PDA

View Full Version : FEMA Puts Out Contract For Emergency Camps to House “Displaced Citizens”

John F Kennedy III
02-27-2012, 06:21 PM
FEMA Puts Out Contract For Emergency Camps to House “Displaced Citizens”

Solicitation calls for camps to be ready for occupancy within 72 hours

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Monday, February 27, 2012

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is looking for contractors to construct temporary emergency camps inside the United States which can be ready for occupancy within a 72 hour time period and used to house emergency responders as well as “displaced citizens”.

The National Responder Support Camp contract, posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website, calls on contractors to “provide all necessary supervision, professional staff, labor support, material, supplies and equipment as necessary to make a RSC within a disaster-impacted area anywhere within the CONUS (Continental United States) within 72 hours after notification.”

The camps are primarily designed to house emergency responders, but will also be utilized to shelter “displaced citizens,” who will be “given the first opportunities for employment within the camp,” according to the solicitation. The camps will be able to service up to 2,000 people at one time.

As well as natural disasters, the 72-hour camps are designed to deal with terrorist attacks, National Response Framework activities of federal agencies, National Special Security Events, “or any other situation where FEMA or an agency working through FEMA needs a RSC.”

The camps will be secured with fencing and barricades that will also serve to create areas that are “off limits” to certain occupants. Entry to the camp will be controlled through a photo ID system for all occupants and visitors.

Medical treatment facilities, dining facilities, mobile showers and “morale welfare and recreation” facilities are all required as part of the contract.

FEMA’s latest efforts to satisfy the demand for emergency camps represents a continuation of preparations on behalf of the federal government to prepare for civil emergencies and potential social disorder.

Last December, Department of Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano directed ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to prepare for a mass influx of immigrants into the United States, calling for the plan to deal with the “shelter” and “processing” of large numbers of people.

In 2006, Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root was contracted by Homeland Security to build detention centers designed to deal with “an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S,” or the rapid development of unspecified “new programs” that would require large numbers of people to be interned.

Last year we received a leaked memo from a state government employee detailing KBR’s efforts to hire subcontractors to provide services required for temporary “emergency environment” camps located in five regions of the United States, indicating that many of the camps have now been constructed and are ready for use.

The construction of new detention camps inside the United States has provoked fears that the facilities could also be used to intern American citizens in the aftermath of a national emergency.

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was established under the pretext of a “mass exodus” of illegal aliens crossing the Mexican/US border, the same pretense used in the language of the KBR request for services.

During the Iran-Contra hearings in 1987, however, it was revealed that the program was a secretive “scenario and drill” developed by the federal government to suspend the Constitution, declare martial law, assign military commanders to take over state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens determined by the government to be “national security threats.”

A provision within the National Defense Authorization Act, signed into law by President Obama on New Years Eve, hands the government power to have American citizens arrested and detained without trial.

http://www.infowars.com/fema-puts-out-contract-for-emergency-camps-to-house-displaced-citizens/

JK/SEA
02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
yeah, well, i found 2 pieces of plywood and some plastic, a glock, and a cache of 'things' here and there will do me quite well where i'm going...

TheTexan
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Where is this authorized in the Constitution

ZanZibar
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Can we please quit citing Infowars? :confused: They are notoriously unreliable as a news source. :(

mosquitobite
02-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Can we please quit citing Infowars? :confused: They are notoriously unreliable as a news source. :(

The link to the Federal Business Opportunities they posted: hXXps://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=819eacc8d2df71ec82f7fa594f33ce57&tab=core&_cview=1

National Responder Support Camp (NRSC)
Solicitation Number: HSFE70-12-R-0033
Agency: Department of Homeland Security
Office: Federal Emergency Management Agency

Solicitation Number:
HSFE70-12-R-0033
Notice Type:
Presolicitation
Synopsis:
Added: Jan 31, 2012 2:31 pm
This is a "DRAFT" solicitation to prepare for a Pre-solicitation Conference (Industry Day) scheduled for February 10, 2012 in Washington DC.

300 D Street, S.W., Conf. Rm A
Washington, DC 20472

Time: 9:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Phone: 202-212-1620

In order to attend the conference you must email the following information to armetia.cato@dhs.gov by Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12 Noon EST.

Organization, Location, Name of POC, IT POC Telephone #, Room Phone #, and IP or ISDN #.

If you plan to attend the conference at the above location, no more than two persons per organization are allowed, spaces are limited, When responding to this notice and registering for the Conference, indicate whether you will be attending via Video Conference or in person.

What I find odd though is if Infowars was so on top of things - why did they wait a month to report on this - and it was after the Feb 10th deadline to submit applications.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
The link to the Federal Business Opportunities they posted: hXXps://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=819eacc8d2df71ec82f7fa594f33ce57&tab=core&_cview=1

What I find odd though is if Infowars was so on top of things - why did they wait a month to report on this - and it was after the Feb 10th deadline to submit applications.

Limited amounts of time, resources, and people to go through all this information.

John F Kennedy III

Hilarious how trolls are allowed to stay on these boards while well respected members get banned.

mosquitobite
Names of people/companies who submitted bids:

Architects Architects
TOMPKINS ASSOCIATES, INC.
612 NW KAY DR LEES SUMMIT, MO 640631815 USA
Email:*ljs@tom-arch.com
Phone: 8165259833

Architecture_Interior_Design_FF&E_SID Kim_Doyle BCRA, INC.
2106 PACIFIC AVE STE 300 TACOMA, WA 984023008 USA
Email:*kdoyle@bcradesign.com
Phone: 2532789672
BANKSTON JIMMY BAGOS LLC
8010 E OAKLAWN RD BILOXI, MS 395327824 USA
Email:*JBRELIABLE@HOTMAIL.COM
Phone: 2288614641

Carano Jim WORLD HELP ORGANIZATION, INC.
7585 JAGUAR DR YOUNGSTOWN, OH 445125307 USA
Email:*worldhelpinc@zoominternet.net
Phone: 3302331224

Cawood Jamie INTERNATIONAL DISASTER SERVICES, LLC
703 JOE TAMPLIN IND BLVD MACON, GA 312177614 USA
Email:*jcawood@idscontainer.com
Phone: 9073605345

Cusick Mark AMERICAN SECURITY PROGRAMS, INC
22900 SHAW RD STE 101-4 DULLES, VA 201664311 USA
Email:*mcusick@securityprograms.com
Phone: 7038348900

Henderson Gare Gravitational Systems Engineering, inc
6400 Newman Rd. Clifton, VA 20124 Clifton, VA 20124 US
Email:gare.henderson@gravitationalsystems.org
Phone: 3122248152

Lambert Mark OK'S CASCADE COMPANY
1429 AVE D #166 SNOHOMISH, WA 982901742 USA
Email:*info@oks.com
Phone: 8004588061

Masters Mark CHLOETA FIRE, L.L.C.
812 N 14TH ST JAY, OK 743460956 USA
Email:*info@chloetafire.com
Phone: (877) 245-6382
Nease Kathrina 1ST CHOICE FINANCIAL GROUP LLC
133 N 21ST ST CAMP HILL, PA 170113809 USA
Email:*knease@provisio.us.com
Phone: 7177611494

Nelson Jeannine ECS - MID-ATLANTIC, LLC
14026 THUNDERBOLT PL STE 300 CHANTILLY, VA 201513296 USA
Email:*jnelson@ecslimited.com
Phone: 5407856100

RAMIREZ DAVID MATERIAL INTEGRATION, INC.
839 ROCKY MOUNTAIN CT VALRICO, FL 335949313 USA
Email:*ssdavidss@live.com
Phone: 3057672658

Richardson Blair BARLOVENTO, L.L.C.
431 TECHNOLOGY DR DOTHAN, AL 363031039 USA
Email:*brichardson@barloventollc.com
Phone: 3349839979

Roy Jill CELINA TENT, INC.
5373 STATE RTE 29 CELINA, OH 458229210 USA
Email:*JillRoy@CelinaTent.com
Phone: 419-586-3610, ext 121

Shahnami-P.E-CxA Tony SGM ENGINEERING, INC.
935 LAKE BALDWIN LN ORLANDO, FL 328146652 USA
Email:*Tony@sgmengineering.com
Phone: 407-767-5188

Soboul Randy RAS ENTERPRISE, LLC
2512 25TH AVE STE 3 GULFPORT, MS 395014829 USA
Email:*rasenterprises@bellsouth.net
Phone: 2288685478

Stapleton Richard DEPLOYED RESOURCES, LLC
1729 N GEORGE STREET ROME, NY 134402719 USA
Email:*rstapleton@deployedresources.com
Phone: 3153353943

Steve_Murray Tim_Crace BISON CONSTRUCTORS INC.
13606 BEGONIA TRAIL BELTON, TX 765138046 USA
Email:*bisonconstructors@yahoo.com
Phone: 907-631-2411 505-280-9500

Anti Federalist
02-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Ummm...No.

Zippyjuan
02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
No big deal- trying to make plans for trying to deal with a natural disaster. The problem I have with InfoWars is that they try to spin it as camps to round up innocent people for no reason.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
No big deal- trying to make plans for trying to deal with a natural disaster. The problem I have with InfoWars is that they try to spin it as camps to round up innocent people for no reason.

And what might suggest that they never could be used for that?

Zippyjuan
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
And what might suggest that they never could be used for that?

Theoritically possible, sure but the bid is for units to hold about 2000 people. Jails would be more useful if you wanted to hold that number of people. Or they could comandeer any building to house "innocents". Schools would be a nice choice.

Pericles
02-27-2012, 11:27 PM
One day its a FEMA camp, the next day it is a logistics base for the liberty forces, if you know what I mean.

donnay
02-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Hilarious how trolls are allowed to stay on these boards while well respected members get banned.

QFT!!

donnay
02-27-2012, 11:41 PM

As I recall, people in Germany ignored the warning signs too.

donnay
02-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Theoritically possible, sure but the bid is for units to hold about 2000 people. Jails would be more useful if you wanted to hold that number of people. Or they could comandeer any building to house "innocents". Schools would be a nice choice.

You forget all the bases they closed down in the 1980's too.

NewRightLibertarian
02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Can we please quit citing Infowars?

No way, they deserve all the traffic and recognition they can get considering they're a rabidly pro-Ron Paul operation. Better to link to them than the mainstream media that conspires against Ron Paul at every turn.

Up is down, down is up :(

oyarde
02-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Where is this authorized in the Constitution I guess wherever BATFE , DEA , Medicare , Medicaid , Social Security, USDA , EPA and the health care bill, money backed by nothing are , some secret version , I have been unable to find , Unless , there is no version like that , if that is the case , anyone living who voted to institute those things should do the right thing and hang themselves.

oyarde
02-28-2012, 12:18 AM
No big deal- trying to make plans for trying to deal with a natural disaster. The problem I have with InfoWars is that they try to spin it as camps to round up innocent people for no reason. I say , let Calvin Coolidge pick the Federal role in a natural disaster , and put all these spend and waste punks in the chicken pen and do a study on them .

pcosmar
02-28-2012, 12:52 AM
One day its a FEMA camp, the next day it is a logistics base for the liberty forces, if you know what I mean.

A few good men with rifles,,and one with a tractor.

NewRightLibertarian
02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Nothin' to see here, they're just preparing to help us in case a crisis occurs. They have our best interests in mind as they always do. Anyone who would think otherwise is a paranoid kook or deranged.

rockerrockstar
02-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Scary I guess they are making these just in case totally anarchy happens. The government has too much power if they can do this to our own citizens.

SL89
02-28-2012, 03:26 AM
A few good men with rifles,,and one with a tractor.

No worries.... Got ya covered when the time comes. Not the good man part, just the tractor part. ;)
Lol.

3kgt
02-28-2012, 03:37 AM
I'm no troll but seriously, stop with the Infowars.
They never cite anything and they make some pretty bold claims with nothing to back them up.
They're the opposite of MSM but in a bad way, sensationalist headlines and they won't stop with this FEMA camp shit. I don't have time for conspiracy theories we need to be focusing on electing Dr. Paul.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm no troll but seriously, stop with the Infowars.
They never cite anything and they make some pretty bold claims with nothing to back them up.
They're the opposite of MSM but in a bad way, sensationalist headlines and they won't stop with this FEMA camp shit. I don't have time for conspiracy theories we need to be focusing on electing Dr. Paul.

WTF are you talking about?

Just the other day somebody was making the same claim and moaning about how InfoWars is unreliable, tin foil hat nuttery, doesn't cite anything and blarg blarg blarg.

The article in question cited the New York freaking Times, fer Chrissakes.

Every Infowars article (other than straight up opinion pieces) I've ever run across has got numerous citations and links to back it up.

Ya'll are impossible to please.

You bitch and moan non stop about how "unfair" the mainstream media is toward Ron Paul, but then dismiss the highest rated "alternative" news site on the web because you've got some ax to grind about the owner.

A site and operation that has been nothing but 100 percent behind RP for years now.

Alex Jones was supporting, interviewing and giving RP a media outlet to millions of people when some of you kids were still in kindergarten.

The base for his last two runs for president started, not from LP circles or "establishment" sources for funding and grassroots support.

It came largely from the Alex Jones fan base, who were fully aware of RP and his positions based on the fact that he is a frequent guest on the show.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2012, 07:27 AM
The post referenced above ^^^

OK, can you refute the article? Are the quotes false or taken out of context?

The New York Times:

“Belligerents who also happen to be U.S. citizens do not enjoy immunity where non-citizen belligerents are valid military objectives,” said Jeh C. Johnson, the Defense Department general counsel, in a speech at Yale Law School.

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/pentagon-says-u-s-citizens-with-terrorism-ties-can-be-targeted-in-strikes/

InfoWars:

In a speech at Yale Law School, Jeh C. Johnson, the Defense Department general counsel, also said that US courts do not have the right to review such cases, or pass judgment on decisions taken by the Executive branch on such matters.

“Belligerents who also happen to be U.S. citizens do not enjoy immunity where non-citizen belligerents are valid military objectives,” said Johnson.

http://www.infowars.com/pentagon-says-us-citizens-accused-of-supporting-terrorism-can-be-assassinated/

Some people are just so blinded by hatred for Alex Jones that they won't even look at what's posted.

It's understandable.

The truth is scary, and this is some deadly, killing fields, death camp stuff that is now on the books, a matter of settled US law, and that scares the hell out people and makes them angry as well.

Not angry at the government of course, but angry at who exposed the lie and shattered their comfortable world view, where everything was basically A-OK and just needed a little fine tuning.

"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh, otherwise, they'll kill you." - Oscar Wilde.

tod evans
02-28-2012, 07:35 AM
But....but, we neeeeed these "camps"!
They're for the children.
We've gotta protect everyone from the terrorists.
It's for your own good.

pcosmar
02-28-2012, 07:52 AM
No worries.... Got ya covered when the time comes. Not the good man part, just the tractor part. ;)
Lol.

Opps, I thought I was the tractor guy..
oh well,, I still remember what a sight picture looks like,, if someone becomes a felon and hands me one.

Domalais
02-28-2012, 08:23 AM
This is old, and was debunked months ago elsewhere... the camps are for the emergency responders, not the displaced persons. And the FBO posting was extremely clear about what the contract was and was not for. It's no longer up.

C'mon, guys, even the Freepers didn't fall for this one. Unfortunately, that site is down, or I'd pull all the relevant info from the (quite hilarious) thread over there.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-28-2012, 08:34 AM

Well, a "terror suspect" now gets no lawyer, no trial, and indefinite detention. Those people don't go to jails or prisons. They go to camps.

ZanZibar
02-28-2012, 08:58 AM
No way, they deserve all the traffic and recognition they can get considering they're a rabidly pro-Ron Paul operation. Better to link to them than the mainstream media that conspires against Ron Paul at every turn.They both have the same levels of integrity in their reporting.

No Free Beer
02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Nothin' to see here, they're just preparing to help us in case a crisis occurs. They have our best interests in mind as they always do. Anyone who would think otherwise is a paranoid kook or deranged.

They should start by putting a list together of those "kooks."

Oh wait...

No Free Beer
02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
They both have the same levels of integrity in their reporting.

Why do you care when someone posts something from infowars? What is it to you? You obviously care enough to keep commenting about it.

Let me ask you something, did you find out something which was provided to you by infowars, that you weren't previously aware of? If that was the case, 1 point for infowars.

I am not trying to hate you on, I just wish you would stop hating on others. Thank you.

ZanZibar's response: Yes, I did know about this.

fisharmor
02-28-2012, 09:59 AM
mobile showers
Just remember, as the joke goes, that the shower heads need to have more than 10 holes.

Hey, good news! There's a Czech company still making Zyklon B. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_b#Production)

ZanZibar
02-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Why do you care when someone posts something from infowars? What is it to you? You obviously care enough to keep commenting about it.Because it's the same thing as when people post inaccurate MSM stories. This stuff shouldn't be spread around.

seraphson
02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Where is this authorized in the Constitution

If only I could get an ounce of gold for every time this question was asked and in doing so proves each argument unconstitutional.

No Free Beer
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Because it's the same thing as when people post inaccurate MSM stories. This stuff shouldn't be spread around.

It's a face that they are doing this. Now, whether it is actually FOR what infowars is implying is entirely different.

It is still very useful info.

GeorgiaAvenger
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
I would have to agree. I never go to them for real news.

Lishy
02-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Creepy. Though in my opinion, FEMA camps are way too small to hold dissidents (Unless they hold underground facilities...)

I don't complain about infowars being cited. But I would like other sources too, just to see the grand-scope of things.

Pericles
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Opps, I thought I was the tractor guy..
oh well,, I still remember what a sight picture looks like,, if someone becomes a felon and hands me one.

Got alcohol and firearms, no tobacco:

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/Pericles-photo/pile.jpg

3kgt
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Whether IW cites the NYT on a few articles or not doesn't really matter to me. The fact is they use sensationalist claims before facts to gain readers/attention.
No thanks..

pcosmar
02-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Whether IW cites the NYT on a few articles or not doesn't really matter to me. The fact is they use sensationalist claims before facts to gain readers/attention.
No thanks..

So,
What are the facts?

And what good are the facts if no one reads or knows them?

ZanZibar
02-28-2012, 03:22 PM
No thanks..Exactly. Too much of it is conjecture to be considered reliable.

NidStyles
02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
No thanks..

I think his track record proves that what they are doing it reasonably trustworthy. You probably would not even know what the TSA is doing without IW. No one reported on it until they did. Being critical of IW is fine, but projecting that criticism onto the people sharing what they see on that site is not so fine. You are attacking the OP here, and it's unjustifiable.

That would be like me blaming you for posting a MSM article that was filled with hyperbole and irrationality and complaining that you were allowed to share it here. If you do not like seeing any content from IW, the solution is simple, don't read it. You have no the right to tell others not to post it or read it.

Anti Federalist
02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Exactly. Too much of it is conjecture to be considered reliable.

“Belligerents who also happen to be U.S. citizens do not enjoy immunity where non-citizen belligerents are valid military objectives,” said Jeh C. Johnson, the Defense Department general counsel, in a speech at Yale Law School.

Not conjecture.

pcosmar
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM

What source of news and information do you consider to be reliable?

I have never been an Alex Jones fan nor an Infowars apologist.
But they have broken stories and reported on what others in the MSM will not.

I look at several sources and listen to a "heads up" from any and all..

Just who DO you consider "reliable". and what is your criteria for such?

ZanZibar
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
What source of news and information do you consider to be reliable?

I have never been an Alex Jones fan nor an Infowars apologist.
But they have broken stories and reported on what others in the MSM will not.

I look at several sources and listen to a "heads up" from any and all..

Just who DO you consider "reliable". and what is your criteria for such?People I know and trust and have built relationships with, although I realize they can't cover nearly everything nor can everyone do that with the media.

The honest truth is that one must get their news from a variety of news sources, not a single source.

pcosmar
02-29-2012, 01:12 PM
The honest truth is that one must get their news from a variety of news sources, not a single source.

Ok,
So what part of this story do you consider to be misleading or conjecture?

What was not factual,, that you felt the need to post,

about it?

Anti Federalist
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM

Fair enough, and that's what I do, and, much more often than not, have found that the InfoWars stories have been accurate.

ZanZibar
02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Fair enough, and that's what I do, and, much more often than not, have found that the InfoWars stories have been accurate.I've found enough of them to NOT be accurate in that I can't trust anything they write (just like NBC for example).

NewRightLibertarian
02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
They both have the same levels of integrity in their reporting.

Nah, the mainstream media carries water for the establishment while Infowars fights the establishment. Infowars has much more integrity because they don't do propaganda for evil interests.

iamdigital
02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
i like infowars. it almost always has other links to backup its articles. most of the haters just dont put the effort into a little research which is required.

the main point is that these camps are/can get built. nobody will know who will populate them until the day comes, so speculation is normal. infowars is giving their alternative view and its 100% legit to do so.

you have the freedom to do whatever you want with information like this. you can take it on board or you can reject it. you can agree with some of it and can differ with other parts. its up to you. just dont shoot the messengers and call on people to not post links. it sickens me. especially on a Ron Paul forum.

ZanZibar
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
i like infowars. it almost always has other links to backup its articles. most of the haters just dont put the effort into a little research which is required. The articles I have actually read from them I did indeed do a fact check. And IW was factually inaccurate.

bolil
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
So can we talk about the issue at hand, which is by no means outside the bounds of probability... Why are they activating the camps now? What is it they are preparing for exactly? What do they have planned or information on...

pcosmar
02-29-2012, 02:43 PM
I've found enough of them to NOT be accurate in that I can't trust anything they write (just like NBC for example).

I don't follow closely enough to say..
Got a few examples?
Just so i can compare to the inaccuracies of others,, (Faux,CNN, Blaze Etc)

ZanZibar
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't follow closely enough to say..
Got a few examples?
Just so i can compare to the inaccuracies of others,, (Faux,CNN, Blaze Etc)They had a story once about Iran photoshopping a crowd in or out of a rally. Come to find out it wasn't a manipulation, it was a completely different photo.

They also had a story about the DHS doing DUI checkpoints on some holiday which was completely false; the local LEOs were doing DUI checkpoints.

There are other examples that I can't recall right off the top of my head. But as I said, I've caught them in enough inaccurate that they just can't be trusted.

AFPVet
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Fair enough, and that's what I do, and, much more often than not, have found that the InfoWars stories have been accurate.

Me too :) While anyone can put a spin on any information, if the information itself is good, why does it matter? ;)

John F Kennedy III
02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
i like infowars. it almost always has other links to backup its articles. most of the haters just dont put the effort into a little research which is required.

the main point is that these camps are/can get built. nobody will know who will populate them until the day comes, so speculation is normal. infowars is giving their alternative view and its 100% legit to do so.

you have the freedom to do whatever you want with information like this. you can take it on board or you can reject it. you can agree with some of it and can differ with other parts. its up to you. just dont shoot the messengers and call on people to not post links. it sickens me. especially on a Ron Paul forum.

This.

Danke
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
They also had a story about the DHS doing DUI checkpoints on some holiday which was completely false; the local LEOs were doing DUI checkpoints.

There are other examples that I can't recall right off the top of my head. But as I said, I've caught them in enough inaccurate that they just can't be trusted.

This one?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2012/02/29/the-tsa-is-coming-to-a-highway-near-you/

Zippyjuan
02-29-2012, 10:39 PM
For facts on this issue- here is an official summary of the bids being requested: https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9b165d4c3814cbd33f7f48dcdaadf059&tab=core&_cview=1

The contractor shall construct and operate a Responder Support Camp (RSC) in which to stage responders and other authorized personnel and assets deployed for occurrences or events requiring a federal government response. The National Responder Support Camps contract will be used by FEMA, or by other federal agencies through FEMA, consistent with the specific authorities of the agency utilizing the contract's services.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards. During disaster situations or other events, FEMA federal, state and local responders may need a place that provides shelter, food, and additional basic needs. Hence the need for the procurement of effective and efficient Responder Support Camps is present.

Pericles
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
For facts on this issue- here is an official summary of the bids being requested: https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9b165d4c3814cbd33f7f48dcdaadf059&tab=core&_cview=1

Could be - but what is in a name?

The Nazi program to murder Jews was officially the Final Solution to the Jewish Question.

And we have Operation Iraqi Freedom, and ..........