PDA

View Full Version : Update on Illinois Petition effort

Trassin
11-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Just wanted to post a quick update to the message sent out by Mike McHugh on Sunday.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/7051

The main update I have is for this part of the e-mail, "3. If you can commit full time for 1-3 days to make phone calls for Jason Acebel to call our delegates please email Jason at..."

I talked to the Illinois State Coordinator today and Jason has the phone calls covered. However, the main point of the message, that we need help getting these signatures is still very true.

Jason is currently working with the National Campaign to make sure we have professional help in the districts that are really hurting but even with that we will still be extremely close on signatures.

Please, please, please do anything you can to help get these petition signatures done.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Trassin,

Has Mike sent out his message to the Meetups in surrounding states, asking for their help in getting these signatures?

Trassin
11-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Trassin,

Has Mike sent out his message to the Meetups in surrounding states, asking for their help in getting these signatures?

Not that I know of. However, as you saw from the previous post it is now on dailypaul.com . Also, I know people have been forwarding the message to meetup groups in the border states in order to get their help. I have, for example, sent it to the two largest St. Louis, MO area meetup groups.

That being said, if anyone lives in one of these border states feel free to copy Mike's e-mail and get it out to the meetup groups in your region just in case they haven't heard about this issue yet.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Were you ever able to talk to Mike?

If they don't have enough people, he needs to blow the whistle and not just within Illinois. Only a small fraction of people come to this forum or even The Daily Paul.

If the campaign does not think they can hire enough people in time to get this done AND they want outside help, THEY need to sound the alarm and they need to do it YESTERDAY! Or, are they going to wait until the last day, when it is too late, and then completely panic? To be honest with you, I am starting to wonder.

literatim
11-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I emailed him to volunteer in calling delegates, but never got a reply.

Trassin
11-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Were you ever able to talk to Mike?
No, I don't have his contact info. I have been talking to my state's campaign coordinator though, who is in contact with Mike.

If the campaign does not think they can hire enough people in time to get this done AND they want outside help, THEY need to sound the alarm and they need to do it YESTERDAY! Or, are they going to wait until the last day, when it is too late, and then completely panic? To be honest with you, I am starting to wonder.
I agree.

bmcosti
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
The campaign is flying someone in today to help with the petitiong process, including hiring professional help. All the alarms have been going off here for weeks, we are all well aware of this issue.

That being said we still do need as much volunteer help as we possibly can. We have about 4,000 of the 3-5,000 needed to get Ron Paul on the ballot. It's the delegates petitoning that we are having problems with. If you are nearby please come help us out.

Trassin
11-13-2007, 10:28 AM
That being said we still do need as much volunteer help as we possibly can. We have about 4,000 of the 3-5,000 needed to get Ron Paul on the ballot. It's the delegates petitoning that we are having problems with. If you are nearby please come help us out.

<points up> What he said.

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
The campaign is flying someone in today to help with the petitiong process, including hiring professional help. All the alarms have been going off here for weeks, we are all well aware of this issue.

PLEASE HAVE MIKE SEND OUT THE ALARM TO ALL SURROUNDING STATES AND BEYOND , IF NEEDED. Do NOT assume that just by posting on the forums, that everyone will see it, because THEY WILL NOT! :rolleyes:

Bruehound
11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll repeat what I have said earlier: Creating a sense of urgency is a call to action.

Santana28
11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Bump

Trassin
11-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Bump!

Illinois still needs your help!

Cyclone
11-20-2007, 04:34 PM
So how is Illinois doing now?

Santana28
11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
No idea. I'll be there next Saturday or Sunday, hopefully. It's kind of aggrivating that the Greater Chicago group has over 800 members and only a handful show up to petition. I'm just praying to god that they are so independant-minded that they are out canvassing the area on their own initiative...

saahmed
11-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Are the other campaigns having this problem? I don't understand why a legitimate candidate who at least shows some support needs to petition to get on the ballot.

Trassin
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
We are having a state wide organizer's conference call again tonight so I'll have a better understanding of exactly where we are after that.

As of right now though, my understanding is that most of the districts have reached their minimum and now we are working to build up a buffer against the eventual legal challenges that will come. We still have a way to go to meet our goal for the "buffer" though, figuring that we need to have at least 50% more signatures than the minimum and really we would like to end up around double the minimum.

Trassin
11-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Are the other campaigns having this problem? I don't understand why a legitimate candidate who at least shows some support needs to petition to get on the ballot.

It's how the system works here in Illinois, it isn't something specific to Ron Paul and all the other candidates are doing the same thing. The difference being that they are wasting a lot more money on it than us.

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I saw people collecting petitions during my morning train commute yesterday! It was awesome! I even gave him some Ron Paul business cards. :)

Bruehound
11-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Fredhorn Leghorn sent an urgent email to his Illinois supporters to circulate his petitions. These 'establishment' candidates have easier access and more support from the existing political machinery(i.e. township and county committeeman and precinct workers loyal to them) so it kind of surprised me to see that request go out.

Like everything else related to this campaign, we just need to keep doin' what we're doin'.

Scott B.