PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from Ron Paul at home........

RonPaulCentral
11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
well sort of...... :D

I just picked up my voice mail here at home (Orlando, Fl) and what was the message waiting for me?

It was a recorded message from RON PAUL -- talking to me about Gun Owners rights -- and directing me to gunownersforpaul.com

The message was paid for and approved by the main campaign -- so this is proof those $$$$ are being put to good use!!!

I am, however, kind of puzzled how they got my number.

Couple facts:

#1: My home number is unpublished / unlisted
#2: I am a member of the NRA
#3: I hold a Florida State concealed weapons permit.

Other then that my name / number should not be "associated with guns" anywhere. I am impressed as it shows the call was targeted and reached the intended individual....

But from whom & where did they source me is the question.

The burning question....

Matthew Zak
11-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Maybe you GAVE them your phone number when you donated to their campaign?

I did.

skiingff
11-13-2007, 11:44 AM
CCW permits are public record. That may be why.

tiznow
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
well sort of...... :D

I just picked up my voice mail here at home (Orlando, Fl) and what was the message waiting for me?

It was a recorded message from RON PAUL -- talking to me about Gun Owners rights -- and directing me to gunownersforpaul.com

The message was paid for and approved by the main campaign -- so this is proof those $$$$ are being put to good use!!!

I am, however, kind of puzzled how they got my number.

Couple facts:

#1: My home number is unpublished / unlisted
#2: I am a member of the NRA
#3: I hold a Florida State concealed weapons permit.

Other then that my name / number should not be "associated with guns" anywhere. I am impressed as it shows the call was targeted and reached the intended individual....

But from whom & where did they source me is the question.

The burning question....

i'm sure it's not hard to get your hands on contact list of people holding concealed weapons permits

I'm guessing that's where it originated from

RonPaulCentral
11-13-2007, 11:46 AM

I did.

I used my cell phone number. I don't ever give out my home number.

skiingff
11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
i'm sure it's not hard to get your hands on contact list of people holding concealed weapons permits

I'm guessing that's where it originated from

The Roanoke Times did it, and EXPOSED many CCW permit holders in Virginia, including crime victims who have been threatened by their ex, probation officers who are at risk from convicted murderers, etc.

If people have a legitimate reason for needing to keep their info. private, it should be kept private. Otherwise I'm all for an open gov't and public records.

nullvalu
11-13-2007, 11:48 AM

I did.

Yeah but why would the campaign be calling people who have already donated and are already supporters? That wouldn't make too much sense.. :P problably from some kind of public record, as skiingf said.

davidkachel
11-13-2007, 11:58 AM
If people have a legitimate reason for needing to keep their info. private, it should be kept private. Otherwise I'm all for an open gov't and public records.

Whoa! Friend, do you realize what you just said???
Who is to decide what "a legitimate reason" might be???

Exactly!!! Right back down that slippery road to big brother.

The government has absolutely no right to know I even exist, let alone track information about me and give it away to any jackass who asks for it.

WE OWN the government, NOT the other way around. (At least that's how it is supposed to be.)

skiingff
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Whoa! Friend, do you realize what you just said???
Who is to decide what "a legitimate reason" might be???

Exactly!!! Right back down that slippery road to big brother.

The government has absolutely no right to know I even exist, let alone track information about me and give it away to any jackass who asks for it.

WE OWN the government, NOT the other way around. (At least that's how it is supposed to be.)

Well, since "We the people" ARE the government (or are supposed to be), this information should be public record, because we all want an open government, right?

Your logic is flawed...

Anyways, this information is public and has always and will always be public. I'm advocating restrictions to this public information. And you're saying by advocating restrictions I'm advocating Big Brother?

First of all, Big Brother has nothing to do with this. The government already HAS the information. I'm talking about regular citizens obtaining it.

I've done some private investigations and this information is public for a reason. It's so WE THE PEOPLE can INVESTIGATE public officials, the government, etc., using their very own records. We can also bypass the police, or in civil cases bypass fancy lawyers and do public info. research on our own. If you're going to own LAND, for example, which everyone in society shares an interest in b/c it's limited and it's always been there, I have a right to know who owns that land.

Again, how could journalists do their job without the FOIA, public records, etc? How could we keep the government in check?

Think for a second before you go on your Big Brother fit.

kylejack
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Does this style of advertising make anyone else uneasy?

Taco John
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM

no

VRP08
11-13-2007, 12:40 PM

It makes me feel that it might seem a little "pushy" on some folks . But I love RP so I would love to get a call like this!:D