PDA

View Full Version : How do you respond to such an idiotic response?

Gravik
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
So I asked the following question in a Republican Candidates facebook group:

SANTORUM Supporters: Do you believe that the United States was attacked because of who we are and what we stand for?

Well, the Santorum supporters believe exactly what Ricky said:

Supporter 1: No they hate us because we are free and they are not...They want to enslave us and install sharia Law...And take the women....Then they want to kill our men....THEY MUST BE STOPED!!!

Supporter 2: we were attacked because the Koran teaching that they must kill the infidels..Jefferson wrote this down in his letters in 1785. Nothing has changed. Which is why Hillary is down playing the GOP candidates to the Arab world, they can't negotiate with the infidels.

I seriously don't even know how to respond to such idiotic responses....

I mean, I told them to go watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udz5_FdoFGU

But Santorum supporters don't like those pesky things called facts.

kathy88
02-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Tell them Kim Kardashian is voting for Ron Paul.

zHorns
02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQviZPyeXk

Here's an extended interview with Michael, lots of good information.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM

lol

mommaliberty
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Here is what I've been posting on my wall:

In-case any of you think we need to go after Iran.. Please read this article. The Iran thing is not about Israel - Israel is their scapegoat to create worldwide chaos to usher in their 12th Imam. Don't play into their hands. I am not anti-Islam or anti-Muslim. But this group - the Hujjatiyyah - that Ahmadinejad is associated with is whacked out! Bombing them will send us into WWIII and is exactly what they are waiting for!!!!!!!

"Understanding the nature of this organization, and the relationship of Aḥmadīnejād to it, is essential in deciphering the intentions behind the regime’s nuclear ambitions. It has seemed almost perplexing to many in the West that Iran seems undeterred by the threat of sanctions or even Israeli strikes. When we consider the similar attitude of Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf War, the concept becomes somewhat clearer. When he rocketed Tel Aviv, Hussein was not merely attempting to reassert his desire to be the new Nasser, some sort of post-modern Arab Nationalist leader, he was also provoking Israel to strike, so that the Arab world might rally against an Israeli-Western coalition.

Just as the secular Hussein sought relief from the Arab nations, the faraj which Aḥmadīnejād seeks is from an enigmatic figure who disappeared 1,200 years ago. The reality that this figure will never come to his aid does not convince nor deter him, and the Ḥujjatiyyah element within the regime, from dragging the world into nuclear war. Thus, the solution to the potential of a nuclear Iran is not as simple as going to war with the regime, nor is it solved by simply ignoring them and hoping the youthful masses are able to successfully dismantle the machine on their own."

http://www.hashlamah.org/hujjatiyyah.php

Intoxiklown
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
I always link them to the freaking letter Bin Laden sent the US back in 1996, and then start pounding them with so many acronyms, I start using ones no one's ever heard of. In other words, "Well, the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, the 9/11 Commission, Mossad, and even Al Queda itself, all say differently." And if they "hate us for our freedoms", then why is it they only seem to want to "attack our freedoms" when we have military in their lands?

As far as Iran, I have been loving the newest IEA report. 100% of material accounted for. Some people will throw up Iran refusing the inspectors access to their military research base, but I counter that with, "What would we do if the UN sent weapon inspectors to the US, and they demanded access to Area 51? We'd tell them to get screwed, as rightly we should. All nations have a right to national security, even the ones we don't like. More so, it is illegal for the UN weapon inspectors to demand access to a top secret base, when they already have full accountability of all materials."

Orgoonian
02-28-2012, 04:52 PM

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss75/LadySandee/HystericallyLaughingmanandboy.gif

MisfitToy
02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Fight shallow with shallow? ;)

Koz
02-28-2012, 05:03 PM

That's about as good as you're gonna get with a chance at swaying them to vote for RP.

Captain Shays
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Ask them if they see any contradiction in Santorum's simultanious positions on being pro life and pro war? If their answer is no then ask them to explain to you the Christian Just War Principles and how Santorum's philosophy on foreign policy comports with them. If their eyes glaze over finish with 'Jesus would vote for Ron Paul".
Ya got nothing to lose anyway. Might as well piss'em off before you leave their miserable company

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Ask them if they see any contradiction in Santorum's simultanious positions on being pro life and pro war? If their answer is no then ask them to explain to you the Christian Just War Principles and how Santorum's philosophy on foreign policy comports with them. If their eyes glaze over finish with 'Jesus would vote for Ron Paul".
Ya got nothing to lose anyway. Might as well piss'em off before you leave their miserable company

+reps

That's what I don't get. Christians are suppose to be following the teachings of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, who taught not to judge lest we be judged by the same measure, to forgive and be compassionate, that vengence belonged to God, and to help heal others.

How do they walk out of church on Sunday rah rahing to go bomb and kill the crap out of people then? :confused:

No one likes to be called a hypocrite, yet, it's worth giving them some food for thought- like planting seeds.

Captain Shays
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
ROFLMAO!!

Intoxiklown
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
+reps

That's what I don't get. Christians are suppose to be following the teachings of Jesus, the Prince of Peace, who taught not to judge lest we be judged by the same measure, to forgive and be compassionate, that vengence belonged to God, and to help heal others.

How do they walk out of church on Sunday rah rahing to go bomb and kill the crap out of people then? :confused:

No one likes to be called a hypocrite, yet, it's worth giving them some food for thought- like planting seeds.

Those people are CHristian RADICALS who preach Biblical prophecy concerning Israel as justification for killing people. I call those people the Al Queda of Christianity.

Gimme Some Truth
02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQviZPyeXk

Here's an extended interview with Michael, lots of good information.

Good video.

On Islamic countries becoming democratic and secularist (or close to it), I'm tempted to think that the only way that such a thing is to happen is if the europeanised/democratised peoples of those lands (european pakistanis et al) were to one day flood their ancestral homes in a similar fashion to the Jewish people when Israel was created. Israel is semi-secularist and democratic, I think, in part because they had spent generations in europe and elsewhere. Obviously I don't call for them to leave the UK or Europe but I think it's the only way these countries would turn to secular democracy in the short to medium term at least.

Captain Shays
02-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Good video.

On Islamic countries becoming democratic and secularist (or close to it), I'm tempted to think that the only way that such a thing is to happen is if the europeanised/democratised peoples of those lands (european pakistanis et al) were to one day flood their ancestral homes in a similar fashion to the Jewish people when Israel was created. Israel is semi-secularist and democratic, I think, in part because they had spent generations in europe and elsewhere. Obviously I don't call for them to leave the UK or Europe but I think it's the only way these countries would turn to secular democracy in the short to medium term at least.

OK what you would need to do then is hand them a copy you've made of this video along with the map of our 45 military bases surrounding Iran with little ships indicating our nuclear subs off their coast along with the three aircraft carrier battle groups as they try to tell you with baby hands rubbing their baby eyes "Iran is such a great threat to us".

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Those people are CHristian RADICALS who preach Biblical prophecy concerning Israel as justification for killing people. I call those people the Al Queda of Christianity.

I would call it any pro war Christian. Where are the teachings of Jesus to justify attacking anyone with bombs and guns for any reason?

The closest he ever came to a destructive act in my knowledge was flipping the tables of money changers for doing it in a house of God.

As far as I am concerned , the world is chock full of fake Christians who call themselves such, yet do not follow his teachings.

On a side note, if the people you describe are all lining up behind Sanntorum, then Santorum is becoming a new leader of a radical extremist hate group here in the U.S.

I don't beleive the Constitution allows for the U.S. to wage Holy wars. Maybe ask these people how they can use tax payer money to send our Military off to fight a war that is not defending and protecting the Consititution, but rather some ficticious religious war?

I have had these debates with the hard head fear filed haters and get nowhere. I do not know "how to respond to idiots" with reason as the poster asked, and get positive results.

My vote is for telling them the Kardashians support Paul.

Intoxiklown
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
I would call it any pro war Christian. Where are the teachings of Jesus to justify attacking anyone with bombs and guns for any reason?

The closest he ever came to a destructive act in my knowledge was flipping the tables of money changers for doing it in a house of God.

As far as I am concerned , the world is chock full of fake Christians who call themselves such, yet do not follow his teachings.

On a side note, if the people you describe are all lining up behind Sanntorum, then Santorum is becoming a new leader of a radical extremist hate group here in the U.S.

I don't beleive the Constitution allows for the U.S. to wage Holy wars. Maybe ask these people how they can use tax payer money to send our Military off to fight a war that is not defending and protecting the Consititution, but rather some ficticious religious war?

I have had these debates with the hard head fear filed haters and get nowhere. I do not know "how to respond to idiots" with reason as the poster asked, and get positive results.

My vote is for telling them the Kardashians support Paul.

I don't debate with those people, to be honest. There is no sense. I would have as much hope of changing their minds as I would talking Bin Laden into joining the Dallas cheerleaders. As far as they are concerned, the Bible saying that God's blessings will fall onto all nations that stands with Israel takes precedence over everything else. I simply make it a point to compare them to the same radical jihadists they've been blasting for "killing people over something a religious leader told them", and make sure the SANE posters on those forums understand that these people are bat shit insane, which usually makes people ignore them after that.