PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Romney: 2012 versus 2008 results so far

nelsonwinters
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Since Ron Paul and Romney are the two candidates that ran in 2008 and 2012, I was curious to see how each are performing so far this go around compared to four years ago. To be clear, the numbers below represent the percentage increase or decrease in the 2012 percentage from the 2008 percentage. So 0% would indicate the same percentage. I was going to compare actual votes, but I figured that using the percentage would offset whether their was higher or lower total voter turnout.

State, Paul, Romney
Iowa, 115%, -3%
New Hampshire, 202%, 26%
South Carolina, 258%, 82%
Florida, 120%, 51%
Nevada, 37%, -2%
Colorado, 41%, -41%
Minnesota, 74%, -59%
Missouri, 183%, -10%
Maine, 100%, -26%
Arizona, 98%, 36%
Michigan, 89%, 8%

Overall actual votes are down 8.5% this year compared to 2008
Romney's actual votes are up 17.5%.
Ron Paul's actual votes are up 112.3%

Mister Grieves
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Encouraging info.

LawnWake
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
So we've improved tremendously while Romney's doing worse and he's still kicking our collective asses? Yeah, great.

kathy88
02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
So we've improved tremendously while Romney's doing worse and he's still kicking our collective asses? Yeah, great.

Does not compute Will Robinson. We should be at the top of this thing. Come on Montana.

Merk
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Does not compute Will Robinson. We should be at the top of this thing. Come on Montana.

I really believe we are on top but are getting screwed by vote fraud.

Mister Grieves
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
So we've improved tremendously while Romney's doing worse and he's still kicking our collective asses? Yeah, great. There are still far more drones who get their marching orders from the old media and blowhards on A.M. radio, but this shows that their numbers are stagnate or falling and the people who believe in the things Ron Paul espouses (personal liberty, sound money, no unjust military actions, etc.) are growing exponentially. I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long to get here, but I'm glad things are moving in the right direction.

SCOTUSman
02-29-2012, 11:42 AM

Lol...are you serious? Look at the polling numbers they say the same thing...poll fraud right?

kathy88
02-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Lol...are you serious? Look at the polling numbers they say the same thing...poll fraud right?

Actually, yes. Do a little research. The polling companies are the same ones that do exit polling. Ever wonder why they are so dead on?

soulcyon
02-29-2012, 11:51 AM
I really believe we are on top but are getting screwed by vote fraud.Vote fraud might be very little portion of this - it's the majority of the sheeple staring at Fox. They think they don't need to attend rallies, they think they're doing their research by staring at the TV - and unfortunately they are the majority of the voters out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, primaries and caucuses don't follow normal state voting procedures right?

LawnWake
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
We didn't get Iowa because they've started pushing Santorum around that time and started with the newsletter thing and there may have been vote fraud in Maine. Other than that, I think we're just lying to ourselves because we'd rather stick our heads in the sand than believe that we're doing something wrong and Paul isn't doing that well. I mean, that's what RPF is, right? A way for Ron Paul supporters to pretend like our man is winning because we're afraid of the reality of him being last? And we're just a bit too lazy to actually do something and look at ourselves CRITICALLY to see how we can improve our efforts?

I mean, that's what every other thread is, right? Crunching numbers to make our position look a lot better than it actually is? I mean, if we put half as much effort in improving our campaigning and promiting our guy as we did in finding ways to make us look good, we would've wrapped up the nomination by now.

opinionatedfool
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
We are in second in delegate count.

SamuraisWisdom
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
LawnWake

The percentages can be deceiving. If Romney started with 100,000 votes and increased by 25% then he would end up with 125,000 votes. If Ron started with 10,000 votes and increased 150% then he would end up with 25,000 votes, still losing by 100,000 votes.

soulcyon
02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
We didn't get Iowa because they've started pushing Santorum around that time and started with the newsletter thing and there may have been vote fraud in Maine. Other than that, I think we're just lying to ourselves because we'd rather stick our heads in the sand than believe that. I mean, that's what RPF is, right? A way for Ron Paul supporters to pretend like our man is winning because we're afraid of the reality of him being last? And we're just a bit too lazy to actually do something and look at ourselves CRITICALLY to see how we can improve our efforts?

I mean, that's what every other thread is, right? Crunching numbers to make our position look a lot better than it actually is? I mean, if we put half as much effort in improving our campaigning and promiting our guy as we did in finding ways to make us look good, we would've wrapped up the nomination by now.Ok negative nancy. Thanks for giving us hope - I know tons of people on RPF that work their butts off every day. Don't go classifying everybody on this forum as useless supporters.

LawnWake
02-29-2012, 11:58 AM
We are in second in delegate count.

And without the monemtum of winning a bunch of states we'll be third.. and then forth soon.

Ok negative nancy. Thanks for giving us hope - I know tons of people on RPF that work their butts off every day. Don't go classifying everybody on this forum as useless supporters.

This has got to be the most schizophrenic place on Earth. Ideas of reference much? If you're not one of the people I've described (the majority) then it doesn't apply to you.

James Madison
02-29-2012, 12:12 PM

Can we please stop with this 'vote fraud' stuff. It makes us look like sore-losers and kooks. The bottom line is that the vast majority of Americans are still grossly mis-informed when it comes to politics.

JohnM
02-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Encouraging info.

Indeed it is. Thanks to nelsonwinters for posting it.

He's catching on, I'm telling ya!

realtonygoodwin
02-29-2012, 12:15 PM
This is kinda good news, but just shows how poorly we did in 2008. It doesn't matter how much better we do than last time, it matters how much better we do than Romney, this time.

realtonygoodwin
02-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Can we please stop with this 'vote fraud' stuff. It makes us look like sore-losers and kooks. The bottom line is that the vast majority of Americans are still grossly mis-informed when it comes to politics.

+REP

HigherVision
Don't you wish Ron Paul was like 50? It would be near guaranteed if he ran every time like Ralph Nader that he'd eventually get it. Who are we left with after he's gone, that's what I'm worried about. There's no one to fill his shoes as of now.

More like there probably really is vote fraud but there's nothing we can do about it.

LawnWake
Besides, if it IS all voterfraud, why still bother with getting the guy elected? Then you're essentially just admitting that he's got no chance to win because whatever happens, there will be voter fraud and we won't get the nomination. If that's really the case, why not bother with electing liberty candidates in state elections? That's surely a lot more productive for the cause if RP isn't gonna get the nomination anyway.

splanky
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Don't you wish Ron Paul was like 50? It would be near guaranteed if he ran every time like Ralph Nader that he'd eventually get it. Who are we left with after he's gone, that's what I'm worried about. There's no one to fill his shoes as of now.

That's our problem, bigger than the election itself.

HigherVision
02-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Besides, if it IS all voterfraud, why still bother with getting the guy elected? Then you're essentially just admitting that he's got no chance to win because whatever happens, there will be voter fraud and we won't get the nomination. If that's really the case, why not bother with electing liberty candidates in state elections? That's surely a lot more productive for the cause if RP isn't gonna get the nomination anyway.

There can be fraud on the local level too. Politics basically is fraud, but that doesn't mean that we should just let the establishment have it.

LawnWake
02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
There can be fraud on the local level too. Politics basically is fraud, but that doesn't mean that we should just let the establishment have it.

Yeah, but not fraud to this degree. There's more oversight and control on a more local level. Hence why Ron Paul got reelected a million times.

HigherVision
02-29-2012, 12:21 PM
That's our problem, bigger than the election itself.

Yeah cause we have all this momentum and what I don't want to see happen is for it to be derailed if our movement becomes demoralized by the concessions that other less principled candidates like Rand will make. We need someone who will inspire people the way Ron does, not just someone who wants to conform in order to do 'some good'. Judge Napolitano is the only other person I can think of.

James Madison
02-29-2012, 12:26 PM

More like there probably really is vote fraud but there's nothing we can do about it.

Not really. You don't need to engage in fraud if the establishment candidate has a 25% margin on Ron. You stand to gain nothing and open yourself up to the possibility of the fraud being exposed.

splanky
02-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah cause we have all this momentum and what I don't want to see happen is for it to be derailed if our movement becomes demoralized by the concessions that other less principled candidates like Rand will make. We need someone who will inspire people the way Ron does, not just someone who wants to conform in order to do 'some good'. Judge Napolitano is the only other person I can think of.

Heh, I like the judge and all but I don't see him ever getting close to RP's support that's built up for 30 some years. I'm thinking that US bankruptcy is the only candidate we'll be left with.

HigherVision
02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Not really. You don't need to engage in fraud if the establishment candidate has a 25% margin on Ron. You stand to gain nothing and open yourself up to the possibility of the fraud being exposed.

I'm not sure what you mean. If no one votes for Ron then you can't say it's vote fraud because he really will have lost. I'm already open to the possibility of fraud, I just don't think we should make it any easier but just not voting at all because then they won't even have to cheat.

HigherVision
02-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Heh, I like the judge and all but I don't see him ever getting close to RP's support that's built up for 30 some years. I'm thinking that US bankruptcy is the only candidate we'll be left with.

I think he could. He already has had a successful tv show that millions of people probably watch. They're saying that it isn't low ratings that was the motivation for canceling him.