PDA

View Full Version : People still do not know who Ron Paul IS

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I just heard from one of the folks who worked the Alabama Peanut Festival, this last week. People there, still have no idea who Ron Paul is, much less what he stands for. The few that have, have only heard the MSM spin. You know the drill. Isolationist, crazy old man who will ruin the government by radically cutting programs, etc.

I'm wondering if because we spend so much time searching out the latest Ron Paul news, that we are starting to believe that Ron Paul is much more known than he actually is. In fact, I would bet you money that this is exactly the case.

I posted this, not to be negative. But, to hopefully light a fire under us all, that now is the time to REALLY pour it on. We've got to get outside in the light of day and start putting the Slim Jims into real people's hands. Plus, we have all kinds of new "issue" slim jims that we can use to target certain interest groups. Alternative medicine practitioners, gun owners, right to life groups, etc. Hopefully, we can get some small business owners to display a stack of Slim Jims for their customers. That would be ideal.

It will be very sad if we lose this thing, just because people did not know about Paul and his message. I think we all realize that we are running flat out of time. It's now or never. So, even if this is outside of our individual comfort zones, please try it. You will be amazed at how easy it is, if you can just manage to make it through the first 10 people. I promise you.

GO GO GO!! LET'S DO THIS THING! Leave no stone unturned. :D

dsentell
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Absolutely right LibertyEagle. . .

I worked at a gun show on November 2, 3 and 4 promoting Ron Paul. I was shocked at how few people had even heard of him! We make a difference, little by little . . .

ronpaulyourmom
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Ron Paul currently has 60-65% name recognition among "likely voters". All of the major candidates are 85%+ with Rudy and McCain in the high 90's.

A very important trend in his numbers is that the proportional gap between his "favorable" and "unfavorable" ratings is narrowing. Where it used to be a 2-1 ratio of unfavorable to favorable, it's now 1.4-1.

We're winning this battle, the question is are we winning it fast enough?

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Ron Paul currently has 60-65% name recognition among "likely voters". All of the major candidates are 85%+ with Rudy and McCain in the high 90's.

Where are you getting these numbers?

What is a "likely" voter? Someone who voted in the last election, that is in one of the 2 major parties? Or, just the Republican party?

What about all those who have gotten disgusted and stopped voting? We all know that only a small percentage of Americans actually bother to vote.

uncloned21
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I would but the basement door is jammed. I'll have to wait for my mom to come home and let me out.

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 11:24 AM
ll

Avalon
11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Exactly. Anyone who has actually done their job and talked to people about Ron Paul would know we're still *way* behind where we need to be. The fact that everyone is complacent around here, sure that his support is 3x that shown in the phone polls means that these people have not been actually talking to any significant number of real, average voters.

I will say however that the south is likely to be a percent or two lower in recognition than the nation as a whole. In any case, we absolutely have to get that support % up to 10 in the next few weeks. And we CAN'T in any way rely on the media to do it for us.

Energy
11-13-2007, 12:08 PM
It will be very sad if we lose this thing, just because people did not know about Paul and his message.

Such a travesty it comes down to what media and stupid polls decide for people. They will lose their grip though as the internet generations displace the boomers. In the meantime, we have to create the news and make things happen. We've got a ton going for us, so it's FAR from over :)

Bossobass
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
The point is well taken and the urgency of pounding the streets is certainly real, but:

All along, when folks tell me they never heard of RP, I have questioned further to find that they also never heard of most of the other candidates as well.

I personally found the folks in Iowa to be hugely apathetic and without a clue as to the 2008 Presidential race issues and candidates.

After all, 65% of Americans can't find Great Britain on a globe.

IOW, keep on working, and don't be so discouraged by the polling numbers and the fact that most Americans don't know who is running for the GOP nomination.

Since the likely GOP primary voter's strength (which ain't all that strong to begin with) will be diluted by the fact that there are several top tier choices, all we need is to guarantee our supporters will vote and to keep showing up in huge numbers to the rallies, debates, sign waves and other awareness activities.

Bosso

rice_classic
11-13-2007, 12:23 PM
If we raise enough money we need Ron Paul to advertise during major sporting events. Superbowl might be too expensive but what about MNF or some top ranked Basketball game?

When Ross Perot bought all those 30 minute television spots people knew who he was. Everyone knew who Ross was but the MSM beat him to pulp (and honestly he didn't bring that much to the table).

This money needs to be spent on getting his name out there.

seapilot
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Start writing letters to the editor of your local paper. I am going to write one with a eye catching title " The only republican that Hillary is worried about". That might get peoples attention to read it as most people like sensationalism anyway. Hillary is probably the best known of the candidates as she has had years to dillute the publics mind.