PDA

View Full Version : Low Michigan turnout blamed on little interest, ballot confusion

Agorism
02-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Low Michigan turnout blamed on little interest, ballot confusion

http://www.freep.com/article/20120228/NEWS15/120228029/Low-voter-turnout-far-Michigan-blamed-little-interest-primary-ballot-confusion?odyssey=mod

Low turnout=Romney win

She did say that she'd seen very little evidence of Democratic voters choosing to crossover into the Republican primary. Some of the Santorum-backed robocalls aimed at turning out Democrats for Santorum were reported in the area. Davis, a Democrat, said she received a couple herself.

Davis said she hadn't voted yet, but was disinclined to make mischief.

PPP tweeted today that Pope Ricky will need at least some dems in order to close the gap to Romney.

PublicPolicyPolling ‏ @ppppolls Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
My guess is that Santorum needs about 20,000 Democrats to vote for him as a joke to win in Michigan

alucard13mmfmj
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
so polls close in about 5 hours?

PolicyReader
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Does anyone have information on which precincts have/haven't reported yet and what regions the voter turnout is lowest?
Because those factors can make a rather large difference as well.

Google has this map (http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results) but they only report results not exit polling so they're not showing anything yet.

sailingaway
02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Low Michigan turnout blamed on little interest, ballot confusion

http://www.freep.com/article/20120228/NEWS15/120228029/Low-voter-turnout-far-Michigan-blamed-little-interest-primary-ballot-confusion?odyssey=mod

Low turnout=Romney win

PPP tweeted today that Pope Ricky will need at least some dems in order to close the gap to Romney.

gee, PPP wasn't egging them on or anything, were they? :rolleyes:

Other papers have said there WAS evidence of Dem crossover but it was anecdotal.

TheGrinch
02-28-2012, 02:22 PM

Other papers have said there WAS evidence of Dem crossover but it was anecdotal.
I just don't see that many Democrats are that excited about Obama, or view Romney as a real threat (or even Ron the way the media's covered him) to mobilize them to underhandedly vote for the guy who embodies most of what they hate about they Republican party.

I know it's probably naive to think none will, but I just don't see a robocall from Santorum really influencing many to fudge up the process.

specsaregood
02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm gonna start sacrificing small furry mammals while asking for a win or at least the minimum for delegates.

D.A.S.
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Boy all this sounds like Romney's gonna have a big night tonight... Buckle up :-P

Monk
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
It can also mean we can win some district delegates tonight

Agorism
02-28-2012, 02:50 PM
drudge just posted this article hehe

speciallyblend
02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
if they are suggesting low voter turnout. This could be positive news for our voters! lets hope for the best!! delegates are all that matter.

Evangelical_Protestant
02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I hope Paul wins this election, but I'm still happy that I know for a fact that all of these people that hear the message of truth cannot un-hear this message. The support just grows more and more, people are gained but few are lost. People have to keep on their toes though to defeat this corruption that we are facing today however, because just as the TEA party was used as rocket fuel for the establishment, so too can Paul's message [which was the original TEA party's message].

I was listening to Hannity on my way home from work [I was just gathering intel on the enemy so don't get upset.] And he went on for a little bit about how "truth" in the Republican party is prevailing. His mentions of these truths sounded remarkably like Paul's message of liberty and freedom, only he didn't credit Paul, he credited people like Romney, Nikki Haley, Sarah Palin, and a few other neo-cons who somehow get support from the "TEA party". Then I forgot exactly what he said about Paul, but he said "...and Ron Paul, who for some reason refuses to talk to us anymore or return our phone calls." My point is, they are already stealing Paul's platform minus the foreign policy, but then they always just do the same old things once elected.

You people already know this, so I'll just shut up. But I'm still stunned after six months of being aware of these facts, so please ignore and go on about your business and continue to support Ron Paul. Later

Keith and stuff
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
if they are suggesting low voter turnout. This could be positive news for our voters! lets hope for the best!! delegates are all that matter.

I agree. The lower the turnout, the better it is for Ron Paul. The higher the turnout, the worse it is for Ron Paul. While Ron Paul has less supporters than the other candidates, they are more dedicated.

tuggy24g
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
GOTV and I do not care how are Ron Paul supporters do it!

speciallyblend
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
I hope Paul wins this election, but I'm still happy that I know for a fact that all of these people that hear the message of truth cannot un-hear this message. The support just grows more and more, people are gained but few are lost. People have to keep on their toes though to defeat this corruption that we are facing today however, because just as the TEA party was used as rocket fuel for the establishment, so too can Paul's message [which was the original TEA party's message].

I was listening to Hannity on my way home from work [I was just gathering intel on the enemy so don't get upset.] And he went on for a little bit about how "truth" in the Republican party is prevailing. His mentions of these truths sounded remarkably like Paul's message of liberty and freedom, only he didn't credit Paul, he credited people like Romney, Nikki Haley, Sarah Palin, and a few other neo-cons who somehow get support from the "TEA party". Then I forgot exactly what he said about Paul, but he said "...and Ron Paul, who for some reason refuses to talk to us anymore or return our phone calls." My point is, they are already stealing Paul's platform minus the foreign policy, but then they always just do the same old things once elected.

You people already know this, so I'll just shut up. But I'm still stunned after six months of being aware of these facts, so please ignore and go on about your business and continue to support Ron Paul. Later

epic post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Danan
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I agree. The lower the turnout, the better it is for Ron Paul. The higher the turnout, the worse it is for Ron Paul. While Ron Paul has less supporters than the other candidates, they are more dedicated.

I fear that this is a missconception.

There were predictions that bad weather could ensure a Ron Paul victory a few times - yet it harmed Ron more than it helped.

Also the Nevade Caucaus time schedule seemed to be a little inconvenient for Ron's "die hard supporters".

But I hope I'm wrong!

Cap
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
GOTV and I do not care how are Ron Paul supporters do it!I've been pimpin Ron all day long.

CTRattlesnake
02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Also the Nevade Caucaus time schedule seemed to be a little inconvenient for Ron's "die hard supporters".

9 AM on a Saturday is not good for anyone besides the elderly.....what do you expect?

This is an all day primary, so time is not an issue

Danan
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
9 AM on a Saturday is not good for anyone besides the elderly.....what do you expect?

Yeah that's an awful time. But that shouldn't be an excuse for anyone not to vote for Ron Paul! ;)

However, I really hope you're right!

WD-NY
02-28-2012, 04:17 PM

PPP = pure propaganda.

Every single poll they release has an agenda. And that agenda is to keep Romney down by pushing #AnyoneButPaul up.

PolicyReader
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
GOTV and I do not care how are Ron Paul supporters do it!

Speaking of Get out the Vote efforts, those of us not in an election state today can help too

Donate to the Current Moneybomb (https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/)
Phone From Home ("http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/faq.php)
Contact anyone you know with ties to MI and urge them to help Get out the Vote :D

lets make some waves!

jr4693
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/AZ/36496/71726/en/summary.html
http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election/results/12PPR/COUNTYVT.html
Let's see what they really post!

No Free Beer
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
hahahaha

this must be hard:

() Ron Paul

() Mitt Romney