PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 Democracy Illusion Tour

madwool
02-27-2012, 06:59 PM
For the better part of my adult life, I have made a concerted effort to avoid participation in the ritual and right that is our Electoral Process. And yes, beyond what may appear to be high-minded reasoning, I have also been as apathetic and lazy as the next person. But there is a rationale, if not an excuse, for my lax citizenship.

At the beginning of junior high school, I tested at above normal intelligence, but was never more than an average student — at best.

I must give myself credit though for questioning, one day in 9th grade civics class, my teacher’s proclamation that The President of The United States was “the most powerful man in the free world”. That was the first time that I remember hearing this statement and it continues to strike me as odd to this day.

To say nothing of presumptuous.

Yes, the American Presidency holds enormous power, but how can a man that is elected to this office for, at most eight years, wield that much influence over a bureaucratic monolith that is entrenched long before and long after that president leaves office– much less the “free world”?

Of course, my thinking was not fully formed at that age, but common sense told me that any man who can rise that far in a position of elected leadership, cannot avoid being dependent, and more importantly, beholden to many unseen and unacknowledged influences– even if my 9th grade Civics textbook failed to mention it and my teacher refused to even talk about it. (For the record, a repugnant little Brooks Brother suit-wearing preppy wanna-be by the name of ‘Mister Henry’ at Emerson Junior High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado).

Are you out there, MISTER Henry!?

After Henry’s sarcastic dismissal of my question, I countered with an equally snide (and I’m sure, sophomoric) comeback of my own. I spent the remainder of Civics hour sitting cross-legged at the foot of the little fascist’s desk as punishment for my naïve insolence. I quit trying very hard after that.

Yes, teachers DO make a difference.

I grew to despise authoritarianism in all of its forms, no matter how well intentioned it might present itself. Needless to say, this attitude proved troublesome for me over the next decade or two– especially as the son of a policeman.

Paired with this natural mistrust of institutional power, I grew more aware of the darker motivations that exist within the human psyche. By the early eighties I acquired a casual interest in secular and religious history with an emphasis on prophecy and its relationship to politics and popular culture. In that pre-Internet age, information was much harder to come by, but readily available if one’s curiosity was strong enough to pursue it, and I did so when the notion struck me.

Once my eyes were fully opened to the reasons that things were not always as they seemed, it was not that hard to see what motivated people in their quest for wealth and control. Slowly, I became more and more aware of how the mass media shaped the important events of the day to serve, not the greater good, but the interests of the moneyed elite who pay them and pull their strings. For them I reserve a special hate.

In the last ten or fifteen years, my interest in this subject has increased exponentially, my apathy– gone for good.

I like to imagine that there are others who have taken a similar path.

It will become apparent to anyone who cares to look honestly and objectively at our political system that Ron Paul is a complete political anomaly, an exceptional leader and an exceptional man. He is the antithesis of everything that is wrong with Washington. He ‘walks the walk’; his voting record proves this out. Moreover, he’s the only presidential candidate who seems to have a realistic grasp of the situation and the will to do something about it.

What may seem to the purveyors of conventional wisdom to be a radical political and social worldview is more attuned to what our Founders imagined this country to be, and not that far from what American conservatism used to be a century ago. It is also, I suspect, what a good portion of this country believes.

Good ideas do not become extinct with political fashion and the passage of time.

I don’t care what “Justice” Ruth Bader Ginsberg or The New York Times says.

For that reason and because our country as we know and love it is on the brink of extinction, I have decided to cast my vote for Ron Paul and do my part to convince that sleeping herd of sheep known as the American Voting Public to do the same.

This is uncharted territory for me.

And so it was to be that when Ron Paul announced a campaign whistle stop in Colorado Springs one week before the February 7th State Caucus, I decided to have a look for myself.

I asked Brian, a friend of mine that had been involved in local party politics, to accompany me to the Ron Paul rally on Tuesday, January 31. He was not a committed Paul-ite, but being a Constitutionalist, he had a healthy interest in finding out more about the man and his message.

We arranged to meet at a local Denny’s and drive out together to an aircraft hangar at the old Colorado Springs Airport where the rally was being held. As it turned out, we got our signals crossed and Brian ended up going on ahead of me. I arrived about ten minutes before the 2:45pm start time to find a queue of seventy-five or more people standing outside the hangar. Maybe half that number of late arrivals quickly lined up behind me. I would estimate that half of the people in the final group of five to six hundred were under thirty-five years old.

There was no apparent screening process to enter the building, though campaign officials did ask that people sign up for the Ron Paul mailing list.

Finding Brian proved easy enough because he was, to my surprise, holding up a 36” wide by 30” tall, hand-lettered sign that read:

“RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION”.

No one seemed to mind when we stepped atop a two-foot high platform that was reserved for the local print and electronic media. (There weren’t a lot of ‘official’ types scurrying around trying to ‘manage’ things and no law enforcement present from what I could tell.)

The riser was a bit crowded and Brian wasn’t comfortable holding up his sign on the edge of this somewhat confined, elevated space, so he decided to move to the floor with the main crowd. I stayed on at the back of the platform for the duration of the event. No one seemed to mind and I stayed out of the way as the media folks did their job in front of me.

A short time later, a campaign official asked from the podium that people refrain from holding up their signs while the Congressman was speaking, to avoid blocking the view of those at the back. I looked around and noticed that Brian had moved to the far left of the stage and behind the crowd to comply with this request. He told me later that he didn’t feel that this announcement had been directed at him in particular, as there was others present with even bigger signs than his. In fact, homemade signs seemed to be the norm at this event.

The campaign official did not come across as overly officious or demanding, he simply made a reasonable request and people gladly complied.

One of the news station videographers, who I was standing directly behind, found Brian holding the sign aloft in his viewfinder and focused on him for about twenty seconds. I noticed his station affiliate and made a mental note to catch their nightly newscast.

(I didn’t see any video coverage of the Paul rally on that particular channel later that night, nor do I recall more than a cursory mention of it during the entire newscast. I don’t know to what extent the other local news outfits covered the event.)All in all, it was an exciting, positive and well-run event. Paul did strike a particular chord with me when he spoke on the dangers of American Exceptionalism. (This harkens back to my old pet peeve of the President of The United States as “the most powerful man in the free world”.)

I was also acutely aware that at no time was Ron Paul pandering or playing to the crowd’s emotions with the usual patriotic clichés and manufactured political rally enthusiasm. He was sincere, consistent and resolute in his message and mission.

Aside from a somewhat creepy Pat Buchanan function in 2000, (elements of the crowd, mostly) this was my first live campaign event and I was already spoiled in assuming that all election rallies were this free and open.

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

After the Paul event, I had no interest in attending the other Republican contenders’ activities that were planned for Colorado Springs. Brian, however, called me up and asked if I wanted to meet him at the Rick Santorum rally planned for 7:00pm the following evening at a local school gym. My initial reaction was “Hell No!” but in an effort to return Brian’s earlier favor I said: “Okay, but I’m gonna wear my Ron Paul sticker!”

Brian, who had been sympathetic to Santorum’s message, was re-considering his opinion after I told him of his tough-talking Christian brother’s ‘Bomb Iran’ vow of a few weeks earlier. He was skeptical that Santorum would advocate such a move, and wanted to hear it from the man’s own lips.

The event ended up being moved at the last minute to a larger venue, due to the seemingly last minute groundswell of interest and enthusiasm from the local evangelical types (of which Colorado Springs has more than its fair share). At least this is what we surmised. The start time had been pushed back about fifteen minutes to accommodate those of us who were late finding out about the change of venue.

I arrived at the Santorum event to find a substantial crowd, probably twice the size of the Ron Paul rally of the day before. I consoled myself with the knowledge that the Paul campaign held their rally in the middle of a workday, whereas the Santorum campaign held their event after business hours; thus allowing more working people the opportunity to attend.

Shortly after entering the building, I came upon a kindly old woman handing out Ron Paul literature just outside the main meeting hall. She must have thought I was nuts as I blindly pointed to the area of my jacket where the Ron Paul sticker used to reside (unbeknownst to me, it had fallen off sometime between the time I left my house and my arrival at the rally). She looked at me kind of funny but I didn’t give it much thought as I grabbed one of her handouts and went to look for my friend in the crowded hall.

It was standing room only and I quickly found Brian holding up his “RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION” sign, a few minutes later positioned toward the front of the auditorium and against the wall with the other late arrivals. The first words out of his mouth were: “Where’s your Ron Paul sticker?”

This was quickly forgotten when five seconds later an attractive, middle-aged, Type-A personality woman dressed in an impeccable looking business suit, who we assumed was with the Santorum campaign, came up to Brian and asked if he “Intended to disrupt the rally”. He politely informed her that “No”, he wasn’t there to disrupt anything.

“Do you support Ron Paul?” Business Suit Lady asked in a slightly suspicious tone. Brian informed her, again, politely, “No, I do not support Ron Paul.” Not satisfied with this, she asked curtly, “Well, do you support Rick Santorum?” “No”, Brian responded, tiring of the cross-examination. “Well, WHO DO you support?” she demanded, “I’m presently undecided” Brian grinned, “but Greg here supports Ron Paul!” pointing in my direction as he threw me under the bus.

Business Suit Lady stared at us for a moment before breaking into a sweet, condescending smile. Satisfied that she had intimidated us sufficiently, she patted me on the shoulder as if to say “You poor silly child!” and walked away.

We stood there for a moment with our mouths hanging open before Brian suddenly recalled where he had seen the woman.

Apparently she had been a campaign staffer for Congressman Doug Lamborn when Brian had run against him as a third-party candidate a few years back. Brian had been a vocal opponent of this business-as-usual Republican Party reptile and he assumed that she remembered him from that campaign.

Five minutes later, the sweet little old lady who had been passing out Ron Paul literature in the front of the building, had made her way from the back of the hall to ask Brian if he would like a Ron Paul leaflet. (I thought, vainly at first, that she wanted to talk to me after our earlier encounter.) I asked her why she came over to us specifically from across a crowded, three hundred foot long auditorium. “I saw this man’s sign!” she said warmly, “I thought he might be a fan of Dr. Paul!”

It then dawned on Brian that Business Suit Lady simply didn’t like the idea of someone holding up a large” RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION” sign at HER rally; certainly a disruptive, and even radical message in this day and age.

We realized later that Brian was the only person in the hall without a Santorum issued sign, amidst a crowd of well over a thousand people. He just HAD to be one of those wacked-out Ron Paul lovers who think too much and bring up awkward subjects. Like for instance, the Senator’s inconsistent and ever-changing views on his beloved Catholic Church.

The first “warm-up act”, a non-descript campaign-type, finally took the stage and announced that there would be a change in the usual program. After a short stump speech from Santorum, Focus On The Family’s Dr. James Dobson, (Colorado Spring’s top ranking evangelical and all around heavenly-heavyweight) would be joining the festivities to “interview Rick”.

After Dobson lead the “congregation” in a quick prayer, he proceeded to spend the next half hour lobbing softballs at “Rick” who took this as an opportunity to tug on the audiences heartstrings about his various family tragedies and travails.

Not that I don’t feel for the man and his developmentally disabled daughter, but that is not what I came to hear from a candidate who should have been spending the public’s time explaining what he is going to do to lead our country out of this hell that we have made for ourselves.

We were entertained, however, with the many and varied reasons of why Mitt Romney ‘could not possibly fix our country’, a fact already painfully obvious to me but apparently something that the Santorum drones needed to hear yet again – you know, to feel righteous and reassured that God’s Candidate had the situation well in hand.

The only substantive part of the evening, for my purposes, was when Santorum gave a fair breakdown on the origins and deficiencies of Obama Care (that of course being Romney Care).

He never got around to bombing Iran.

So it was attack politics at its finest, complete with heart-wrenching family tragedies, old-time religion and little rampant campaign staffer paranoia thrown in for good measure (“Fear and Loathing” as The Good Doctor from Woody Creek, Hunter S. Thompson, so aptly phrased it).

It was far worse than I could have ever imagined, but in the end, I was glad that I was there to see it with my own eyes.

We didn’t realize it then, but an ugly pattern was starting to emerge.

By this time, and despite my disdain for the NON-Paul presidential candidates, I was curious to see how the rest of the Southern Colorado leg of the 2012 Democracy Illusion Tour played itself out.

In for a penny, in for a pound!

On the following Saturday, February 4, Brian and I showed up about ten minutes before the Mitt Romney event was scheduled to begin at 2:45pm. Coincidentally, the rally was being held at a private business not far from the airport hangar where Ron Paul had appeared five days before.

My first impression was one of pleasant surprise as the venue, Springs Fabrication, was just that, a seemingly thriving steel manufacturing company that was responsible for some very impressive local projects. I guess I was a little relieved to see with my own eyes that something was still being manufactured in this country, and in a town that’s not exactly known for this sort of industry.

It didn’t take long for the harassment to start. As we were waiting in line, a campaign volunteer-looking type walked up and informed Brian that he wouldn’t be able to bring his homemade sign into the event (which by now, Brian had modified to read: “RESTORE THE MY CONSTITUTION"). At this point, he was getting wise to the drill and lied to the man that he had called ahead and secured permission to bring the sign in. The guy shrugged and said “Okay, whatever, you’ll have to deal with them at the door.”

When we were about thirty feet from the entrance, an officious little campaign staffer in a camel hair sport coat strutted up and good-naturedly but firmly notified us that we would not be able to enter the building with THE SIGN.

Brian went with the same lie that got us past the previous campaign minion: “It’s okay, I called ahead and checked” he reassured him. Camel Hair Sport Coat wasn’t buying it (he was obviously a SOMEBODY in the Romney Machine). Still smiling, he informed Brian that he could park his sign against the exterior wall of the building where it “Would be safe there”.

Brian was not going to go quietly into the night this time and reassured Camel Hair Sport Coat that “It’ll be all right, I’ll stay toward the back of the crowd with it.”

Camel Hair Sport Coat stood firm; informing Brian that it was against Secret Service rules for people to bring “personal signs” into the event. Brian asked to speak to the Secret Service person who had instigated that rule.

This request put a dent in Camel Hair Sport Coat’s fake civility. With that strained condescending tone that I recognized from Business Suit Lady, he exclaimed authoritatively: “the Secret Service is too busy protecting the candidate to talk to you! You CANNOT enter the hall with that sign!!”

Brian knew when to fold ‘em. He handed the sign to Camel Hair Sport Coat who slid it out of site behind a row of wire-framed ROMNEY yard signs that the campaign had ready to hand out to the Romney Gullibles as they left the rally.

We entered the building and paused to put our Ron Paul lapel stickers on before finding our places in the audience. Brian, it seemed, was starting to gravitate closer to the Paul Principle that I had actively been pushing.

The place was filled almost to capacity, about three quarters of what the Santorum rally totaled. Brian wandered off to find a good vantage point and I decided that, being somewhat tall, I could stand behind the five-foot media riser and get a pretty decent view of the festivities.

(I sensed that if I tried standing on the media platform, as I had at the Ron Paul rally, I would have been wrestled to the ground by assorted badge and necktie wearing Romney campaign goons.)

The spot gave me a pretty good eye-line to the stage, albeit between the legs of one of the hairdos news anchors and his cameraman from the local network news.

While waiting for the show to start, I noticed an attractive, smartly dressed female hairdoTV reporter sitting on the platform. Throughout the entire forty-five minute-long event, she never once looked up from her phone except to shoot a picture of the empty stage after the show was over (?). I guess she was too busy texting IMPORTANT JOURNALISM from her phone to bother looking up.

As usual there were warm-up acts, in this case a heavy-set local pastor in a beautiful white T.D. Jakes-style business suit and a booming voice that made James Earl Jones sound like Rosanne Barr. So impressed was he with his oratory skills, that he managed to stretch a two minute message into a five or six minute opportunity to revel in the sound and glory of his own voice, with verbal stalling tactics like “Before I bid you adieu…” and “My time is growing short…” followed by more flowery, long-winded bullsh*t devised to extend his face-time with the seemingly captivated crowd.

When he finally exited the stage, another psyched-up MC-type bounded onto the stage and declared to enthusiastic applause: “Thanks Pastor [whoever]. Hey, folks, wouldn’t ya love to have that voice? Heh, heh!”

It reeked of some third-rate, alternate-dimension lounge act from Hell. And like most third-rate lounge acts (Think Wayne Newton at his soppy worst or better yet– SCTV’s Bobby Bittman) the mood suddenly went maudlin solemn, not for phony showbiz sentiment, but for the reciting of The Pledge Of Allegiance.

Now before I‘m dragged out of my housed and stoned, please know that I am all for The Pledge Of Allegiance. My problem with it, in this case, is the use of it as political theater — which is exactly how it came across to me.

At this point I was regretting not catching this spectacle on my camera phone, so I decided to record the rest of the show. Unfortunately, Mitt– being Mitt, put on his usual “Golly Gee Whiz, I Just Love America’” act and proceeded to turn me off (and hopefully others) with his heroic tale of saving the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics — nothing we hadn’t already heard before — ad nauseam/infinitum.

That’s 24 minutes and 16 seconds worth of cell phone battery time that I’ll never get back.

It is almost unbelievable to me that a guy with those looks and that much natural enthusiasm can induce comas on the scale that he does– and in a country so desperately seeking hope and optimism.

Mitt Romney– “Sanitized, For Your Protection”

Maybe it’s because he’s a cardboard cut-out of a politician who represents the same false, empty rhetoric-spewing nonsense-driven Republicrat paradigm that we’ve been stagnating in for decade after decade of special interest, greed driven corporate/bankster domination.

But no…“Mitt” wouldn’t possibly betray us once he got into office!
Would he?

After the stage emptied, I hung around the media area observing the crowd and general aftermath of the event. Brian by this time was moving toward the exit to retrieve THE SIGN (or, THE LIGHTNING ROD, as I was beginning to think of it).

While he was maneuvering through the mass of exiting people, someone handed him a half a dozen or so Romney flyers to pass on to others. He decided to wait until he was out of the general chaos of the crowd and get THE SIGN before turning his attention to this task.

Seconds later, Camel Hair Sport Coat appeared from out of nowhere and exclaimed, “See, I told you it would be okay!” by which he meant that the sign was not lost or damaged. Brian replied that “No, it was NOT okay” meaning that he didn’t think it “Okay” that he was not allowed to silently and freely express his concern for The Rule Of Law (or the lack thereof). Camel Hair Sport Coat didn’t have time to react to this, as he scurried off to micro-manage another perceived emergency.

Despite his political leanings and in an effort of civic good faith, Brian set THE SIGN down at his side and began handing out (or getting rid of) the Romney cards to the exiting Romney Gullibles.

Almost immediately, a young campaign intern-type in a Romney logo windbreaker came up to him and demanded that he “STOP PASSING OUT LITERATURE!” Completely baffled at this new development, Brian held the cards up to show him that they were merely Romney campaign materials! This had no effect on Romney Windbreaker who proceeded to order him off the property.

Brian told him that he was waiting for a friend who was still inside. Again, Romney Windbreaker ordered him to leave, smugly pointing out that the Romney meeting was a private event held on private property. He told Brian that if he wanted to display his sign, he would have to do it outside the property gate.

NOTE: This, to me, is just plain Stupidity On Parade. There is nothing more potentially dangerous in the world than a stupid person with a little bit of power. The really scary part is that Romney Windbreaker probably had an Ivy League degree!

By now, Brian was tired of the game and had no intention of holding up anything; he was simply standing there waiting for me to show up before heading out. But self-important Romney Windbreaker persisted, stating again that if he did not exit the property “RIGHT NOW”, he would take action to have him removed!

“Do whatever you have to do, but I am not leaving without my friend!” Brian answered, tired of being pushed around.

Romney Windbreaker stormed off in a snit and a minute or so later, an Officer Kelly with the Colorado Springs Police Department walked up to Brian and calmly asked him to leave the property.

Seconds later, probably sensing that things were spiraling out of control, (that college degree was finally kicking in!) Romney Windbreaker re-joined the situation and contradicted the cop’s order by telling Brian that if he put his sign against the building, out of site of the exiting crowd, he could stay and wait for his friend. He then became distracted and hurried off, probably to attend to another Free Speech Emergency.

This turn of events seemed to re-energize Brian’s resolve.

I need to say at this point that my friend Brian is one of the most civil and friendliest people one is ever likely to meet. He is not usually inclined to make trouble for trouble’s sake but he does believe strongly in our so-called Democratic Process and his/our Constitutional right to responsibly participate in it.

At no time throughout the whole bizarre episode did Brian ever hold THE SIGN up; he was simply carrying it at his side, ready to take it off the premises and to our car.

With THE SIGN resting against Brian’s leg, a thick stream of people continued to exit the facility. It was unlikely that they would have noticed anything except that Brian was now having an animated discussion with Officer Kelly, which in itself was doing more to draw attention to THE SIGN than anything else. Though consistently respectful and courteous, the officer told Brian that he was issuing him a lawful order to exit the property.

Stalling for time (and just to screw with him), Brian asked Officer Kelly for the order in writing in case he “needed to reference it at a later time”. In a calm and patient tone, Kelly told him that he was ‘disobeying the order of a police officer’ and would not put anything in writing. He went on to say that if Brian did not leave immediately, he would be forced to remove him. Brian took this to mean “physically” and cordially explained to the officer that he “would not cooperate”, hinting that he would sit down and passively resist. The policeman told him that he might have to write him a ticket.

All this time, Officer Kelly had positioned himself (intentionally or not, Brian wasn’t really sure) in front of THE SIGN so that it was less noticeable by the exiting throng of Romney Gullibles. He continued trying to persuade Brian to leave, commenting, (I’m sure only half jokingly) that he “Didn’t want to end up on CNN”. It was at about this point that I walked up to find Brian and the police officer engaged in what looked to be a friendly conversation.

The entire exchange had lasted about five minutes. The officer was doing everything in his power to de-escalate what could have been a very ugly situation. He told Brian that he was trying to be respectful of his civil rights and especially of his right to free speech, but in this situation he, [Brian] did not have the right to interfere with a private meeting. Kelly was just doing his job as a police officer responding to the concerns of the Romney campaign and seemed, to Brian’s mind, a little taken aback by their rampant paranoia in such a minor context.

I have been around my share of policemen in a variety of tense scenarios and I’ve seen some real cretins. Though Officer Kelly was of physically intimidating stature and not a guy that was going to be walked over, it was his good humor and calm demeanor that helped to defuse the situation– not cheap bullying tactics.

I’m sorry I can’t say the same for the Romney AND Santorum bunch.

Admittedly, the Romney mob had us over a technical and legal barrel, but I contend that while Brian may have been disobeying the letter of the law (unintentionally– at first), the Romney people were violating the spirit of the law– that being the Supreme Law of The Land, our Constitution and Bill Of Rights– which guarantee us the right of assembly and free speech.

Made all the worse at a presidential campaign event that, in theory, we gather to celebrate these very ideals!

But what do I know, I failed 9th grade Civics.

We left without further incident.

By this time I was more than ready to complete the tour and attend a Newt Gingrich event, where the Fear and Loathing had the potential to reach dizzying heights, you know, because Newt has considerable experience practicing these skills at the national level.
I wanted to see how the big boys put on a REAL police state-style election campaign!

But it was not to be, Gingrich made, to my knowledge, only one stop in Colorado (a debate with Rick Santorum at the Colorado School of Mines outside of Denver) and we were unable to get up there that day.

The events of that week confirmed my best and worst suspicions. The Ron Paul rally was everything that I imagined a campaign whistle stop event to be. It was free and open with a general feeling from the entire room that our cause was righteous and just; that we were doing the right thing.

Yes, I know every person feels that sense of hope and optimism for their candidate of choice, (well, maybe except for the followers of Mitt “Lesser Of The Two Evils” Romney) but we as a people are nothing if not experts at self-delusion.

Just look at the Obama Gullibles of 2008, most of them still think that he represents them.

How long can these people live on lies and soaring rhetoric?

Throughout this whole experience I have seen nothing from the NON-Paul candidates that makes me think their behavior will be any different from what we’ve endured over the last fifty years from our “elected leaders”.

If the people working for Romney and Santorum campaigns are any indication of what their administrations will be like, then we are in trouble.

Right Wing or Left Wing, Democrat or Republican? It doesn’t matter; we end up with the same war mongering, police state, Globalist endgame.

And that is where we are at this point in our nation’s history. The majority of the voting public is willfully and blissfully unaware that we are already living in the beginning stages of a Police State and it will only worsen if we don’t grab the best opportunity that affords us a fighting chance to forestall the unthinkable.

Yes, some of Ron Paul’s ideas will be life altering and painful for all of us, but we have to see the long-term goal. Economic and personal freedom means prosperity for ALL, not just a select 1%. I believe this man’s strategy is the only card left for us to play if we are going to bring our country back to its former greatness. A greatness that less fortunate countries, want to emulate– not blow up!

That is an American Exceptionalism that I can live with.

Not the bullying, imperialistic brand of American Exceptionalism that has been the basis of this country’s foreign policy since World War ll.

President *Soaring Rhetoric* Barack Obama, like most of the traitors who have held that office since Woodrow Wilson, is (willingly) under the thumb of international bankers that the Mainstream Media refuse to reveal as the gangsters that they are.

And he’s doing a great job of it– FOR the gangsters.

Republicans, Democrats? In the end the differences are cosmetic; they’re all vetted and approved to one degree or another by this criminal ruling elite, allowed to squabble over this issue or that, as long as they don’t mess with THE MONEY; the Bankster owned Federal Reserve.

Except, of course, for Dr. Ron Paul, who was smart enough to run as a Republican to keep himself in the conversation. And that he is– despite the noise coming from the Mainstream Corporate Media Shills, who are working as hard as they can to make us think otherwise.

But, we are waking up, the Globalist Elite know it and they’re getting nervous.

We have an opportunity to return the American Presidency once again to its former place of honor and prestige– beyond its current role of Chief American Minion To The Globalists– AND HELP OURSELVES IN THE PROCESS!

If we can get Ron Paul into the Oval Office (and keep him there) it may not be too late.

It’s PAUL for me — or tyranny.

kathy88
02-27-2012, 07:02 PM
OMG. BEST. First. Post. Ever. Welcome to the forums!

Endthefednow
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
OMG. BEST. First. Post. Ever. Welcome to the forums!

This

madwool
02-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks--you're a fast reader!

kathy88
02-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Bump for awesomeness.