PDA

View Full Version : New Rasmussen National Poll - The Santorum Collapse

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/february_2012/national_gop_romney_40_santorum_24_gingrich_16_pau l_12

Romney: 40%
Santorum: 24%
Gingrich: 16%
Paul: 12%

Two weeks ago (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/election_2012_archive/february_2012/national_gop_santorum_39_romney_27_gingrich_15_pau l_10) Santorum was 12 points ahead in first, now he's 16 points back of Romney. Santorum is quickly collapsing, and Romney may be getting closer to wrapping this up.

ronpaulfollower999
03-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Isn't that what we said a few weeks ago? lol

CTRattlesnake
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
SO Santorum is falling like a rock

Is romney going to get that support now, or will another anti-romney pick it up

skyorbit
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul will get it

bluesc
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Romney isn't anywhere close to wrapping anything up.

With Newt's PAC having $10-$100M in the bank for a serious run in the south, more midwest states for Santorum to compete in and Paul's strength in the west, Romney only has his small, delegate rich NE stronghold.

This thing will be much more wide open after Super Tuesday.

unknown
03-01-2012, 02:40 PM
BOOM.

Slow and steady people. Slow and steady.

robmpreston
03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
BOOM.

To what? Now Gingrich will go back up and we'll hover in the 15% range at best.

matt0611
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I wish we could catch just one of these anti-Romney waves of support.

D.A.S.
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Yes, Newt Gingrich will try to rise again, with the help of the media. And all along, this is great for us because it's buying us time. Remember what Ron always said -- the more establishment candidates in the race the better for us because they dilute the establishment vote. And we need this to prevent Romney from getting enough delegates for the nomination, while we try to get our first win and get some rise in the polls.

No Free Beer
03-01-2012, 03:05 PM
i hope Gingrich and Paul start going up...

jax
03-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul will get it

If he wins WA perhaps?

time4change
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Romney may be getting closer to wrapping this up.Hogwash.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/hiddenmoonlyt/Tumblr/ANGRYmadPISSEDfrustratedMEAN/tumblr_lrhso2rlsR1qiivkk.gif

gerryb
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Who cares?

If our 15% participate in the delegate and party process at a rate of double that of the other candidates supporters, we win.

We DO have the superior "grassroots", right??

Everyone does know their delegate rules, right?
Everyone is becoming GOP Chair, committee members, etc., right?

bcreps85
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Who cares?

If our 15% participate in the delegate and party process at a rate of double that of the other candidates supporters, we win.

We DO have the superior "grassroots", right??

Everyone does know their delegate rules, right?
Everyone is becoming GOP Chair, committee members, etc., right?

Do keep in mind that *all* of our delegates aren't going to make it after challenges and other shenanigans.

Tinnuhana
03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I hope any shenanigans are made VERy public and transparent.

sailingaway
03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I hope Gingrich doesn't and Ron does. Rasmussen only polls GOP for these, too, as I recall, so with independents and cross overs...

kathy88
03-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I hope Gingrich doesn't and Ron does. Rasmussen only polls GOP for these, too.

It's only a matter of a week or two before grinch slides into fourth in Rasmussen. Whether we slide up to second remains to be seen.

Danan
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
A win in Washington would be awesome timing right now!

Brett85
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Hogwash.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/hiddenmoonlyt/Tumblr/ANGRYmadPISSEDfrustratedMEAN/tumblr_lrhso2rlsR1qiivkk.gif

He was simply pointing out reality.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
He was simply pointing out reality.

Polling 40% just before Super Tuesday is sitting pretty.

jasonxe
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I told Doug this that the Not-Romney people who support Santo are going to panic. We need to make a big splash to show we're a contender and they won't go back to Newt. I also suggested how to do this to Doug so hopefully the campaign follows through.

bluesc
03-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Polling 40% just before Super Tuesday is sitting pretty.

Polling at 40% at any time is "sitting pretty". Who has achieved it so far? Almost every candidate.

Given the number of states that will be voting long after Super Tuesday, a national poll at this point is just about as indicative of the outcome of the overall race as the national polls in December showing Newt at 40%.

Liberty74
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes, I predicted it would take about 3 weeks until some of Santorum's support start to erode after his Satan comment and he starts to get vetted a little more i.e. FAKE.

It's starting to happen...

As of now, Romney will have this wrapped up by the end of March easily. Paul is going no where unfortunately. He has been stuck at 8-12% for the last 8 months in most national polls. He has 50-60% unfavorables from the Republican base. Unless Paul turns those numbers around quickly, it's pretty much over. You cannot win the Republican nomination with such high unfavorables. BTW, those unfavorables are due to Rush, Levin, Beck, Hannity and the rest of those twats who lied and smeared Ron Paul starting back in December. :mad:

Shane Harris
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Polling at 40% at any time is "sitting pretty". Who has achieved it so far? Almost every candidate.

Given the number of states that will be voting long after Super Tuesday, a national poll at this point is just about as indicative of the outcome of the overall race as the national polls in December showing Newt at 40%.

everyone but us. we were the only campaign that emerged at the top of state polls before and without ever emerging near or at the top of national polls. the reason: our rise in Iowa was real and not a nationally fabricated surge from the MSM. we will never get that

gerryb
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Y

As of now, Romney will have this wrapped up by the end of March easily. Paul is going no where unfortunately. He has been stuck at 8-12% for the last 8 months in most national polls. He has 50-60% unfavorables from the Republican base.

The last I saw from Rasmussen, RP had the best favorables of anyone.

And this negative crap has got to go. Sure, we aren't the largest preference. It doesn't matter, and the sooner everyone realizes it, the better off we will be. Even if we were 2% in the preference, if 100% of those 2% were involved in the party becoming committee members, chairs, and delegates, we would win, and then have the platform to disseminate our info that brought the preference of everyone else around to our views.

At 15% nationally, we just need about double the participation rate of the other candidates supporters, and we win. Participation ='s getting involved in the party, making calls, canvassing/lit dropping, etc.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
And this negative crap has got to go. Sure, we aren't the largest preference. It doesn't matter, and the sooner everyone realizes it, the better off we will be. Even if we were 2% in the preference, if 100% of those 2% were involved in the party becoming committee members, chairs, and delegates, we would win, and then have the platform to disseminate our info that brought the preference of everyone else around to our views.

At 15% nationally, we just need about double the participation rate of the other candidates supporters, and we win. Participation ='s getting involved in the party, making calls, canvassing/lit dropping, etc.

This was pushed here in 2008. "Ron Paul hasn't won any states, is last in the delegate totals and got 5.8% of the vote nationally, but we CAN WIN!" You're not going to win the nomination with a string of third or fourth-place finishes.

If this was reversed, and Paul was polling and winning like Romney's actual numbers now, and a neocon was performing as Paul is now, and that neocon won the nomination through this strategy: the cries of "establishment stole it from Ron Paul!" would be deafening here.

matt0611
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
This was pushed here in 2008. "Ron Paul hasn't won any states, is last in the delegate totals and got 5.8% of the vote nationally, but we CAN WIN!" You're not going to win the nomination with a string of third or fourth-place finishes.

If this was reversed, and Paul was polling and winning like Romney's actual numbers now, and a neocon was performing as Paul is now, and that neocon won the nomination through this strategy: the cries of "establishment stole it from Ron Paul!" would be deafening here.

They wouldn't be "stealing" anything, and neither are we.This is how the delegate process works, we elect who gets to be delegates so that they vote how we want when it comes time to elect the nominee. Not sure what your point is.

Feeding the Abscess
03-01-2012, 04:10 PM

He did. End of December, and then the media did wall to wall newsletters crap. Also got a front page NYT thing accusing him of being a defender of Iran, terrorists, and other nonsense.

gerryb
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM

The problem is, with our current participation rates, even if RP was polling at 40% like Romney -- the end result would be the same. Ron Paul would not be the nominee, and you could cry however much you would want to, but they would have "stolen it" via the rules.

gerryb
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Question:

If RP is the nominee, and we don't control the party apparatus, what is your response going to be when each local GOP uses their massive fundraising and instead of utilizing it to support the nominee(as they usually do), they instead redirected it to congressional and local races for neocons?

If we don't control the party apparatus, winning the nomination is pointless. We have the #'s to control the apparatus, just not the desire/participation.

"boo hoo, they don't agree with me, so I'm not going to participate to kick them out" is what the response here boils down too.

JohnM
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Paul is going no where unfortunately.

I think that what you mean is "So far, Dr. Paul has not gone anywhere."

I am a realist, but I find your choice of tense to be too negative. I am not predicting that there will be a great surge in the next few weeks, but the future is always unpredictable, and a week is a long time in politics. We don't need negativity any more than we need unrealistic optimists.

Sometimes strange things happen. And sometimes, they are remarkably good.

Danan
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Question:

If RP is the nominee, and we don't control the party apparatus, what is your response going to be when each local GOP uses their massive fundraising and instead of utilizing it to support the nominee(as they usually do), they instead redirected it to congressional and local races for neocons?

If we don't control the party apparatus, winning the nomination is pointless. We have the #'s to control the apparatus, just not the desire/participation.

"boo hoo, they don't agree with me, so I'm not going to participate to kick them out" is what the response here boils down too.

While the funds would be great, they wouldn't be needed. The biggest advantage would be to have no opponent from the conservative side. Ron could go full attack mode against Obama on personal liberties and wars. He would end up with a big block of the independence and a significant amount of democrats. And most of the GOP voters would still vote for him, since he won their election and is a (almost) lifelong republican.

If Ron wins the primary I'd say the general election will be the easier task (while still pretty hard because now the whole media would go rampage on Ron).

Massachusetts
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I find it fascinating how obsessed America has become with polls. Elections can be won or lost based on a few polls released right before people go out to vote. Some people honestly just look at whoever is winning and vote for them because they are winning, which I will never understand.

I'm curious where these polls will be heading into Super Tuesday. I predict Santorum, Paul and Gingrich will all be around the same percentage, while Romney will remain right about where he is at 40%.

gerryb
03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I find it fascinating how obsessed America has become with polls. Elections can be won or lost based on a few polls released right before people go out to vote. Some people honestly just look at whoever is winning and vote for them because they are winning, which I will never understand.

Which is exactly why preference polls/primaries, in the end, do not matter... And out maneuvering via conventions and delegate selection processes does.

There is going to be no great upset if the "popular" person, gets replaced by an even more "popular" person (Like RP becoming nominee in August after the convention when our delegates make him the nominee(if we do the work now) and the GOP party(now us) rallies behind him issue press releases and e-mails to the GOP base, from our chairman and committee positions)

kathy88
03-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Well, fortunately, in 2012 Ron has placed a couple 2nds, appears to be doing well in delegate acquisition, is getting much higher than 5.8% everywhere, and we CAN win.

BUSHLIED
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM

In as much as there is an anti-Romney sentiment, there is an even stronger anti-Paul sentiment among the GOP. Ron is hated by the establishment much more than the conservatives hate Romney etc....even the social conservatives hate Paul...

InTradePro
03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
In as much as there is an anti-Romney sentiment, there is an even stronger anti-Paul sentiment among the GOP. Ron is hated by the establishment much more than the conservatives hate Romney etc....even the social conservatives hate Paul...

Nope, the majority simply follow what the mainstream media tell them. Ron's favorables in recent polling(i.e Michigan) since the last CNN debate are good.

PolicyReader
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Romney isn't anywhere close to wrapping anything up.

With Newt's PAC having $10-$100M in the bank for a serious run in the south, more midwest states for Santorum to compete in and Paul's strength in the west, Romney only has his small, delegate rich NE stronghold.

This thing will be much more wide open after Super Tuesday.
^This

If Romney ever wraps something up it is nigh to certain it won't be until the very end of the race, the NE could give him a commanding lead if no other coalition forms before then and he preforms as well as projected there (but he's been underperforming his projections for virtually every state from start to finish this whole electoral season) but even if all that fits into place for Romney and he actually preforms as projected he'll still not have the secured delegates necessary to make this a wrap until the very end of voting states this 2012.

JJ2
03-01-2012, 06:04 PM
This is why I said we needed Romney to win MI! There is now a huge void and Paul can fill that void if he can somehow beat out Romney and win WA! (I doubt Santorum will win WA now that his support is collapsing and Newt is obviously going to be 4th.)

BUSHLIED
03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Nope, the majority simply follow what the mainstream media tell them. Ron's favorables in recent polling(i.e Michigan) since the last CNN debate are good.

If you poll only GOP primary voters, I doubt Ron has positive favorability ratings. Furthermore, Ron has only been endorsed by roughly 3 sitting Congressman and sitting 1 Senator, his Son.

In order to win you need to have the base of the Republican Party. Ron only gets about 8-9% (of 100%) of the GOP base. His remaining support is from Independents and Democrats.

Look at Florida, that is a great example of how Ron is doing among the GOP base: older, white, generally afflulent, and conservative.

While I think Ron should fight in each state he can, the nomination is simply not in the cards for Paul. The campaign and Ron failed to tailor their message to reach the base and if that wasn't their goal to expand their base, then well they weren't running to win then.
They may have been thinking that they were going to bring new people into the fold, which they certainly did. They generally brought younger voters and independents. Younger voters don't vote and the independents can only give Ron an edge in open primaries etc...

The campaign made the decision to bank everyone on acquiring delegates in the caucus states, which was their best shot. But they failed to even win ONE at this point. Arguably Maine was stolen (perhaps even Iowa) but still performances in other caucuses were not that strong. Ron is about to get clocked on 'Super Tuesday' with the exception of Washington. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he gets over 40% in VA. If Ron can't win VA against Romney, then there goes the campaign's claim that they want to go against Romney as the true conservative etc...for me, when Ron went back to Texas after NH, that was it...

The general tone of the forums post New Hampshire devolved into theories of vote fraud and picking up delegates hoping for a brokered convention. There was a brief period where people were upset and yelling about Ron's debating performances, lack of townhalls, not attacking candidates, and inability to reach the base on foreign policy. The campaign tried to do something about that and Ron has improved in those areas a bit with the exception of Foreign Policy.

Now the focus is on what? Ron finally beating Obama by 2% in 1 poll and the improvement in some state favorabilities? The money practically dried up.

I guess we'll see what Ron has to say tonight on Peirs Morgan...all I am saying is that we got to get real about Ron and the campaign. That is really a movement...and the campaign is the vechile to get out the message..I just wished that the message was crafted better to use the time on the national stage effectively. Cause the coverage of Ron is dwindling.

Expect to hear Morgan ask: So when are you dropping out?

libertybrewcity
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Republican pollster. Could be a Romney supporter for all we know.

tribute_13
03-01-2012, 06:15 PM

It looks like, from the numbers, that Romney picked up most of them.

evilfunnystuff
03-01-2012, 06:15 PM
BOOM.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/161394.gif

opinionatedfool
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Rasmussen polls are always crappy towards rp.

Marky
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Well when the entire international money counterfeiting/ war machine is against you, it’s not going to happen like that. Ron Paul’s support is much deeper and not the stuff of media fluff. I contend that even if he had 51% of the population supporting him, the “PTB" would continue to tell us to pay no attention the man behind the curtain.

The only true measure of the level of Paul support is how much more blatant and vicious the attacks get from the controlled media. Is it a coincidence that as the message exposing the Fed and the NWO spreads, so does the push for legislation like NDAA and SOPA? The establishment is afraid that the cat’s out of the bag now.

InTradePro
03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
If you poll only GOP primary voters, I doubt Ron has positive favorability ratings. Furthermore, Ron has only been endorsed by roughly 3 sitting Congressman and sitting 1 Senator, his Son.

In order to win you need to have the base of the Republican Party. Ron only gets about 8-9% (of 100%) of the GOP base. His remaining support is from Independents and Democrats.

The GOP base is fine, it's the media perspective that effects support along with those who count and report the votes.
There have been some things not been perfect but generally the campaign has been well managed. The objective from here on should be simply to stay the course.
The election so far has been volatile and ongoing events suggests that will continue with more surprises and thus large scope remains for some good things to happen.

Brett85
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Exactly.

unknown
03-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Well no. It supports our assertions that everyone but Ron Paul has had a rise followed by a decline. That we have the one consistent candidate who maintains his support and improves steadily.

sanssq
03-01-2012, 10:23 PM
The fact is we need to point out that Paul draws the Independent vote more than any other candidate including Obama, Also Paul's favorable to unfavorable is higher than any of the others. Add that to Paul is the only candidate, including Obama where the country believes the candidates policies are favorable to the middle class (52%).

Add that up and Paul wins the Independent vote, which is larger than either Democrat or Republican, Paul wins the middle class vote, and Paul is far ahead in favorable vs unfavorable.

Simple: Paul can win against Obama. Gingrich and Santorum can't. Romney is very iffy because his unfavorable is much higher and the middle class thinks his policies will not help them.

Paul is the only Republican who has more favorable than unfavorable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rLxqgPc9w&feature=player_embedded

Ron Paul crushes Obama and other Republicans in pro middle class policies poll, Romney finishes last: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bskuJNYzU&feature=player_embedded

NoOneButPaul
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
The only way we win through the primaries is by getting old people on board.

Good luck with that... the delegates are the best shot in my opinion.

J_White
03-02-2012, 12:07 AM
i agree that the MSM has done a good job for their masters to spread a lot of twisted things about Dr.Paul.
but the thing is a win might give the people interested in him again as Santorum is falling.
but the thing is Newt might rise again, because the war loving neocons are not able to make up their mind about the 2 anti-Romney candidates they have.
only people who start understanding the issues more deeply make a choice of Dr.Paul.

ChiChiChi
03-02-2012, 12:37 AM
They wouldn't be "stealing" anything, and neither are we.This is how the delegate process works, we elect who gets to be delegates so that they vote how we want when it comes time to elect the nominee. Not sure what your point is.

"stealing" or not, it doesn't change the fact that EVERY single person on this board would be screaming their heads off if Ron Paul won the majority of delagates in the primaries and Romney ended up getting the nomination. Trying to deny it just makes you a liar.

I also hate to bring this up, but not only are the other candidates ON to this strategy, but they are employing it themselves. There are people (some on this very board, as well as DP, who have been selected to be a delegate, and have contacted the official campaign letting them know...and they have no intention of voting for Ron Paul even IF he wins their district. (Unless they re bound.)

And some people who are doing this are not even against Ron Paul. They are doing this just because they know if would be a HORRIBLE outcome if Ron Paul were seven to steal the nomination against the will of the people. It would mean an easy Obama sweep and all Ron Paul minded candidates for the foreseeable future would suffer for their association with this attempt.

I am not sure how many, but it is a certainty that the number of delegates that the Ron Paul campaign THINKS it has is much higher than what it does.

It really is naive to think that none of the other candidates supporters have thought about this and employed a similar strategy.

affa
03-02-2012, 12:43 AM
You'd think half of America would have mental whiplash by now.

affa
03-02-2012, 12:47 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/161394.gif

this has nothing to do with the thread, but can someone please explain what the hell is happening here? it's obvious they know that's going to happen (ducking away)... so... um... why?

Paul Or Nothing II
03-02-2012, 02:40 AM

Because mainstreamers see Romney as "more electable" & "capable of beating Obama" & this is why I've been saying for ages now that we MUST make the electorate realize that Ron's appeal with Independents & Democrats makes him the ONLY candidate that can beat Obama!

I haven't seen one electability ad yet? WHY? :(

The biggest meme against Paul is that he's "unelectable" against Obama which is absolutely NOT true & unless the truth is brought forward, Paul isn't going to be mainstreamers' default choice

sanssq
03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
The only way we win through the primaries is by getting old people on board.

Good luck with that... the delegates are the best shot in my opinion.

Frankly the Paul campaign failed miserably in that effort. The Paul campaign needed to show he has only true budget plan to reduce spending enough to pay for SS. The ad should have gone like this: ".....Gingrich, Santorum and Romney say they will not cut SS, but they refuse to say how": "......only Ron Paul's Restore America provides the funding to pay those that have contributed to SS their entire lives."......... "Obama and the others? They have no answers only empty promises".

Trust me. I know a lot of retired and near retired people. This would have put pressure on the others to respond. That would have opened them up to their empty rhetoric. This was THE issue for this demographic. The Paul campaign failed to see it.

The delegate strategy being employed may be effective in some cases, but the fact is it relies on the GOP being honest and abiding by their own rules. That it is really questionable. Disputes will be handled by the GOP establishment and the local and state boards of elections. Those are controlled by the democratic and republican party establishments. I wish that the Paul campaign had asked some of us who had experience with this before they adopted this strategy.

gerryb
03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
The delegate strategy being employed may be effective in some cases, but the fact is it relies on the GOP being honest and abiding by their own rules. That it is really questionable.

We have the #'s to completely take over the GOP, if just half the people who gave $$ competed to become committee members and chair person. We would BE the GOP establishment if we did this.