PDA

View Full Version : Paul expands Super Tuesday ad buy into Idaho

sailingaway
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/213649-paul-expands-super-tuesday-ad-buy-into-idaho

RonPaul101.com
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Like a union contractor at 5pm, Ron is puttin' the hammer down...

Gray Fullbuster
03-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Where are we pollin at in Idaho?

Seems the campaigns putting alot of faith there. I wish the extension would have gone to 3 more days of WA.

Then again I'm putting a lot of faith into WA.

braane
03-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't know of any polls that have been conducted in Idaho. There has been some straw polls though, and those would suggest that it will be a really close fight between Romney and Ron.

sailingaway
03-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't know of any polls that have been conducted in Idaho. There has been some straw polls though, and those would suggest that it will be a really close fight between Romney and Ron.

Apparently there is a huge Morman voting block there (said a guy from Ron's campaign who is a Morman).

coffeewithchess
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
The biggest issue here, is they need to RESCRIPT the "Plan" ad and include in it that he will balance the budget WITHOUT cutting Social Security. Watch it how it currently is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIAVKUqeuQw

It needs only a few simple changes to make it appeal/interesting to the older votes...who want to hear, "Social Security won't be cut." "Social Security will be secure." etc.
It would take the guy who did the voiceover probably 2 minutes to reread it, and the ad company maybe 1-2 hours to add a different screen highlighting something different.

sailingaway
03-01-2012, 01:28 PM
The biggest issue here, is they need to RESCRIPT the "Plan" ad and include in it that he will balance the budget WITHOUT cutting Social Security. Watch it how it currently is:

It needs only a few simple changes to make it appeal/interesting to the older votes...who want to hear, "Social Security won't be cut." "Social Security will be secure." etc.
It would take the guy who did the voiceover probably 2 minutes to reread it, and the ad company maybe 1-2 hours to add a different screen highlighting something different.

I so agree. Just a voice over change would do it....

Barrex
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I agree too so you draft a letter to official campaign and entire RPF can sign it.... no use from talking about it.
.... and while you are at it ask for liaison so that there is better communication between grassroots and official campaign. People notice a lot of stuff that could be rectified and improved easily if there was a little more communication.

RonPaul101.com
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I agree too so you draft a letter to official campaign and entire RPF can sign it.... no use from talking about it.
.... and while you are at it ask for liaison so that there is better communication between grassroots and official campaign. People notice a lot of stuff that could be rectified and improved easily if there was a little more communication.

dougw@ronpaul2012.com

coffeewithchess
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Already sent one, working on a "rough draft" version with my own voiceover to provide them with a simple example.

coffeewithchess
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Here's my "updated" version of the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAnRxPQDxo

Shane Harris
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Here's my "updated" version of the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAnRxPQDxo

how about.. "end foreign wars and nation building so we can afford to keep ss secure" or something like that

coffeewithchess
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
how about.. "end foreign wars and nation building so we can afford to keep ss secure" or something like that

No. He is going for the REPUBLICAN nomination. If John McCain won that nomination in 2008, AFTER singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb, Iran." I don't think the audience he needs to target cares about the wars/nation building like we think they do.

Paulatized
03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Apparently there is a huge Morman voting block there (said a guy from Ron's campaign who is a Morman).

Every time I getting a little encouraged about a state, someone will post what a big Mormon voting block it has. I don't guess I realized they were scattered out all across the US so. I guess their impact is that they vote and vote as a block and for their own.

EBounding
03-01-2012, 07:33 PM
No. He is going for the REPUBLICAN nomination. If John McCain won that nomination in 2008, AFTER singing "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb, Iran." I don't think the audience he needs to target cares about the wars/nation building like we think they do.

+rep for the video edit.

Voters can figure out on their own how he will keep SS secure.

coffeewithchess
03-02-2012, 12:39 AM
+rep for the video edit.

Voters can figure out on their own how he will keep SS secure.

Thanks for the +rep. I emailed this over to a few people connected with the campaign, and if I was able to edit this in under 2 hours...it would have taken them probably 30 minutes at most to redo this.
I agree about the voters figuring out the spending, though I guarantee you most won't find the time to read any of these candidates' plans, much less their voting records/histories....which is why the campaign must speak directly to the base they are trying to get votes from, and clearly the campaign has missed the older voters so far.

Lord Xar
03-02-2012, 12:43 AM

Can you post this idea on Doug Weads Facebook wall. He can bring this to the attention of Tate or whomever. I don't know WHY they haven't dealt with the SS issue, but your idea is a good one.

coffeewithchess
03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Can you post this idea on Doug Weads Facebook wall. He can bring this to the attention of Tate or whomever. I don't know WHY they haven't dealt with the SS issue, but your idea is a good one.

Asking why they haven't dealt with SS, is like asking why they haven't dealt with foreign policy and ignore media requests, while we scream the media ignores him...it's really baffling and annoying.
When your Achilles heel is known, and you don't address/protect it, there's absolutely no excuse for it...NONE.

How many millions has the campaign raised? How many millions has the campaign spent? If I was able to edit this using 2+ year old video editing software, and a simple headset, and guys like Chainspell put up their own money for voiceovers, soundtracks, and templates...there's no excuse why we should have to keep harassing the campaign to address the issues that have prevented Dr. Paul from having sealed this nomination up MONTHS ago.

LibertyIn08
03-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Asking why they haven't dealt with SS, is like asking why they haven't dealt with foreign policy and ignore media requests, while we scream the media ignores him...it's really baffling and annoying.
When your Achilles heel is known, and you don't address/protect it, there's absolutely no excuse for it...NONE.

How many millions has the campaign raised? How many millions has the campaign spent? If I was able to edit this using 2+ year old video editing software, and a simple headset, and guys like Chainspell put up their own money for voiceovers, soundtracks, and templates...there's no excuse why we should have to keep harassing the campaign to address the issues that have prevented Dr. Paul from having sealed this nomination up MONTHS ago.

I love armchair quarterbacks.

digitaldean
03-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Ok so far he bought ads in Washington, Idaho, and Vermont. Now he needs to visit Vermont to be the only one of the 4. And he needs to buy ads in Alaska, and North Dakota.

coffeewithchess
03-02-2012, 01:34 AM
I love armchair quarterbacks.

I'm sorry, being an armchair quarterback would mean simply talking, and not acting. What I did was actually REDO the campaign's original ad for them, so they could have a CLEAR example of what to change in it.
I then emailed that to people IN the campaign, and received responses on it.

Armchair quarterbacks usually have a great record of talking, but no actions to back it up.
Perhaps you missed the Facebook ads thread before New Hampshire, and my other threads/posts from months ago?

Perhaps I missed where I'm being paid to sit around and think of ad ideas for the campaign? No, I do it because I'm trying to help the campaign in areas many believe it is lacking...

Barrex
03-02-2012, 02:40 AM
dougw@ronpaul2012.com

That is the problem. Who the hell am I for Doug Wead to take me seriously??? Every day I see people pointing out things that shouldnt be happening or that could be fixed easily but there is no other way than individual to start calling official campaign. It is all left to chance "if it happens it will happen". Wrong way of doing things.

Already sent one, working on a "rough draft" version with my own voiceover to provide them with a simple example.

Post response if you get one from campaign.

LibertyIn08
03-02-2012, 05:56 AM
I'm sorry, being an armchair quarterback would mean simply talking, and not acting. What I did was actually REDO the campaign's original ad for them, so they could have a CLEAR example of what to change in it.
I then emailed that to people IN the campaign, and received responses on it.

Armchair quarterbacks usually have a great record of talking, but no actions to back it up.
Perhaps you missed the Facebook ads thread before New Hampshire, and my other threads/posts from months ago?

Perhaps I missed where I'm being paid to sit around and think of ad ideas for the campaign? No, I do it because I'm trying to help the campaign in areas many believe it is lacking...

I take issue with the notion that the "genius" ideas the Grassroots come up with would immediately take Ron to first in the nomination process - not the hard work that you, like many others, have been putting in. That is most certainly appreciated and I apologize for not being more clear on that point.

There have certainly been mistakes by the official campaign team. At the same time, many of the ideas the grassroots put forward are not nearly as efficacious as they assume they are - and some, it seems, actually had deleterious impacts that we didn't find out about until after the fact. It is important to be somewhat restrained when making prognostications as to the outcome of a specific campaign proposal.

Canderson
03-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Ok so far he bought ads in Washington, Idaho, and Vermont. Now he needs to visit Vermont to be the only one of the 4. And he needs to buy ads in Alaska, and North Dakota.

wasn't there already an ad buy in North Dakota?

RonPaul101.com
03-02-2012, 02:18 PM
That is the problem. Who the hell am I for Doug Wead to take me seriously???

Hopefully you'll be someone with an idea he likes. Unfortunately, it is not for us to decide the direction the campaign takes - one can only suggest and hope the correct action is taken either way. Who am I to coordinate an effort with John Tate? But I did once and it worked out. It was up to him to decide to take the advice of a supporter talking to him during his smoke break or not - I could only advise, not implement.