PDA

View Full Version : GOP opposes Ron Paul delegates in Indiana

dirtdigger
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
If GOP ejects RP delegates, they should be prepared for a third party run.

http://kokomotribune.com/local/x1875167717/Party-opposes-delegates

Republican Party organizations across Indiana are filing challenges to keep Ron Paul delegates from taking over the party’s state convention in June.

Give me liberty
02-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Sadly i agree.
If Ron isn't allowed Time for Third Party Run.

RPit
02-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Party chooses to follow rules but otherwise they don't. Anyways it really is the delegates fault but clearly the party is only pressing rules because they are anti-Paul.

michaelwise
02-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Nothing will change no matter which establishment candidate wins the Whitehouse. Everybody knows this already.

It appears Dr Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee, therefore the Ron Paul Crew will hand Obama the win by not voting for any of the establishment candidates. The Paul supporters will write in Ron Paul, or vote third party. Nearly 100% of them by my estimation, and vote against all incumbent congress critters too.

It will appear Obama and the Democrats gets most of the blame for the final destruction of the economy and country. I'm OK with that.

Congratulations on your win President Obama. Hopefully the people get that black president thing out of their system by the time your next 4 years are up.

Melissa
02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Party chooses to follow rules but otherwise they don't. Anyways it really is the delegates fault but clearly the party is only pressing rules because they are anti-Paul. It was not the delegates fault in anyway please do not comment if you are not sure. Many people worked very hard and this was in no way anything but the party playing dirty

alucard13mmfmj
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
We are here to win delegates... If they take delegates away from us, there might be blowback from us ^^

jscoppe
02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
They can probably amend their applications by signing the waiver. I believe it's up to a judge's discretion to let them amend or not.

RPit
02-29-2012, 02:23 PM
It was not the delegates fault in anyway please do not comment if you are not sure. Many people worked very hard and this was in no way anything but the party playing dirty

Is obtaining a waiver part the rules or not?

Cabal
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Saw this coming from day one of the delegate strategy. The State does not like to be threatened, and will sink to any depths in order to protect itself.

Brown Sapper
02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
This was just like Texas back in 2008. The article states that these people didn't vote in the primaries. Wouldn't that legitimately disqualify them as delegates? I don't know Indiana GOP party rules that well.

economics102
02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
So can our people start examining and inquiring about non-Paul delegates to see if any of them have broken rules and should be disqualified?

Mister Grieves
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
This was just like Texas back in 2008. The article states that these people didn't vote in the primaries. Wouldn't that legitimately disqualify them as delegates? I don't know Indiana GOP party rules that well.Of course they have to initially throw out some unfounded tidbit to keep the true story under the sheep's radar, and then later, if they even bother, quietly retract it moving on to cover the next fraud that gets perpetrated on the people. (By "cover" I mean hide and distort.)

SCOTUSman
02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Good Old People politics. That is what the GOP does. Dems do the same stuff in a different fashion Either infiltrate the party slowly, but surely or leave it. Either way, Indiana GOP is making a giant mistake if they strike these delegates.

TheGrinch
02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
It was not the delegates fault in anyway please do not comment if you are not sure. Many people worked very hard and this was in no way anything but the party playing dirty
No, it's not fair to say it was the delegates "fault", but can anyone here say that those aren't the rules? Even if they set up the rules to be underhanded, we still have to play their game by their rules.

Of course I'm not happy about the way they painted this an underhanded strategy when this is how delegates work, but at the same time, we have to know all the rules and follow them if we want to succeed in this strategy.

(But again, if it turns out these rules don't exist or were changed after the fact, then I detract these statements. It's not like I'm happy about their BS rules to restrict entry, but we still have to play by their rules unfortunately).

NoOneButPaul
02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Nothing will change no matter which establishment candidate wins the Whitehouse. Everybody knows this already.

It appears Dr Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee, therefore the Ron Paul Crew will hand Obama the win by not voting for any of the establishment candidates. The Paul supporters will write in Ron Paul, or vote third party. Nearly 100% of them by my estimation, and vote against all incumbent congress critters too.

It will appear Obama and the Democrats gets most of the blame for the final destruction of the economy and country. I'm OK with that.

Congratulations on your win President Obama. Hopefully the people get that black president thing out of their system by the time your next 4 years are up.

I've only been posting here a few days but i've been reading this forum for months and there was a poll somewhere on here that had 50% of the people saying they'd vote for a Romney/Paul ticket...

At some point the Republicans will find a way to try and get us, and I'm willing to bet a large majority of us will go.

Ways they'll get Paul people...

1) Make Paul VP
2) Promise the people that Paul will be Sec of the Treasury
3) Promise the people Paul will be Fed Chariman
4) Promise to adapt a key issue like auditing/ending the Fed or restoring the Gold standard or whatever "mainstream thing" they pick...
5) Make Rand VP

One way or another they'll try to find all sorts of ways to get us but at the end of the day the only way they'll get any of us is if Paul gets on board with them first...

Im more concerned with Paul selling us out for his son or something as pitiful as a speech... I'll be so devastated if that happens I hope he treats them the same way he did in 2008- that's the right way to go about it in my opinion.

Paul supporting them or not I'm never going to bring myself to trust them, I would consider voting for a Romney/Paul ticket ONLY because I believe there's at least 1 Paul supporter who is crazy enough to assassinate Romney.

erowe1
02-29-2012, 03:16 PM

Two years ago, those delegate candidates could have voted in the GOP primary (e.g. for Hostettler for Senate). They didn't.

Two months ago they could have joined their county GOP's as dues paying members. They didn't do that either.

jbauer
02-29-2012, 03:17 PM
+1000 my thoughts exactly.

NoOneButPaul
02-29-2012, 03:18 PM
As for the thread... what do you expect they'll straight up burn Paul's ballots if it means screwing him over.

twomp
02-29-2012, 03:19 PM
it's time for the GOP to die as a party...

Lucille
02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
But they'll break rules and bend over backwards to get Santorum on the ballot.

I voted for RP yesterday in AZ. Should I keep my GOP registration until the party's certain death, or just resign from The Bushevik Party now?

Liberty74
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
it's time for the GOP to die as a party...

I'll repeat, Ron needs to run Indy where 30-35% of the voters are registered as. Seriously, who is in charge of that Party? We could be. :D

Both establishments need to be brought down. The two party criminal system only serves them, not the people.

NoOneButPaul
02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
But they'll break rules and bend over backwards to get Santorum on the ballot.

I voted for RP yesterday in AZ. Should I keep my GOP registration until the party's certain death, or just resign from The Bushevik Party now?

You should follow Ron Paul's path and get yourself elected to the party so you can change it from the inside.

If enough of us become elected republicans we can shape the party in the ways we see fit, getting elected to all variety of different political positions is how we not only win but it's how we take back the GOP from the diet-democrats and neocons.

Parties have identity shifts periodically and it's clear the GOP needs one, we're the 20 and 30somethings, we're the ones with time on our sides. We're the ones who can take back the party and influence the generations after us, but quitting all together will do nothing for anyone...

NoOneButPaul
02-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I'll repeat, Ron needs to run Indy where 30-35% of the voters are registered as. Seriously, who is in charge of that Party? We could be. :D

Both establishments need to be brought down. The two party criminal system only serves them, not the people.

Even in a world where we get all 35%, beat Obama and Romney in the popular vote, and somehow win enough electoral votes to stop Romney or Obama from getting 270 the speaker of the house would still decide the President.

I wonder who that scumbag would pick...

We need to infiltrate the GOP by winning elections and then we can make it the party we want it to be.

roversaurus
02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
In Indiana LOTS of hard core republicans voted in the Democratic primary in 2008. Do you remember Rush Limbaugh and others ENCOURAGING republicans to vote for Hillary just to screw up the Democrats primary process?

I know several people who did just that.

truthspeaker
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Roversaurus, that is a good point and quite ironic.

It looks like the Texas GOP is trying the same maneuver. Please pray for us. We may not even have precinct conventions.

sailingaway
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Santorum did NOT make it but they let him on, if they ax Ron's delegates...
lol!

Those idiots don't get it. Ron is the only thing keeping the party viable.

AFPVet
02-29-2012, 04:56 PM

Yup... but hey, ignorance is bliss right? At least right up unto the point where you lose your job, house.... If people are foolish, they deserve what they get... but they shouldn't bring the rest of us down with them!

remraf
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Tell them how you feel:
Howard County Republican Headquarters (204 N. Main St.)
P.O.Box 3
Kokomo IN,US,46903
Call:765-459-8018
Email:communications@howardcountyrepublicans.org
You may contact GOP Chairman Craig Dunn at:

Chairman@howardcountyrepublicans.org

or

765-457-1134 (M-F)
765-457-6101 Home

sailingaway
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone communicating should remember Ron's image, their power over the delegate selection process, and NOT trash talk, imho.

mosquitobite
03-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Yes - SailingAway please take out post #28 - it will NOT help.

The challenge process is already past and we either made it or we didn't.

PLEASE take that out!!

ETA: all that is going to do is further have them dig in their heels to the "horrible" Ron Paul supporters at the convention. SMH

mosquitobite
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
There is an easy and simple way to take back Indiana.
Vote republican. Run as precinct committeemen. Vote for new chairmen.
Simple.

We cannot complain about the machine if we ourselves are not willing to step up and steer it. :-/
Just like those who claim if you don't vote you don't get to complain - well if you don't step up and volunteer - SAME THING!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
On a side note- is it worth it to send to this Rachel Maddow as she has already done extensive coverage of Pauls delegate strategy?

She would probably love to report that the GOP plays like this.

It may be embarrassment enough for some to change the unethical behavior and discourage states to come who are thinking of doing it too.
It may also inspire on the fense Dems and Indys to further check him out.

Just a thought. This election may be a last chance that we have to get GOP BS exposed on National television.

Kudos to all of you there working to get this straightened out.

Melissa
03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Two years ago, those delegate candidates could have voted in the GOP primary (e.g. for Hostettler for Senate). They didn't.

Two months ago they could have joined their county GOP's as dues paying members. They didn't do that either. Yea what about the ones that are just now 18 and the ones that were in Iraq at the time. or just moved here and had wonderful republican voting records and gave money but not allowed to be used here in Indiana since they did not have a primary record. This rule was changed just for this election and we did ask for the waiver and guess what they said no as for dues paying members we have husbands and wifes that are members of the GOP and thier 18 year old who goes to the events and helps with them was challenged because it was not about money it was about no voting record which some could not have any..so how can you get something they would not give you...we did not even see this special form until after the filing was over and it was even admitted at one hearing it was not available. We can say it is in the rules and we should have known...we did see it and again it is a new rule just this time so how can you get a waiver they wont give. I know of not one single person in the entire state that got one and again we tried repeatedly

Melissa
03-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Is obtaining a waiver part the rules or not? Yes it was put in there for this election and guess what we asked for it all around the state as we were filing and guess what they were all told no...they were not giving this form out no matter what it was a way to make sure that youth and new voters could not come in and do anything

sanssq
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
This was just like Texas back in 2008. The article states that these people didn't vote in the primaries. Wouldn't that legitimately disqualify them as delegates? I don't know Indiana GOP party rules that well.

So then, anyone that is under 21 years or so cannot be a delegate because they didn't vote in the previous primary. Anyone that has changed party cannot be a delegate either. Or if they moved from another state after the last primary. If either of these situations has been violated, and I'm sure that is the case, the GOP has no case. But they will win because the BOE's are all controlled by the two party's.

If anyone thinks we really have democracy in this country they are mistaken. Even though the US was set up (correctly) as a Republic. We have elections. So did the Soviet Union.

We don't have a Republic anymore either. Or real capitalism. Freedom of speech in on the way out. Forget habeus corpus. 4th Amendment? Nope. 5th gone. 6th? history. 8th? Uh uh. 9th? What rights "retained by the people" ???? 10th..... Long gone.

kathy88
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
This all boils down to they are PISSED because they know they can't win without our support. It's like the last gasp of breath right before you croak.

Matthew Zak
03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
This all boils down to they are PISSED because they know they can't win without our support. It's like the last gasp of breath right before you croak.

I wish I were as optimistic.

To me it feels like the GOP is playing a game of whack-an-uprising with one hand while holding hands with the other party. As if they could not be bothered.

surf
03-01-2012, 11:52 PM
we can complain about the machine and we should - in a civilized manner, of course. but the establishement frickin' hates us. i have been an "elected" precinct committtee officer since 2007, and these frickin' idiots refuse to even entertain the concept that freedom is good. a criticism of any of the lame-ass candidates they choose and you are seen as not being a "team player."

frankly, i've almost resigned 2 or 3 times primarly because i feel dumber following the monthly meetings. RP is the only reason that i have maintained my position, and some of my colleagues and my girlfriend encourage me to stay just in case Rand gives it a go in 2016. not sure i can hold out that long, but as they have virtually outlawed libertarians in this state, i'm not sure what i'll do.