PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum fundraising letter: "We tied Romney in MI. Forget what the press says"

vechorik
03-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Dear Patriot,

We tied Mitt Romney in Michigan last night! Forget about what the press is saying—you read that correctly. We tied Mitt Romney in his home state. But we’ve got to keep the momentum going. Will you help us?

Michigan awards their delegates by Congressional District. So while Romney narrowly won the statewide popular vote, we won the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 13th districts, and one more district, the 5th, is within a 100 votes and there might be a recount. Gov. Romney and I will each get one of Michigan's two at large delegates, giving us a split of 15-15.

Here's the bottom line: Mitt Romney and his SuperPAC outspent us by millions of dollars in his home state, and he couldn't come away with anything better than a tie in the delegate count. No matter what the press would have you believe this morning, we are now in for a long, important battle. But before I get to that, I just have to tell you, I thought a lot about my grandfather last night.

He was an immigrant from Italy. He became a coal miner, and worked hard every day. To think that his grandson could run in the most important Presidential election in American history is absolutely inspiring!

I thought of him a lot during the early days of this campaign when I was spending long nights crisscrossing Iowa to talk with voters, driving in my own car while other candidates were taking private jets. It's hard to be the underdog! Let me tell you, it's much more difficult to run a grassroots, shoe-leather campaign where you actually talk to voters, than to throw millions of dollars on TV.

But now, with 10 states voting in the next week, we need those millions. Will you help us?

It has been humbling to see how this story has resonated with Americans across the country. The idea that hard work and dedication can pay off, no matter who you are or where you come from, well, that's the American dream isn't it?

Our campaign proved again last night that Republican voters want a work horse to take on President Obama. They see that in our campaign.

Now, we move on to Super Tuesday. In only 6 days, 10 states will vote. That means we have to raise a lot of money to compete with the millions Romney and his backers are dumping into this race. I hope you will add your $35 and help us fight back.

I am putting together a campaign of regular Americans who understand that now is the time to save America. These are Americans with the courage to fight the liberal left – not with moderate mushiness, but with bold ideas.

Will you join the millions of Americans who are rallying to our campaign and donate today?

We just tied Romney in Michigan, but we can't let up. Now is the time. Let's do what Americans always do when faced with an impossible challenge – we fight.

It won't be easy. But it's worth it.

For America,

Rick
Senator Rick Santorum

P.S. We won an amazing victory last night in Mitt Romney's home state of Michigan. We can win this thing. But we need to raise more money for Super Tuesday to make it happen. Will you join us?

Feeding the Abscess
03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
All fundraising emails, regardless of the candidate, read like they were written by the same person, presumably living in his mother's basement.

I honestly don't know how anyone doesn't do anything but immediately delete them.

TC95
03-01-2012, 09:23 AM
That's nice. Ron Paul and Mitt Romney tied him for first in delegates in Iowa. I wonder if he ever told his supporters, "Forget the press, guys. I didn't win nothin'. It was a 3-way tie between me, Romney, and Paul."

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/ia

RPit
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
If you take away 3% of his vote since they were Democrats trying to play Romney, the margin was even bigger.