM
its all business.

azxd
03-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Because I found it to be deliciously salacious and amusing. And also because I can.

Is rep reserved for only a particular reason?
Of course your rep is not reserved, use it as you wish ... I just read the whole thing as very old information, that does nothing to discredit Nugent or his endorsement.
Glad you liked the story, though :cool:

Warmon
03-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Hook. Line. Sinker. Mitt just told him whatever he wanted to hear just like he does with everybody else and Nugent took the bait.

sparebulb
03-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Glad you liked the story, though :cool:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm easily amused. I almost spit out my coffee when I read the hygiene part about Ted.

azxd
03-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I'm easily amused. I almost spit out my coffee when I read the hygiene part about Ted.
I probably did, also ... It was many years ago when I first heard this.

The thing for me is ... That was decades ago.
He strongly supports the troops regardless of their mission, and he has a ranch that receives visitors from around the planet who come to learn about conservation.

Those two items outweight anything concerning who he might support politically.
There isn't a politician who couldn't learn something from the man about what it is to have conservative convictions and principles.

He has an abundance of deer on his property that need to be culled, or environmental damage will occur.
YEA, he shoots Bambi ... Deal with it !!

He also went through the proper channels to have an FDA approved meat processing plant on his property, and donates excess food to local homeless shelters.

That's how it should be,
No government handouts ... Just good honest neighbor helping neighbor mentality.

But yea, soiled diapers is kind of funny, if it actually happened.

rambone
03-04-2012, 01:13 AM
High Times Magazine, October 1977 (http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=52927&start=15)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fpLGeYRhZiQ/Tl5tP6WzxUI/AAAAAAAAAwg/VwRLb6zMsAI/s1600/TeDNugent3.jpg

High Times: How did you get out of the draft?

Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin’ around, hippying down, getting’ loaded and pickin’ my ass like your common curs, I’d say “Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the s*** out of scuffin’ around in the gutters.” But I wasn’t a gutter dog. I was a hard workin’, mother****in’ rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered s***, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. S***, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in s*** and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely anti-drug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded mother ****er. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that s*** right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human s***. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was – ‘cause I was really into bein’ clean and on the ball – I made gutter swine hippies look like football payers. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You f***in’ swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my s*** was just like ooze, man, so I s*** in the cup and put it on the counter. I had s*** on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of mother****in’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?

Feeding the Abscess
03-04-2012, 01:21 AM
High Times Magazine, October 1977 (http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=52927&start=15)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fpLGeYRhZiQ/Tl5tP6WzxUI/AAAAAAAAAwg/VwRLb6zMsAI/s1600/TeDNugent3.jpg

Nugent should be glad he wasn't born after 1990, otherwise he would have been planted on the couch playing Calladuty all day every day and touting his elite sniper skills to anyone willing to listen.

giovannile07
03-04-2012, 02:09 AM
I've only heard of Ted Nugent once before...

Lishy
03-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Why are so many people endorsing Romney? Are they stupid, or something?