PDA

View Full Version : Help WA to surge into Super Tuesday, NOW is the time!!!

RPit
02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
If there is any state that is crucial win its WA. It will give us the momentum we need for Super Tuesday.

Phone from home: http:/phone.ronpaul2012.com
Grassroots phonebank: rp2012.org (http://rp2012.org)

There are supporters who have gone on the sideline because now they also believe Ron can't win. And this will affect every state and our turnout to get that back AND to get momentum, especially now that Santorum is coming with losses into Super Tuesday if we win WA we have a real shot in some of the other states. If there is ever going to be a surge then that surge must start from WA. It is placed perfectly before Super Tuesday.

So please if you really care about winning then do your part and help WA, that is really where we must focus.

And forget about the polls in WA they can't capture it because we don't have primary this year the poll can only predict what would happen if we had a primary like we usually do, most people don't even know we don't have primary this year and will likely not even caucus. We got 21% in 2008 in the caucus but like 8% in the primary so don't pay attention to the polls. Give it your all to win WA.

When you talk to a supporter tell them:

There is NO PRIMARY, so there is no mailing ballot. The ONLY chance to vote for Ron Paul is to go to the caucus. March 3rd this upcoming Saturday.

Also many are unaware about caucus and they think it happens far away in some centralized location, so some might say they aren't going, LET THEM KNOW caucus is held NEARBY very close in their own communities just a few miles, please LET THEM KNOW THIS. MANY are unaware about caucuses and think they only happen in major cities like Seattle or Olympia they must know that it happens CLOSE to them and tell them its on a Saturday, don't assume they know its a weekend or date. Most don't know anything!!!

To find caucus locations tell them to go here: www.votewa.com
To learn about how caucus works go here: www.votewa.org

If they say they don't have time let them know all they have to do is go, put there name on the sign in sheet and write down Ron Paul on the sign in sheet as presidential preference, they DON'T HAVE TO STAY so its a quick min to vote. This way at least we'll get votes for th straw poll. But encourage them to stay to elect delegates.

Also emphasize they MUST be there BEFORE 10am or they can't vote. Doors open at 9am but CLOSE AT 10am. so tell them try to get there at 9:30am... BEFORE 10am is a MUST.

Please pass on ALL this info to every supporter they must be clear on at least this much, and I'm saying this from my experience phonebanking. People need to know date, time, location and reassured it happens close by and that its their only chance to support Ron Paul and that there is no primary.

If they are familiar with the caucus process (otherwise tell them to watch video on www.votewa.org) please tell them to MAKE A MOTION THAT THE RESULTS AND VOTES BE COUNTED AND ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY!!!

It would be nice if they can record the public count.

goodluck... Lets make this happen folks!!!!!

PolicyReader
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Key things to do for the campaign

Donate to the Current Moneybomb (https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/)
Phone From Home ("http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/faq.php)
Contact friends and relatives who are or who know someone that is in WA and urge them to get out the vote.

Most of this can be done by any supporter in or out of the state.

If anyone on the ground in WA has other ways we out of state supporters can help the effort in WA please speak up and let us know

eleganz
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
phone from f'ing home!

www.phone.ronpaul2012.com

rp08orbust
02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Also volunteer to make calls at rp2012.org . We're getting thousands of new Ron Paul contacts in WA with robocalls and need people to follow up with them to get them to their caucus. So far, I don't know of any phonebanker who has found a Ron Paul supporter who has already been contacted by the campaign.

tsai3904
02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
We need Facebook ads targeted towards younger supporters. Some can say that the deadline to register to vote is Friday while others can say that the caucus is Saturday at 10 AM and point them to the caucus locator page.

braane
02-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Washington is our Alamo. It's the final stand. We must win in Washington. There can't be any excuses, no talk of delegates afterwards.

The momentum that will be created is necessary. The difference between winning in Washington, and not, could be a few wins on super Tuesday. Talk of a brokered convention, and any real hopes of winning, likely go out the window without it.

It's more than just winning, though. People are tired, some are running on fumes. We need the fuel of victory. Donations have dried up quite a bit, and a win could shore the campaign up there as well.

seawolf
02-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Phone from Home for Washington and Make a Donation to the Final Push for Super Tuesday Money Bomb now over $225,000.00 and rising.

eleganz
02-28-2012, 09:55 PM
WWW.PHONE.RONPAUL2012.COM

THIS IS OUR SECRET WEAPON. WE ARE IDENTIFYING RON PAUL SUPPORTERS AND GETTING THEM TO THE POLLS.

IF WE CAN GET OUR PEOPLE TO THE POLLS, WE DON'T HAVE TO PERSUADE SHIT AND WE WILL WIN BY LANDSLIDE.

LET'S WIN....FOR PRESIDENT PAUL

rp08orbust
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
We need Facebook ads targeted towards younger supporters. Some can say that the deadline to register to vote is Friday while others can say that the caucus is Saturday at 10 AM and point them to the caucus locator page.

It needs to say 9:30am.

RPit
02-28-2012, 09:58 PM
It needs to say 9:30am.

I agree. DON'T TELL ANYONE 10, they must be there before 10am or they wouldn't be let in to vote.

eleganz
02-28-2012, 10:09 PM
we're telling everyone 9am...no if, and, or buts..

rp08orbust
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
we're telling everyone 9am...no if, and, or buts..

I wouldn't tell them 9am either. If they get there that early and no one is there, then when they realize that the caucus starts at 10am, they'll leave and come back, possibly too late.

jemuf
02-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I heard it's a good idea for Ron Paul supporters to try to stay under the radar at their caucus. They shouldn't wear Ron Paul clothes, and should hide bumper stickers, etc because most Ron Paul supporters are the "newbies" at the caucus.

The Republican party is an old, established, private club. We can register with any party in existence, but we made the decision to register with the Republicans..."their way or the highway." If the older members know we're not supporting their candidate then they'll use their knowledge of the rules to exclude us.

Can someone run a Google TV ad (http://www.google.com/ads/tv/). I would but I have no content. The ad should state that Friday is the deadline to register as a Republican, and the caucus is this Saturday at 9:30 a.m. It should also give a link to voter registration info and caucus locations.

Origanalist
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
If there is any state that is crucial win its WA. It will give us the momentum we need for Super Tuesday.

Phone from home: http:/phone.ronpaul2012.com
Grassroots phonebank: rp2012.org (http://rp2012.org)

There are supporters who have gone on the sideline because now they also believe Ron can't win. And this will affect every state and our turnout to get that back AND to get momentum, especially now that Santorum is coming with losses into Super Tuesday if we win WA we have a real shot in some of the other states. If there is ever going to be a surge then that surge must start from WA. It is placed perfectly before Super Tuesday.

So please if you really care about winning then do your part and help WA, that is really where we must focus.

And forget about the polls in WA they can't capture it because we don't have primary this year the poll can only predict what would happen if we had a primary like we usually do, most people don't even know we don't have primary this year and will likely not even caucus. We got 21% in 2008 in the caucus but like 8% in the primary so don't pay attention to the polls. Give it your all to win WA.

When you talk to a supporter tell them:

There is NO PRIMARY, so there is no mailing ballot. The ONLY chance to vote for Ron Paul is to go to the caucus. March 3rd this upcoming Saturday.

Also many are unaware about caucus and they think it happens far away in some centralized location, so some might say they aren't going, LET THEM KNOW caucus is held NEARBY very close in their own communities just a few miles, please LET THEM KNOW THIS. MANY are unaware about caucuses and think they only happen in major cities like Seattle or Olympia they must know that it happens CLOSE to them and tell them its on a Saturday, don't assume they know its a weekend or date. Most don't know anything!!!

To find caucus locations tell them to go here: www.votewa.com
To learn about how caucus works go here: www.votewa.org

If they say they don't have time let them know all they have to do is go, put there name on the sign in sheet and write down Ron Paul on the sign in sheet as presidential preference, they DON'T HAVE TO STAY so its a quick min to vote. This way at least we'll get votes for th straw poll. But encourage them to stay to elect delegates.

Also emphasize they MUST be there BEFORE 10am or they can't vote. Doors open at 9am but CLOSE AT 10am. so tell them try to get there at 9:30am... BEFORE 10am is a MUST.

Please pass on ALL this info to every supporter they must be clear on at least this much, and I'm saying this from my experience phonebanking. People need to know date, time, location and reassured it happens close by and that its their only chance to support Ron Paul and that there is no primary.

goodluck... Lets make this happen folks!!!!!

Good job on the info and encouragement, I will be there.

RPit
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I heard it's a good idea for Ron Paul supporters to try to stay under the radar at their caucus. They shouldn't wear Ron Paul clothes, and should hide bumper stickers, etc because most Ron Paul supporters are the "newbies" at the caucus.

The Republican party is an old, established, private club. We can register with any party in existence, but we made the decision to register with the Republicans..."their way or the highway." If the older members know we're not supporting their candidate then they'll use their knowledge of the rules to exclude us.

Can someone run a Google TV ad (http://www.google.com/ads/tv/). I would but I have no content. The ad should state that Friday is the deadline to register as a Republican, and the caucus is this Saturday at 9:30 a.m. It should also give a link to voter registration info and caucus locations.

NO ONE SHOULD WRITE UNDECIDED for their preference. We have the support to WIN. PLEASE WRITE IN RON PAUL!!! You dont have to wear a badge but PLEASE on the sign in sheet write RON PAUL in the column that asks for presidential preference.

Also MAKE A MOTION THAT THE RESULTS AND VOTES BE COUNTED AND ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY!!!

J_White
02-28-2012, 11:07 PM
focus on Washington ! it might be a make or break moment before Super Tuesday !

Phone from Home !!

Origanalist
02-28-2012, 11:08 PM
"Also MAKE A MOTION THAT THE RESULTS AND VOTES BE COUNTED AND ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY!!! "

Again good advice, please feel free to add any advice you can give as this is my first caucus and I hope to make as much impact as I can. i will be watching this thread in the coming days looking for more tips and suggestions on how I can help.

RPit
02-28-2012, 11:17 PM
"Also MAKE A MOTION THAT THE RESULTS AND VOTES BE COUNTED AND ANNOUNCED PUBLICLY!!! "

Again good advice, please feel free to add any advice you can give as this is my first caucus and I hope to make as much impact as I can. i will be watching this thread in the coming days looking for more tips and suggestions on how I can help.

You should watch the video at: www.votewa.org to learn about caucus. And if you can try to attend a mock caucus find local meetup groups to help you.

surf
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM

i'll be sporting RP gear - but i'm a pco so my caucus will be easy. i'm gonna be handing out RP stickers to however many folks i can get to attend. i hid it last time, this time myself and the majority of my attendees will celebrate it.

but here is the conundrum: the County and district and just about everyone else in the GOP hierarchy have a copy from something called the "Blue Republicans" that seems to properly state the reasons why these voters should support our guy along with how to do the whole caucus thing. I know that they (GOP hierarchy) are determined to "not have democrats" elected as republican delegates. and one method of trying to ensure that this does not happen is selectively give out the precinct caucus packages when available and not just hand the first person the responsibility of running the caucus.

so here's the question: as the straw poll results will be reported i think we should alll list our guy, but will this limit the chances of being selected the precinct chairman if the precinct is vacant? to be honest, i suspect there will be some people running the desks that will be friendly, and many that will be apprehensive and weary (to put it nicely) of us. my advice is to keep it simple if you ask to run your precinct: anyone but Obama, and a love for much smaller government.

some of this runs slightly contrary to what the campaign has been saying, but i do not think anyone was aware of the "blue republicans."

thanks to all that are helping us here. i dropped by the campaign office today and the phone lines were full.

sorry for the long winded response, and anyone with questions can pm me

digitaldean
02-28-2012, 11:44 PM
If you guys need more people to show up you can find people on twitter who talk about Ron Paul in WA:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/ron%20paul%20near%3A%22WA%22%20within%3A100mi

or

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/ron%20paul%20near%3A%22seattle%22%20within%3A100mi

That link has 100's of people who have talked positively about Ron Paul in the last week who are in WA.

Look at the below link for the numbers in 2008:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=WA

If people can tweet some of them and tell them what to do we can win WA.

roversaurus
02-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Washington is VITAL.
Michigan and Arizona went as expected. We have go to go all out for Washington.
The delegates in Washington are not as important as the WIN. We'll get delegates there but we've got to get the WIN.

Call, email, bribe anyone you can to get there and vote.

eleganz
02-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't tell them 9am either. If they get there that early and no one is there, then when they realize that the caucus starts at 10am, they'll leave and come back, possibly too late.

Doors usually open 1 hour before the caucus starts, we need to give them time to go in and register.

I don't know who you're talking to but I understand this is what the campaign is telling caucus'ers to do.

RPit
02-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Lol at bribe. +rep for.passion

rp08orbust
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Doors usually open 1 hour before the caucus starts, we need to give them time to go in and register.

I don't know who you're talking to but I understand this is what the campaign is telling caucus'ers to do.

I'm looking at the winner's campaign website (Mitt Romney), and it's telling their supporters to get their at 9:30am.

RPit
02-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Bump

Origanalist
02-29-2012, 08:47 AM
You should watch the video at: www.votewa.org to learn about caucus. And if you can try to attend a mock caucus find local meetup groups to help you.

Already did immediately after reading your post. Any help on finding local groups would be appreciated. Really, I don't mean to sound entirely clueless, but the extent of my political involvement has been voting. And usually losing.

Okie RP fan
02-29-2012, 08:52 AM

Contact friends and relatives who are or who know someone that is in WA and urge them to get out the vote.

If anyone on the ground in WA has other ways we out of state supporters can help the effort in WA please speak up and let us know

This post, right here, is what everyone wondering what they can do needs to read.

RPit
02-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Already did immediately after reading your post. Any help on finding local groups would be appreciated. Really, I don't mean to sound entirely clueless, but the extent of my political involvement has been voting. And usually losing.

Pm me your address I'll try to find the closest groups and events for you.

tuggy24g
02-29-2012, 09:04 AM

I say we close the forum for two hours tomorrow and Friday. Then have a notice saying something like phone from home... kind of like what craigslist did with the sopa protest.

RPit
02-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I say we close the forum for two hours tomorrow and Friday. Then have a notice saying something like phone from home... kind of like what craigslist did with the sopa protest.

I kind of like the idea. Most people have made it a habit to come here, speculate, find news, look for tubes as if they were addicted. People need to realize how serious this has become. Absolute concentration is needed on the gotv.

Origanalist
02-29-2012, 09:21 AM
I kind of like the idea. Most people have made it a habit to come here, speculate, find news, look for tubes as if they were addicted. People need to realize how serious this has become. Absolute concentration is needed on the gotv.

Hmmmm...........act instead of talk?

Origanalist
02-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Bump, and off to work.

RPit
02-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Bump. Its snowing here, get on the phones you'll probably find people at homes ;)

francisco
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Going on PFH right now.

RonPaul101.com
02-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Also volunteer to make calls at rp2012.org . We're getting thousands of new Ron Paul contacts in WA with robocalls and need people to follow up with them to get them to their caucus. So far, I don't know of any phonebanker who has found a Ron Paul supporter who has already been contacted by the campaign.

THIS. And, donate to rp2012.org now so they can do more robocalls to get more supporters in the pipeline.

RPit
02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Rporbust

Roughly how many have you ID'ed so far?

You are saying the supporters you have identified have not been contacted by campaign? Can you share the script of your robocalls? I want to know what type of info are you gathering.

Why don't you provide those IDs to those campaign we're making like 25000 calls a day, I'm sure well finish your list quickly.

You could submit supporters at waronpaul.com or pm me and I can link you to someone in the phonebank HQ in WA.

waverunner
02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
The help of fellow patriots from OUTSIDE Washington State is desperately needed on caucus day March 3rd. In Washington State, most caucuses are held in pooled locations where in many cases over 200 precincts meet in one location. We have a need for 150 out of state patriots to help keep the caucus counts honest, man tables and be a presence at pooled locations in the Seattle area from 8:30 AM to approx 11:30 AM. The most important things that anyone out of state can do to help Washington right now is:

- Travel in if you can afford it and help at the pooled caucus
- Phone from home
- Contact every RP supporter you know in Washington State and go to www.waronpaul.com and “submit a supporter”

Many caucus goers don’t understand how the caucus process works and have never been to one before. By volunteering you’ll have the chance to keep the process honest, help new caucus goers and be a big part in delivering a WIN for Dr. Ron Paul!

Please contact: thomaspaine4ronpaul@gmail.com

Aratus
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
delegates delegates delegates delegates delegates

RPit
02-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Bump

rp08orbust
02-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Grassroots for Liberty could always use donations for identifying more Ron Paul supporters in Washington with robopolls, following up with volunteers and a call center and reminding via text message. We've identified ~3,700 so far. Unless you think Ron Paul has Washington in the bag (like he had Iowa and Maine in the bag), then more votes are needed.

Right now, Ron Paul supporters are being identified for about $1 each, text messages are $0.03 each, and live calls are about $0.50 each (since we're having to resort to a call center due to lack of volunteers).

rp2012.org

RPit
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Grassroots for Liberty could always use donations for identifying more Ron Paul supporters with robopolls, following up volunteers and a call center and reminding via text message. We've identified ~3,700 so far. Unless you think Ron Paul has Washington in the bag (like he had Iowa and Maine in the bag), then more votes are needed.

rp2012.org

How many of those 3700 weren't contacted by the campaign so far? If there's many, then you should use the help of the campaign to contact them, because we have many callers at the HQ.

rp08orbust
02-29-2012, 05:33 PM
How many of those 3700 weren't contacted by the campaign so far?

I don't know of any already contacted by the campaign, and I ask the volunteers a few times a day.

If there's many, then you should use the help of the campaign to contact them, because we have many callers at the HQ.

I'll suggest to Jun that the PAC consider donating excess phone numbers to the campaign. Do you know anyone within the campaign we can talk to about it? We just want to be sure that the campaign will actually call those phone numbers we give them.

roversaurus
02-29-2012, 05:36 PM
I have apathetic friends in Washington. I might be able to convince them to go and vote for Paul if it doesn't take much time.
(Besides registration and finding the location) what is the MINIMUM they would have to do to give a vote to Paul? They won't want to stick around for an hours worth of party business. But they'll go and write their name down and write Pauls name if they can leave right away.

rp08orbust
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
I have apathetic friends in Washington. I might be able to convince them to go and vote for Paul if it doesn't take much time.
(Besides registration and finding the location) what is the MINIMUM they would have to do to give a vote to Paul? They won't want to stick around for an hours worth of party business. But they'll go and write their name down and write Pauls name if they can leave right away.

Based on what I've read, they could show up at 9:45am, stand in a line to sign in, and as soon as they've signed in with "Ron Paul" next to their name (which has to be finished by 10am), they could leave.

RPit
02-29-2012, 05:44 PM
How many of those 3700 weren't contacted by the campaign so far? If there's many, then you should use the help of the campaign to contact them, because we have many callers at the HQ.

I don't know of any already contacted by the campaign, and I ask the volunteers a few times a day.

II'll get you the person I'll suggest to Jun that the PAC consider donating excess phone numbers to the campaign. Do you know anyone within the campaign we can talk to about it? We just want to be sure that the campaign will actually call those phone numbers we give them.

K I'm pming the email of the person who is head of the whole phonebank system at the HQ.

RPit
02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
I pmed

RPit
02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I just found out he's actually the National Phone from Home Director ;) hopefully something works out between you guys.

rp08orbust
02-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I just found out he's actually the National Phone from Home Director ;) hopefully something works out between you guys.

Really? What happened to Andrew Demers?

I think I may have spoken to the guy you referred me to in the summer about a similar situation for the Ames straw poll.

RPit
02-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I got no idea, I really don't know about the leadership I just concern myself with actually doing the work ;)

parocks
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM

Just like before the Ames Straw Poll, rp08orbust has been able to identify many many people that the official campaign has been unable to identify.

He uses different lists than the campaign does. Different numbers on those lists. Different people, more people. His list skews younger, with fewer registered voters.
Some are on both lists, some are just on the campaigns list, some are just on his list.

Many grassroots activities are pointless or harmful. His activities are helpful.

parocks
02-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Washington is VITAL.
Michigan and Arizona went as expected. We have go to go all out for Washington.
The delegates in Washington are not as important as the WIN. We'll get delegates there but we've got to get the WIN.

Call, email, bribe anyone you can to get there and vote.

Bribing might not be legal. You'll want to keep that a secret if you do that. There might also be a difference, legally, between bribing someone to just vote, and to vote explicitly for Ron Paul. Just be aware of all that.

seawolf
02-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Phone from Home and Donate Now to the Final Push for Super Tuesday Money Bomb!!!! Over $310,000.00 Raised!!!

And besides Today is Carol Paul's Birthday!!! How about a Gift for Carol to the Campaign???

RPit
02-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Well keep me posted if you work out a deal, I'll get more excited then ;)

DanConway
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Phoning from home! GOGOGO!

Origanalist
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Bump

PolicyReader
02-29-2012, 10:36 PM
bump

Natural Citizen
03-01-2012, 04:56 AM
bump