PDA

View Full Version : Media Propaganda - Forest Fires Are Important

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure if this video will show up, because YouTube flagged it and it's currently in their "review" process so hopefully the flag gets removed. The beginning is a clip from the series Prison Break that I thought spoke a lot of truth as to what is reported (and probably why), followed up with some RP media technical difficulties from my older popular video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hol6zAf9hOQ

Here's a "newer" shorter version, right under 4 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NkROh0ni4&feature=youtu.be

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Well, that was a provocative piece. :)

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Well, that was a provocative piece. :)

Good way, bad way? I'm just glad it actually played, after it was flagged I wasn't sure anybody would be able to see it!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I posted the smiley because I meant it in a good way. :)

I may have ended it with one further provocation to ask the viewer to find out what it is the media is trying to keep people from hearing when they cut to technical difficulties.

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I posted the smiley because I meant it in a good way. :)

I may have ended it with one further provocation to ask the viewer to find out what it is the media is trying to keep people from hearing when they cut to technical difficulties.

So, before the technical difficulties clips, have another question? (I had one but removed it...and didn't think of another one that flowed well at the time) Or, another spot for a question?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe add a few more pressing issues that need coverage- like the Fed audit and the trillons givin away to banks unaccounted for, and make the question be, would you rather see more coverage on this stuff or forest fires? Maybe ask, Does the media think you are to dumb to understand the corruption within the fed, and would be better entertained by Fire. Then show a picture of a cave man sitting by one. lol

Okay, stop me now. lol

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Maybe add a few more pressing issues that need coverage- like the Fed audit and the trillons givin away to banks unaccounted for, and make the question be, would you rather see more coverage on this stuff or forest fires? Maybe ask, Does the media think you are to dumb to understand the corruption within the fed, and would be better entertained by Fire. Then show a picture of a cave man sitting by one. lol

Okay, stop me now. lol

LOL! Love the cave man idea, that's hilarious...perhaps with Bill O'Reilly's face cropped on it, since he and Fox have done a marvelous job at keeping the "conservatives" ignorant.

luctor-et-emergo
02-28-2012, 11:00 AM
The graph somewhere near the end... Comparing media coverage...
It isn't the right graphic as it shows Santorum at about the same level of coverage.. This is from way back when...

I think the beginning was ok, it really pulled you into it, I myself am not a prison break fan, I do not even own a TV set, however I think this was a good pick.

Then at the 'media mistakes';

I'd take out;
-Debate walking onto the stage
-Dana bash that gets cut off

Maybe add a little segment somewhere near the very end, with some big crowds going wild over Dr. Paul.. Gotta get those minds wondering... If it's just some media mistakes, ok, but if they see the huge crowds...?

I'd also cut the 2nd time the old 'CIA' interview comes by, and roll the whole clip in the first instance.

Some parts (like the first 1/3rd) flow really well, the last 1/3rd is a little messy imho. But overall very nice and provocative....

PS: rather delete stuff, then add more..... Cut it, chop it up, cook something of it, but 15 minute documentary ads don't work... (imho)

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
The liberal media is just as guilty of keeping people in the dark and dumbed down. I would keep the medias role generic. Maybe have a thought bubble over the cave man saying , "ooooh look at the pretty fire"

I think such things help to wake the sleeping the masses up. Such subtle insults are like a cold water bucket to the face. lol

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
The graph somewhere near the end... Comparing media coverage...
It isn't the right graphic as it shows Santorum at about the same level of coverage.. This is from way back when...

Yes it was from October I believe, but I haven't seen an updated graph since then, and even back then I think it shows that Santorum who was a NOBODY of a candidate was getting more coverage than RP...which is why I included it in the original video (if there's an updated graph that would be nice).

I think the beginning was ok, it really pulled you into it, I myself am not a prison break fan, I do not even own a TV set, however I think this was a good pick.

Yea, my wife and I have tvs, but no CABLE...just Netflix. We don't even have "rabbit ears", so we just watch DVDs or movies/shows via Netflix.

Then at the 'media mistakes';

I'd take out;
-Debate walking onto the stage
-Dana bash that gets cut off

The debate stage blackout probably wouldn't be recognized by most people, so I can understand removing that one. Why the Dana Bash clip though? The only reason I ask is because she was talking about RP and his efforts/organization in Iowa.

Maybe add a little segment somewhere near the very end, with some big crowds going wild over Dr. Paul.. Gotta get those minds wondering... If it's just some media mistakes, ok, but if they see the huge crowds...?
Will look for some clips, and see how they flow.

I'd also cut the 2nd time the old 'CIA' interview comes by, and roll the whole clip in the first instance.

Some parts (like the first 1/3rd) flow really well, the last 1/3rd is a little messy imho. But overall very nice and provocative....

PS: rather delete stuff, then add more..... Cut it, chop it up, cook something of it, but 15 minute documentary ads don't work... (imho)

When the video starts at the CIA part, that is a video I put together about 2 weeks ago. It started with the CIA part, then ended with it...kind of like dangling a carrot before a horse, to get the people interested then I ended it with the full clip. You can see the "original" video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyixR66CQMw

I agree that long videos are very difficult to get people to watch, which is why I prefer short 1-3 minute videos at most, but I know some don't mind the longer versions.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'll continue working/cooking it, and see what I can come up with.

affa
02-28-2012, 12:41 PM
dug it. i think you can start the prison break scene at about the :22 mark and still get the jist of it, might get it into action faster. then cut maybe one wildfire story, the point is made. but i enjoyed it as is.

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 06:40 PM

Okay, stop me now. lol

So, I had heard/read that O'Reilly admitted one night to somebody on his program he didn't understand the Fed stuff much...and I looked for that clip, but couldn't find it earlier.
As for the cave man with the fire, I gotta find a good image, and one that would hopefully be good to use (any RPFers artist that want to sketch on up real fast?!).

I'm trimming up some spots now and have it under 4 minutes now, but that's without any cave man image.

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 08:08 PM
dug it. i think you can start the prison break scene at about the :22 mark and still get the jist of it, might get it into action faster. then cut maybe one wildfire story, the point is made. but i enjoyed it as is.

Thanks for the feedback! I did edit it down to that point, and removed one of the fire clips to get it just under 4 minutes right now.

J_White
02-28-2012, 08:57 PM
nice

coffeewithchess
02-28-2012, 09:20 PM
nice

Thanks, and I found a great cave man image...with fire. Now gotta figure out the best spot for it.

coffeewithchess
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Here's the latest version...any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NkROh0ni4&feature=youtu.be

coffeewithchess
02-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Any thoughts, feedback, changes to the newer version?

coffeewithchess
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
bump for the earlier afternoon readers

mosquitobite
03-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I like it, but the caveman clip at the end isn't really clear (it is within this thread but may be lost on others)

One thing I do remember about the "wild fire" thing is that Rick Perry wasn't in DeMint's panel discussion because he had to go back to TX to "fight wild fires". Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to add that. Given how much funding Perry pulled in, I'd say that was part of the typical MO.

Love the Prison Break clip at the beginning!! :)

coffeewithchess
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I like it, but the caveman clip at the end isn't really clear (it is within this thread but may be lost on others)

One thing I do remember about the "wild fire" thing is that Rick Perry wasn't in DeMint's panel discussion because he had to go back to TX to "fight wild fires". Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to add that. Given how much funding Perry pulled in, I'd say that was part of the typical MO.

Love the Prison Break clip at the beginning!! :)

I do remember the Rick Perry trip back to Texas, or discussion about it during the primary...
Any thoughts on improving it/making changes?