PDA

View Full Version : Just converted a friend of mine, Army at Fort Campbell, KY

Intoxiklown
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Iraqi vet, getting ready to get out in a couple months, but I had him watch some Ron Paul videos, and he registered to vote today! He is jacked for Paul, feels like an ass for not knowing these things already, but I told him I was the same way.

He is going to talk to everyone on base, and start finding like minded people, as well as the surrounding areas. It was the "So you like Ron Paul, except for foreign policy" video that brought him around. We play online games together, and I could tell he was crying in our voice chat server when he told me, "We got to get this man elected."

LOL...I told him welcome to the liberty movement.

tsai3904
02-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Good job!

Make sure you he knows that Kentuckians have to be registered Republicans to vote for Ron Paul.

mosquitobite
02-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Good job!

Make sure you he knows that Kentuckians have to be registered Republicans to vote for Ron Paul.

I don't think they can change registration at this point. :( I think the deadline was Dec 31?

tsai3904
02-29-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't think they can change registration at this point. :( I think the deadline was Dec 31?

Yes, the deadline to change parties was 12/31 but unregistered voters have until 4/23 to register to vote.

TruthisTreason
02-29-2012, 08:28 PM

True. I think new voters might be able to register and vote R. And I've heard if you request to take your name off the voter rolls, then wait a few months, then apply to vote, you can come in as a new voter and register R, and vote in primary (not confirmed).

Intoxiklown
03-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Good job!

He is a registered Republican, just hadn't registered to vote in KY. LOL......please tell me he'll be ok?

tommyzDad
03-01-2012, 08:27 AM
+ Rep.

tsai3904
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
He is a registered Republican, just hadn't registered to vote in KY. LOL......please tell me he'll be ok?

You said he registered to vote yesterday right? If that was his first time registering in KY AND he registered Republican yesterday, then he will be able to vote for Ron Paul.

Intoxiklown
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
You said he registered to vote yesterday right? If that was his first time registering in KY AND he registered Republican yesterday, then he will be able to vote for Ron Paul.

Then he is golden. When I talk to him tonight, I'll be sure to make sure he is motivated to get everyone he can to do the same with a quickness.

lol...he is FILLING his FB page up with pro Paul videos.