PDA

View Full Version : Romney tells Michigan crowd about attending event that happened before he was born

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/212817-romney-tells-michigan-crowd-about-attending-event-that-happened-before-he-was-born?utm_campaign=briefingroom&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterfeed

Didn't "Powder" remember being in the womb?

Mitt Romney might have been stretching the truth — and the space-time continuum — earlier this week while telling a Michigan crowd about his fond memories of attending the Golden Jubilee, the 50th anniversary celebration of the American automobile.

“My dad had a job being the grandmaster. They painted Woodward Ave. with gold paint,” Romney said.

The problem: the June 1, 1946, event took place a full nine months before Romney was born.

The parade — one of the last public appearances by automobile pioneer Henry Ford — could not possibly have been attended by Romney, who said he was "probably 4 or something like that" when describing the event, according to the Toronto Star.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Hahahahahaha. I want that one to be drudged soooo much. That one will make people think a little bit.

kathy88
02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
"Mitt Romney might have been stretching the truth — and the space-time continuum" ROFLMAO.

Aratus
02-27-2012, 04:27 PM
his NASCAR team owner friends quote got a big online
guffaw up on the Intrade forum areas as many of the
"regulars" were 100% happy about the bloomberg MAG
article recent write-up & online video magazine piece.
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/87174994/ do enjoy!

SamuraisWisdom
02-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Hahahahahaha. I want that one to be drudged soooo much. That one will make people think a little bit.

Only until an MSM report comes out saying that Romney "mis-spoke" and must have meant something else, which then all will be forgiven.

bluesc
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM

Not likely. Drudge Report is a heavily pro-Romney site.

This is hilarious though.

Danan
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Mitt Romney might have been stretching the truth — and the space-time continuum — ...

Hahaha. Great!

I guess some smart marketing guy in Romney's staff will get his ass kicked now for this story. =D

TheGrinch
02-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Ha, that's awesome...

Too bad nobody probably wants to take the time to gather footage of Mitt Romney appearances, because it would be all too easy to highlight his attempt to be "one of you", rather than the stiff suit he is.... I bet Mitt would get baptized in an evangelical church if he thought it would get him more votes in the South than it would cost him Mormon votes (only half joking).

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Dr. Paul better NOT pick this guy for VP. Romney foots-in-mouth worse than Biden and Quayle. :D

SCOTUSman
02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Ron will say Romney misspoke and say leave him alone about it.

Uriah
02-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Yes, good movie.

Danan
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Dr. Paul better NOT pick this guy for VP. Romney foots-in-mouth worse than Biden and Quayle. :D

Romney says he was around when this country was founded! Have a little respect! ;P

DerailingDaTrain
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Never going to happen.

PaulConventionWV
02-27-2012, 04:37 PM

Eh, they're not quite that bad, lol. It's just that, for some reason, Romney's gaffes all seem to be about being rich and powerful.

Also, it's kind of funny to think that Romney's parents were making him right about the time the event that he supposedly attended happened.

Aratus
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
mitt hath memories from before being in the womb?
this is worse than bill clinton having memories about
his own father who dies when he is almost a likewise.

Aratus
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
many eastern religions believe in reincarnation!
is this a sublime attempt by gentleman mitt at
the enlightened hindu & buddhist vote out there?

socal
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/212817-romney-tells-michigan-crowd-about-attending-event-that-happened-before-he-was-born?utm_campaign=briefingroom&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterfeed

The problem: the June 1, 1946, event took place a full nine months before Romney was born...

Proof that RP is right when he says life begins at conception.

UtahApocalypse
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Posted to all my local Michigan news affiliates on Facebook

kathy88
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Eh, they're not quite that bad, lol. It's just that, for some reason, Romney's gaffes all seem to be about being rich and powerful.

Also, it's kind of funny to think that Romney's parents were making him right about the time the event that he supposedly attended happened.

Yeah, he also made fun of people's rain ponchos.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Proof that RP is right when he says life begins at conception.

+rep for good humor.

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah, he also made fun of people's rain ponchos.

Look forward to him saying "I don't follow the NFL, but my friends own several players."

phill4paul
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Look forward to him saying "I don't follow the NFL, but my friends own several players.

"I don't follow these wars, but my friends own defence contract companies."

nano1895
02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
"I don't follow these wars, but my friends own defence contract companies."

oo thats a good one :D

Aratus
02-27-2012, 05:11 PM
his actual friends ate some party snax at bechtel shindigs up here that were BIG DIG connected. (GOTO taxachusetts forum + BIG DIG thread)

socal
02-27-2012, 05:15 PM
+rep for good humor.
+rep in return for realizing it was humor.

Warmon
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I'll bet him $10,000 he never saw it as a fetus...:confused:

kathy88
02-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Look forward to him saying "I don't follow the NFL, but my friends own several players."

HAHAHAHA OMG I'm dying over here. This could be a new meme. (I hate that word, incidentally). More!

rp08orbust
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Does anyone remember Bill Clinton's painful memories of black church burnings in Arkansas--10 years before he was born?

Agorism
02-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Mitt Romney ‘Remembers’ A Michigan Event That Took Place 9 Months Before He Was Born

http://www.exposemittromney.com/image/panderbear2.jpg

link to article (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/02/27/433206/mitt-romney-remembers-a-michigan-event-that-took-place-9-months-before-he-was-born/)

Romney recalled he was “probably 4 or something like that” the day of the Golden Jubilee, when three-quarters of a million people gathered to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the American automobile.
“My dad had a job being the grandmaster. They painted Woodward Ave. with gold paint,” Romney told a rapt Tea Party audience in the village of Milford Thursday night, reliving a moment of American industrial glory.
The Golden Jubilee described so vividly by Romney was indeed an epic moment in automotive lore. The parade included one of the last public appearances by an elderly Henry Ford.

Aratus
02-27-2012, 08:07 PM
another instance of reincarnation? i knew he had been a total 1960s hippie.
by comparison mitt was cutting it close! just like his michigan poll numbers!

Agorism
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Did u post this in this section?

If so somehow I missed it and duplicated with another post. Or did it get moved?

francisco
02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
I have a recollection that he said something else like that in the last election cycle, I think something about him saying that he remembered marching with his father and Martin Luther King, Jr., which would have been impossible due to some timing issue. Don't these guys ever learn from their mistakes, or are they such inveterate liars that they can't separate fact from fiction even in their own minds.

kathy88
02-28-2012, 05:36 AM
I have a recollection that he said something else like that in the last election cycle, I think something about him saying that he remembered marching with his father and Martin Luther King, Jr., which would have been impossible due to some timing issue. Don't these guys ever learn from their mistakes, or are they such inveterate liars that they can't separate fact from fiction even in their own minds.

The latter, definately.