PDA

View Full Version : Washington online voter registration deadline: 11:59pm TODAY March 2

rp08orbust
03-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I just called the Washington GOP. People can register online to vote as late as 11:59pm tomorrow (Friday). However, anyone who registers to vote tomorrow (and really, anyone in general) will need to bring proof of their registration, which for online registration means a print-out.

So, Grassroots for Liberty will be able to continue spending donations on robocalls identifying new Ron Paul supporters (many who are not registered to vote) through the first half of tomorrow, with follow-up calls through 9pm, maybe even later if we're gutsy.

harikaried
03-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Do you know if it's that registrations on Saturday won't be processed or it's just they don't think people attending the 10am caucuses will wake up even earlier to register Saturday morning?

It seems somewhat odd that a registration at 12:01am sounds like it won't be accepted even though I would assume it's automated and the website is open 24/7.

tsai3904
03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Do you know if it's that registrations on Saturday won't be processed or it's just they don't think people attending the 10am caucuses will wake up even earlier to register Saturday morning?

It seems somewhat odd that a registration at 12:01am sounds like it won't be accepted even though I would assume it's automated and the website is open 24/7.

The State Central Committee voted to make March 2 the voter registration deadline. Since Washington has online voter registration, it had to be 11:59 pm.

PolicyReader
03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
good info to have, thanks for all the work you're putting in on this

IterTemporis
03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
What's the website to register online?

tsai3904
03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
What's the website to register online?

https://wei.secstate.wa.gov/olvrsite/

Whoever registers now needs to print out confirmation and bring it with them to the caucus.