PDA

View Full Version : Media Bias Against Paul

zeloc
02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I've posted about this several times but I really think the time is now to start taking massive action against the media bias. If Dr. Paul does not start to get more coverage from the mainstream news media, he will NOT win the election. Whenever you read an article that does not cover Dr. Paul or does not cover him adequately, send him a polite e-mail or tweet? that you would like to see more coverage for Dr. Paul. I sent an e-mail like this yesterday. Today there is an article on Yahoo by Walter Shapiro that only covers Romney and Santorum. His twitter information is at the end of the article, don't have time right now to find his e-mail. It DOES NOT help to post comments about Ron Paul. Does anyone really scroll through the 7000 comments to see what it there, and also consider the fact that many of these articles are reprinted in other physical copy newspapers, especially in major cities.

With the numbers we have here, we should be able to send several thousand e-mails to each newspaper reporter who writes a biased article. This is the only way that the media bias can be corrected, if they experience some negative feedback based on what they are doing, but in a polite manner.

TheGrinch
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
The best way to fight media bias is to grow to a point to where they'll alienate too much of their audience by being so blatantly biased against them. We are quickly approaching that point, and until we do, I'm not reading or watching any of their BS on this campaign unless the title specifically includes Paul (big thanks to the ones here for the heads ups and toobs afterwards!). You don't have to do the same, but we should support pro-Paul pieces more than giving them ratings by clicking and watching all the other BS (though there is a bit of know-your-enemy, and of course to battle in the comments sometimes on a blatant hit-piece, that makes it tough for me to shut it out completely as well).

Outside of that, the media isn't going to change any time soon. It's a segment of billion-dollar-corporations in bed with the politicians for preferential treatment and access for coverage. They don't currently have much interest at all in being fair and truthful... yet. They're about to not have a choice but to adapt.