PDA

View Full Version : Can ron paul really win New Hampshire?

Give me liberty
11-13-2007, 10:29 AM
After some thoughts, and since ron paul have been getting the most donations from
that state and in the west coast. Do you think ron paul can really win it?

Just imagine if ron paul wins New Hampshire.

DrNoZone
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Actually, per capita, Paul has been getting the most donations from NH!

Check out the graphs: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/donors.html

Ron LOL
11-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Can he? Of course.

Will he? Only if we all continue to work hard and donate as much as possible.

bolidew
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Yes.

Next Question.

10thAmendmentMan
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Would he win if the primary were today? No. Can he win in a few months after more people start "tuning-in?" Yes.

Grandson of Liberty
11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
After some thoughts, and since ron paul have been getting the most donations from
that state and in the west coast. Do you think ron paul can really win it?

Just imagine if ron paul wins New Hampshire.

Would we all be taking part if we didn't think so?

Of course he can!!!

Sit 100 people who have never heard of him in a room to hear Ron Paul speak for 15 minutes. I dare say over half of them would become Ron Paul voters. It's up to us to make sure everyone has a chance to hear his message. The media won't help to the extent it will other candidates. If we get the message out, he CAN win!!

kylejack
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, he can. Its a state with a history of backing so-called "radical" candidates, and its very fertile ground. If we can't win there, we won't win anywhere else.

Still, its going to be a bumpy ride getting him to a win there.

werdd
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Independents will definately vote Ron Paul... were going to win NH, how far beyond that only time will tell. If we work as hard as we can, theres nothing holding us back.

Furis
11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
YES, He Can Win!!!!

Avalon
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Would he win if the primary were today? No. Can he win in a few months after more people start "tuning-in?" Yes.

I believe the NH primary is still expected on the 8th of january. That's only seven weeks away! We're probably at 7% now in general and have the worst (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/state_toplines/new_hampshire_republican_primary_toplines_november _5_2007) favorability amongst "likely republican voters", with only 16% unsure. We're a LONG way from winning NH but we can do it if people actually get out and change people's minds and get him into the consciousness of the not so likely republican voters.

TheNewYorker
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I believe the NH primary is still expected on the 8th of january. That's only seven weeks away! We're probably at 7% now in general and have the worst (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/state_toplines/new_hampshire_republican_primary_toplines_november _5_2007) favorability amongst "likely republican voters", with only 16% unsure. We're a LONG way from winning NH but we can do it if people actually get out and change people's minds and get him into the consciousness of the not so likely republican voters.

NH is in the bag. RP will win it.

The polls are meaningless. "Likely republican voters" are people who voted republican in the last election, and there wasn't many of them, so these so called "scientific" polls are targeting a very small group of extremely right-wing republicans who actually did vote republican last election.

walt
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, the Illinois campaign isn't running it.

Thom1776
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/HollywoodTom/paultime.jpg

Avalon
11-13-2007, 11:24 AM

The polls are meaningless. "Likely republican voters" are people who voted republican in the last election, and there wasn't many of them, so these so called "scientific" polls are targeting a very small group of extremely right-wing republicans who actually did vote republican last election.

A) That may be true for some of the polls, but it isn't true for all of them.
B) The vast majority of neocons didn't vote in the last primary because a Bush nomination was all but assured.
C) Have you actually tried talking to republican voters? I have. The base watches FOX news. I've opened a lot of people's minds because the media simply keeps them from putting facts together in a rational manner (don't tell them that!). But it usually takes a lot of time and face to face exposure.

jgmaynard
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
A Ron victory in NH is not guaranteed here by any means, but he has a very good base of support. I agree with the head of the NH GOP that Ron will almost certainly show in the top three in NH, and I would say that a victory is very possible with more work.

Don't get your hopes up yet - we made that mistake in 2004 assuming that Craig Benson was going to cruise to an easy re-election here until it was too late.

The bad news: Romney is our real competion in this state and he has a huge war chest.

The good news: Even though Ron's name recognition here is probably higher than other areas, it's still too low. The trick now is to get him known to more people fast. However, the Paul campaign itself is working on that as I speak, today and tomorrow. <bless them>, as the good Doctor does a tour of the little diners and businesses of northern NH (the North Country). This is EXACTLY how NH politics has to be played. Next, hopefully, he will do a town hall/high school gynasium tour of the more populous southern area os the Monadnock region and the seacoast. Anti-war fever is fervent in both of those areas.
:)

JM

Primbs
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Romney will have bus loads of people working for him. Probably in the thousands.

I am sure Ron Paul volunteers will show up to help in New Hampshire. But it will be a competitive slugfest.

Maltheus
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Polls don't matter. What matters are the caucuses. I'm not sure what the process is in NH, but here in Colorado, we're now working to organize the precincts. We figure if we can get 5 or 6 people to show up in each precinct, we can get our precinct leaders in place. If you're still worrying about money and getting the message out, then you're missing the big picture. That'll matter again after we get the nomination, but I believe we have enough to work with to get him nominated. And, quite frankly, anyone who hasn't made up their mind at this point isn't going to show up for the primaries. People just need to commit themselves personally to making that happen, regardless of what a PITA it can be making calls and knocking on doors.

I live in a town, heavy with Bush supporters, but none of them are enthusiastic about any of the candidates. They're not going to be showing up at the caucuses. If we lose this thing because the legions of supporters think that donating is just as good as volunteering, then this country probably deserves Guliani. We definitely have a good shot at winning, but it's not going to be through the media. It'll be through infiltrating the republican party (well, maybe not in NH where dems can vote in prims). EVERY Ron Paul supporter should independently be working to assure that this happens. If each supporter makes it their personal mission, then I'd say our chances are quite good.

SeanEdwards
11-13-2007, 05:00 PM
The poll methodology is fatally flawed, don't believe them. Every time you see a poll, just think of Frank Lutz's fat face jerking you around.

F*CK YOU FRANK!

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Notice the subtle shift in how the media describes Paul. First they ignored him, then they called him "fringe", then a "long shot", and now you're seeing "underdog" and even "dark horse" sometimes. It all means something big is happening, but slowly and under the radar. Nov. 5 confused them and still didn't really convince them, but Dec. 16 will give them just enough time to panic and try to make sense of it all before the inevitable takes place.

Don't put too much faith in dinosaur media.

Jobarra
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Dr. Paul's website says that New Hampshire's primary is Jan 3rd, which makes it the first primary.

Furis
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Dr. Paul's website says that New Hampshire's primary is Jan 3rd, which makes it the first primary.

Iowa is on the third. Im pretty sure NH is on the 5th.

Jobarra
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Iowa is on the third. Im pretty sure NH is on the 5th.
Doh! Yep. Something was screaming in my brain to doublecheck, but I just didn't.

According to ronpaul2008.com, NH's primary is on Jan 22nd. Iowa's primary is on Jan 3rd. And yet, N.H. delegates have been cut in half, but Iowa's haven't :(. I know there were some rules about that, but that still sucks :(

itsnobody
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Can he ? YES
Will he? YES

Why will he win? Simply because a very high percentage of Ron Paul supporters vote...this is why

Furis
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Doh! Yep. Something was screaming in my brain to doublecheck, but I just didn't.

According to ronpaul2008.com, NH's primary is on Jan 22nd. Iowa's primary is on Jan 3rd. And yet, N.H. delegates have been cut in half, but Iowa's haven't :(. I know there were some rules about that, but that still sucks :(

Iowas delegates are unbound is why they havent been cut in half....... I think...... I cant remember.

EDIT>>> Iowas Caucus is on the 3rd

Furis
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Here is the schedule:

http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/primaries/republicanprimaries/index.html

I don't know what it is, but something in that schedule doesn't look right.

werdd
11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Nh will be the first primary, they will wait til the last second to roll back the date just a few days before the next earliest state.

dircha
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM

This sentiment is lunacy.

We will lose if we deny reality and rest on our "laurels", as if we had any to rest on. We don't. The fact is that we are far behind in NH. We have only grown our support in NH by a few percentage points in the past 5 months.

ronpaulitician
11-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes, I do.

In fact, I believe that to have a real shot, Paul needs to win New Hampshire.

dircha
11-13-2007, 06:30 PM
The poll methodology is fatally flawed, don't believe them. Every time you see a poll, just think of Frank Lutz's fat face jerking you around.

F*CK YOU FRANK!

Yes! Let's bury our heads in the sand.

Ron Paul will win if we only just believe in him. Clap your hands if you believe in Ron Paul, folks! Clap! That's all it takes to win this nomination. Screw reality!