PDA

View Full Version : Ggriinch's Secret Deal with Rmoney...to divide the anti-Rmoney and ant-Paul voters

Voluntary Man
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Recently, there has been much spin and speculation, among the loony chattering press-titutes, that Ron may have struck some sort of a backroom deal with Rmoney, to split up the ant-Rmoney vote, in order to help Rom win the nom and to secure the VP slot for Rand (or a Fed chairmanship for himself, or both). Given the history of such races, though, isn't it far more likely that the Newtered one is really Mitt's stealth stalking horse?

After all, isn't it Satonrum ("Saton," from here on) and Ggriinch who both occupy the exact same ground, the anti-Mittens(the wildcard)/anti-Ron(the "idealist") vote? Aren't the Newtant and Saton both virtually indistinguishable, not only from each other (politically, if not personally), but also indistinguishable from the run of the mill "it's MY turn" party trash that the GOP shoves down our throats election after election?

Of course, Ron's Constitutionalist/ old fashioned American conservatism is what makes him a scary anachronism to the neonned, trotskyist GOP duh-masses, but Mitt's mistrust by both the party machine and majority goes beyond his "freaky" religion; whether in reality or just in public perception, Mitt is still a wildcard to most voters, due to his numerous and frequent flip-flops on just about every conceivable issue. Even among politicians, Mitt is a flip-flopper's flip-flopper, to the point that he has succeeded in obscuring all, if any, deeply help convictions (beyond faith and family, of course).

Taking into account the actual dynamics of this primary, it becomes rather obvious that the Newt-factor is the one most likely to result in Rmoney's nomination; I wonder what Newt has been promised.

Voluntary Man
03-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Any thoughts?

splanky
03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I see both Newt and Santy as being in the race only to prevent Paul from being the alternative to Mitts. It's obvious in Newts case, but the whole MSM-provided 'surge' for Santy and his clear unpreparedness is telling.

Keith and stuff
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Any thoughts?

Romney doesn't have a freaky religion. It seems that the majority of party insiders in the US that have weighed in, support Romney. At least publicly, Romney and Newt seem to not be friends.

Promising an opposing candidate something isn't bad or wrong, as far as I can tell.

Voluntary Man
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Romney doesn't have a freaky religion. It seems that the majority of party insiders in the US that have weighed in, support Romney. At least publicly, Romney and Newt seem to not be friends.

Promising an opposing candidate something isn't bad or wrong, as far as I can tell.

That characterization of Rmoney's religion was not my own.

As far as promises go, I think all the speculation about a secret deal between Ron and Mitt is just a red herring.