PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts GOP Straw Poll: TODAY!

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I know all the people who signed up for the email list in Massachusetts already know this, but there is a very important straw poll today in Massachusetts. I understand there will be a cash bar starting at 7 PM and a straw poll at 8 PM. Here is the information contained in the email I received:

Tauton GOP Straw Poll
7 pm Thursday, March 1, 2012
The Baha Brother's Sandbar Grill ( in the Tiki Room)
64 Weir Street, Taunton, MA.

The event begins at 7PM with a Cocktail/Social hour, including a cash bar and light refreshments. There will also be campaign representatives from Ron Paul, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich that will give remarks, and the keynote speaker will be Chip Faulkner, associate director f citizens for Limited Taxation. WSAR radio host George Colajezzi will serve as master of ceremonies. The votes will be tabulated on the spot and the results announced when the counting is done. The event is hosted by the Taunton Republican City Committee and their suggested donation for the event is $25 per person at the door, or $20 in advance. You can donate in advance here.

Winning this straw poll could be a big boost for Ron Paul in Massachusetts, so please come join us.

Please keep this in Grassroots Central- it's an important straw poll that will likely receive coverage in the Boston Globe and the Boston Herald.

I'll hope to see you there tonight!

EDIT- Update...WE WIN! :D

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9500/ronpaulwins.jpg

EDIT 2- Video update. That's me in the suit w/glasses on the right side of the screen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjrA9UXfI7g&feature=related

Edit 3- Video update. The speech that was given by a Ron Paul representative from Massachusetts. It just so happens that this guy went to the same high school as me, nearly 50 miles away from Taunton!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dfh4YP8vvo&feature=related

sailingaway
03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
bump!!

Aratus
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
bump

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for helping to keep this on the first page. I look forward to meeting all my RPF friends later tonight! :)

Phil
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
15 minutes away but unfortunately I can't go.

kathy88
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
So Romney's so smug about winning Mass he isn't even sending a rep?

joshnorris14
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
So Romney's so smug about winning Mass he isn't even sending a rep?

Do you blame him? Why waste resources when it is completely unnecessary

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Romney is a polarizing figure in Massachusetts, some people like him, some dislike him. But whoever you speak to, most will say he spent most of his time while Governor of Massachusetts outside of the state, campaigning for his next political gig...

Aratus
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
^true^ i could add links to ongoing online news stories from that time...

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
We won! I'll post a report and picture of the results when I get home. Great to see the revolution is alive in Massachusetts!

:)

Massachusetts
03-01-2012, 08:55 PM
That is great news! I honestly think there's a chance that Paul pulls off an upset in Massachusetts.

muzzled dogg
03-01-2012, 09:27 PM
^not a chance

i would be happy with 15% tho

sportsfan4paul
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Vote for Dr Paul, and send it to your friends to vote for him also!

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9500/ronpaulwins.jpg

Ron Paul: 51%

Mitt Romney: 38%

Rick Santorum: 8%

Newt Gingrich: 3%

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 10:06 PM
^not a chance

i would be happy with 15% tho

Sorry for the double post but yes, 15% is critical. We need to hit that number so we get those delegates. I have to note that there was very weak support for Gingrich tonight and Santorum didn't do much better. I have hope that we can hit 15% after tonight's meeting!

kathy88
03-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Great job!

Massachusetts
03-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry for the double post but yes, 15% is critical. We need to hit that number so we get those delegates. I have to note that there was very weak support for Gingrich tonight and Santorum didn't do much better. I have hope that we can hit 15% after tonight's meeting!

I predict Santorum will finish dead last in MA.

Probably Romney-Paul-Gingrich-Santorum

muzzled dogg
03-01-2012, 10:29 PM

no

insiders love romney
the teocons love santorum
people like ron but they arent republicans
newt sucks

romney santorum paul newt

Keith and stuff
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM

I predict either Gingrich or Paul will finish last. Santorum is the candidate that the super religious like and MA is more religious than NH (or VT.) Unless Santorum completely bombs nationally, he should do something in MA.

Massachusetts
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
no

insiders love romney
newt sucks

Really? The impression I get in MA is that Santorum isn't well-liked at all..

Massachusetts
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
no

insiders love romney
newt sucks

Really? The impression I get in MA is that Santorum isn't well-liked at all..

muzzled dogg
03-01-2012, 10:33 PM
in MA he isn't

but amongst likely gop primary voters he is

bronxboy10
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Santorum will finish either 2nd or 3rd. You must remember this guys...

There is a HUGE Catholic population in Massachusetts.

Aratus
03-02-2012, 06:42 AM
most roman catholics up here who are older LIKED jfk and guess what the former senator from pennsylvania said!

Student Of Paulism
03-02-2012, 07:25 AM
most roman catholics up here who are older LIKED jfk and guess what the former senator from pennsylvania said!

Yea, that just made me want to strangle the crap out of him for saying that. JFK may not have been all that moral in his personal life, but he was against a lot of the establishment garbage and didnt sign off on many establishment agendas and corrupt policies they were trying to push, which had a lot to do with him being killed. He was pretty much the last kind of 'people's president' we had, aside from Reagan's early years, and not only does this jackass take his words out of context, he blatantly shows how much of a zealot nutjob he is with the force feeding of his warped version of Catholicism. I love how he demonizes Iran all the time about their theocracy and divine government rule, yet he is pretty much preaching the same crap.

JKF STILL has more brains than this sorry fucktard ever will.

J. W. Evans
03-02-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm not so sure about where Santorum will fall anymore.

Massachusetts is Romney country, that cannot be changed. What can be changed however is Santorum and Paul's positions.
He hasn't completely blown it, but since the last primaries and the debate, his support has been dwindling.
Looking at the last polls out of MA, it was like >50% for Romney, 16% for Santorum, Paul 7%, and Gingrich at 6%

Even before that, I had my doubts about Santorum. I live in one of the more Conservative communities in Central MA and a lot of individuals I know who I would expect to be Santorum supporters, are coming to me (I'm the local politics guy, as I'd expect practically all of us to be in our respective communities) with concerns about what to do. The narrative is that they know Santorum doesn't stand a chance against Obama, and they don't want to give him anything to use so he inadvertently helps Obama in the General.
I'm not saying my community reflects Massachusetts as a whole, but I found it noteworthy.

On top of this, and I know there have been many problems about this in the past but, we have a lot of big college communities. Can you honestly tell me you expect Santorum to beat Ron Paul in NoHo? Amherst? Hadley?

bronxboy10
03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Just added a video of the results being read in the OP. :D

Cinderella
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
the final push starts today and we need people to make phone calls. I know its a pain in the butt, but it needs to be done. Its all grassroots effort here in Mass and every volunteer really makes a difference :) Tonight we are meeting at Liberty Clubhouse in Worcester, 18 Grafton St 4th floor, for phone clls and sign making. If you can come down and help please do! bring your laptop and make some calls...100 calls took me about 2 hours to do, and we have a lot of fun doing them :)

I've made some really cute signs too. I'll be using them this weekend :) and at the FED on March 5th!!!

bronxboy10
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
the final push starts today and we need people to make phone calls. I know its a pain in the butt, but it needs to be done. Its all grassroots effort here in Mass and every volunteer really makes a difference :) Tonight we are meeting at Liberty Clubhouse in Worcester, 18 Grafton St 4th floor, for phone clls and sign making. If you can come down and help please do! bring your laptop and make some calls...100 calls took me about 2 hours to do, and we have a lot of fun doing them :)

I've made some really cute signs too. I'll be using them this weekend :) and at the FED on March 5th!!!

Oh cool! I did not know about the event at the FED on March 5th, but I'll be there! Thanks for the heads up!