PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash's House Seat at Risk

Lucille
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Justin Amash's House Seat at Risk (reason.com/blog/2012/03/01/justin-amashs-house-seat-at-risk)

Michigan Rep. Justin Amash, a "Ron Paul Republican" who votes no at times when even Dr. No votes yes, got redistricted and is now, Politico reports, at risk of losing his seat to a Democratic challenger, if the pollster feeds the would-be voter the right supposedly damning details on an incumbent who most people seem to think they like at first.
[...]
Mike Riggs wrote about Amash last week in a piece about potential claimants to the throne of the House's most libertarian member when Ron Paul is gone in 2013.

Related: MIGOP Redistricting Justin Amash Out?!? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?299657-MIGOP-Redistricting-Justin-Amash-Out-!)

silverhandorder
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I live in NY and generally burned out on politics atm. But I would drive up there to campaign for him.

libertyfanatic
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
What a coincidence...

kathy88
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Out. Of. Control. BEN SWANN where are you?

3kgt
03-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Justin is a genius businessman he can handle it. That's not to say we shouldn't help him.

Shane Harris
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM
slightly unrelated but has anyone else been real excited about the possible future of Tom Davis in the Liberty movement ever since S.C? I have. The guy takes classes at mises.org and posts about them on facebook and is extremely popular in S.C and I would love to see him challenge for Graham's Senate seat or at least a House seat. Amish needs to stay in the House as well, at least until he's old enough to run for Senate haha

Feeding the Abscess
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
slightly unrelated but has anyone else been real excited about the possible future of Tom Davis in the Liberty movement ever since S.C? I have. The guy takes classes at mises.org and posts about them on facebook and is extremely popular in S.C and I would love to see him challenge for Graham's Senate seat or at least a House seat. Amish needs to stay in the House as well, at least until he's old enough to run for Senate haha

He's old enough to run for Senate. Required age is 30.

Shane Harris
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
He's old enough to run for Senate. Required age is 30.

Oh I thought he was still in his late 20s and I thought you had to be 35 for Senate, I guess thats for President.

GunnyFreedom
03-01-2012, 04:25 PM
This sounds awfully familiar for some reason...

gerryb
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Justin is a genius businessman he can handle it. That's not to say we shouldn't help him.

He needs $$ to be able to execute.

$5 a month subscription is what I have seen him ask for.

The facebook updates on legislation are worth the fee, I think -- let alone the value of his vote in congress.

nobody's_hero
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Haven't they tried to redistrict Ron Paul out of his seat several times in the past? Each time he ended up blowing out the competition anyway, lol.