PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years in Jail for Shouting "President Paul" at the Republican National Convention?

FreeTraveler
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
H.R. 347 awaits only Obama's signature to make it a federal offense.

The bill makes it a federal offense to enter a building or grounds without permission or with the intent to disrupt a government function if "the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting" or if said area is "restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance."

Shouting and/or waving signs of protest can easily be construed as disruptive conduct.

Protesters exercising their First Amendment rights could easily fall under the provisions of this law if an enforcement agent determines they intended to disrupt a government function, obstructed or impeded access to the event, or engaged in disruptive or disorderly conduct in or within proximity of the restricted location.
How's 10 years in the Federal Pen for shouting and waving Ron Paul signs at a Romney event sound to you all??

That bit about "event designated as a special event of national significance" is pretty ugly too. The Republican National Convention in Tampa will be designated "a special event of national significance" as the last several conventions for both parties have been.

Anybody here want to spend ten years in the slammer for waving signs and shouting "President Paul" outside the Republican National Convention?

That's covered by the "within proximity of the restricted location" clause.

This should be getting a lot more attention than it has.

More details here: First Amendment (1791-2012) R.I.P. - H.R. 347 criminalizes protest

http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-amendment-1791-2012-rip.html

eduardo89
03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
How exactly would Romney be the president of the united states at the RNC?

Edit: Nevermind

Anti Federalist
03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Cannot have any disruptions around our Glorious Leader.

You oppose this comrade?

That sounds dangerously subversive.

Reported.

See Something Say Something.

FreeTraveler
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
How exactly would Romney be the president of the united states at the RNC?

Edit: Nevermind
He doesn't have to be President. He's covered now by the Secret Service, which would make the provisions of this bill applicable at any of his campaign appearances. And the Republican National Convention will be designated "a special event of national significance," also legitimizing the legislation at or "within proximity of the restricted location." So stand on the sidewalk and chant loud enough, and off you go for "disrupting" the event.

Anti Federalist
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I should not joke, this is serious and I'm only just now finding out about it.

The assaults on freedom and our headlong plunge into a full blown, no shit, "I ain't fucking around" police state are coming so fast and furious now, that even somebody like me, that spends an insane amount of time with this shit, cannot keep up with it all.

Fight or flight time coming very, very soon.

If you don't want you or your family to be some mass grave statistic, you'd damn well better wake up to that fact.

ZENemy
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Adam Kokesh and at least 500 Active Duty soldiers are to march on the RNC. Could get interesting.

FreeTraveler

The assaults on freedom and our headlong plunge into a full blown, no shit, "I ain't fucking around" police state are coming so fast and furious now, that even somebody like me, that spends an insane amount of time with this shit, cannot keep up with it all.

If you don't want you or your family to be some mass grave statistic, you'd damn well better wake up to that fact.
Spread the link around. This should be getting as much attention as SOPA/PIPA did, or we'll be visiting some of our friends in the federal pen before the convention is over.

ZENemy

Im right there with you, each morning I would wait for my daily outrage, now Im outraged/scared several times a day.

RiseAgainst
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq283/beb004/fascism.jpg

Lucille
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM

I'm truly astounded at the sheer volume of bills aimed directly at the BoR lately.

Anti Federalist
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
He doesn't have to be President. He's covered now by the Secret Service, which would make the provisions of this bill applicable at any of his campaign appearances. And the Republican National Convention will be designated "a special event of national significance," also legitimizing the legislation at or "within proximity of the restricted location." So stand on the sidewalk and chant loud enough, and off you go for "disrupting" the event.

And if this cocksucker gets elected, one of his homes is close enough to my home town that the whole place will be under SS "protection".

Meaning my own hometown will become a "no speech zone".

Fuck me, I mean it now, I WILL write in RP on my ballot but I am going to donate and do what I can for O-bomb-ya, God help me forever, if Romney is the nominee.

I will not have my home and farm, the result of years of hard work, something that I have wanted since I was young boy, to be ruined and rendered untenable by the descending of the King's security forces all around me.

Fuck this...I'm so pissed I could chew nails right now...fuck.

FreeTraveler
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I just tweeted Adam Kokesh about this; it's exactly the legislation that the Feds need to round up a bunch of veterans marching outside the Republican National Convention, sounding off in cadence. I'm sure that would be considered "disruptive," and it's "within proximity of the restricted location."

eduardo89
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I just tweeted Adam Kokesh about this; it's exactly the legislation that the Feds need to round up a bunch of veterans marching outside the Republican National Convention, sounding off in cadence. I'm sure that would be considered "disruptive," and it's "within proximity of the restricted location."

Are you sure you tweeted it? It seems to be more than 140 characters long

awake
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM

I have said this before, when you can count each incident, you're in trouble; when you loose count, its time to pack.

azxd
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Cannot have any disruptions around our Glorious Leader.

You oppose this comrade?

That sounds dangerously subversive.

Reported.

See Something Say Something.
YES ... Very dangerous, that speech thing is ... Crush the opposition, Taze them, Spray them, Draw Arms and fix this :rolleyes:

Freedom is slavery !!!

Reported

FreeTraveler
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Are you sure you tweeted it? It seems to be more than 140 characters long
I tweeted him the link to the post, with a note about what's going on. I also posted it on the Combat Veterans for Ron Paul facebook page. This needs to be spread far and wide; most people seem to be ignoring it, and it's aimed at exactly the kind of enthusiastic supporters that Ron Paul attracts.

azxd
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM

You are not alone, my brother ... You are not alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae74oMMQ4ak

I'm sure this scares the crap out of the Dispicable Country insiders.
Because,
People are waking up, and that voting with their wallets aspect is a cold hard fact ;)

The day may come when reality is not pretty.
That's why everything is being implemented ... Stack the deck !!!!

azxd
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Spread the link around. This should be getting as much attention as SOPA/PIPA did, or we'll be visiting some of our friends in the federal pen before the convention is over.
Surrender is not an option ... Who said that ?

azxd
03-01-2012, 04:19 PM
And if this cocksucker gets elected, one of his homes is close enough to my home town that the whole place will be under SS "protection".

Meaning my own hometown will become a "no speech zone".

Fuck me, I mean it now, I WILL write in RP on my ballot but I am going to donate and do what I can for O-bomb-ya, God help me forever, if Romney is the nominee.

I will not have my home and farm, the result of years of hard work, something that I have wanted since I was young boy, to be ruined and rendered untenable by the descending of the King's security forces all around me.

Fuck this...I'm so pissed I could chew nails right now...fuck.
Like I tell those who live in Commiefornia ... Move West, Sir ... If you're packing, we'll let you in ;)

tfurrh
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
how about we all meet up at the RNC? Every RP Supporter in the US.

azxd
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I tweeted him the link to the post, with a note about what's going on. I also posted it on the Combat Veterans for Ron Paul facebook page. This needs to be spread far and wide; most people seem to be ignoring it, and it's aimed at exactly the kind of enthusiastic supporters that Ron Paul attracts.
Intentional, it seems !!!

azxd
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Off to the FEMA camps for all of us ... Seriously, this is a scary time to live in.
The oppressive forces have stacked the deck ... It's about time to go underground, and wait for the REAL revolution.

FreeTraveler
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm planning to be there. Of course, it's only an hour's drive for me. :)

tfurrh
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm planning to be there. Of course, it's only an hour's drive for me. :)

Can I spend the night? j/k ;)

FreeTraveler
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Can I spend the night? j/k ;)
We live in a fifth-wheel. Not much extra room, I'm afraid. :D

rockerrockstar
03-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Scary that this is passing.

Adam Kokesh
03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm well aware of the implications and considering my next move on the issue. Thank you all for your input. Obviously, we will continue organizing as planned. Personally, I can't imagine a better way to go down swinging than surrounded by fellow vets and RP supporters at the RNC. If there are enough of us, they won't be able to arrest/charge/try/process all of us. I hope you'll join me, because I know a lot of the vets feel the same way. THIS is where we make our stand.
http://www.facebook.com/events/222975741135078/

angelatc
03-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Obama signed it on March 8.

Only 3 Representatives voted against it:

Justin Amash
Paul Broun
Keith Ellison

Gotta love bi-partisanship.

madengr
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
See where this is going:

(b) The punishment for a violation of subsection (a) is--

(1) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, if--
(A) the person, during and in relation to the offense, uses or carries a deadly or dangerous weapon or firearm; or

http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/obama-visit-014.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9v31puVRFz0/TrhLo7lP7rI/AAAAAAAAACs/myBc9zqDvE4/s1600/Tree+of+liberty.jpg

TheTexan
03-12-2012, 11:25 AM

I could really use some help promoting secession. Working within the system is not going to work, and if people don't wake up to this fact soon, we'll run out of time.

fatjohn
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Obama signed it on March 8.

Only 3 Representatives voted against it:

Justin Amash
Paul Broun
Keith Ellison

Gotta love bi-partisanship.

Huh, how did RP vote?

40oz
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Obviously, we will continue organizing as planned. Personally, I can't imagine a better way to go down swinging than surrounded by fellow vets and RP supporters at the RNC. If there are enough of us, they won't be able to arrest/charge/try/process all of us. I hope you'll join me, because I know a lot of the vets feel the same way. THIS is where we make our stand.
http://www.facebook.com/events/222975741135078/

HEAR HEAR!!!

bolil
03-12-2012, 01:18 PM
WHEN IS THE RNC? Edit- nevermind its in tampa. No way I can afford gas for the 2500 mile journey.

madengr
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
FWIW in case you guys don't remember, those guys were open carrying at TEA parties within proximity to Obama. Now that could get you 10 years in prison. What a bunch of BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XflE0RMiIiA

Adam Kokesh
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
WHEN IS THE RNC? Edit- nevermind its in tampa. No way I can afford gas for the 2500 mile journey.
Veterans for Liberty Super PAC (http://ronpaulisthechoiceofthetroops.com) is hoping to raise enough money to organize buses and rideshares for people all over the country, (prioritizing vets & their families) but please check out http://ridesforronpaul.com