PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to Hold Rally Tuesday Night at Ballroom in Springfield, VA

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 12:27 PM
"We're a little unique in that we're not a hotel," explained Keith Clark, president and CEO, as he gave Patch a tour of the facility. A former Toys"R"Us, the large building is used primarily for weddings, proms and job fairs and comes complete with a large catering kitchen. No word on whether Paul will serve up refreshments Tuesday night.

Tuesday is GOP presidential primary day in Arizona and Michigan, where 29 and 30 delegates are up for grabs, respectively.

The campaign has rented out the Waterford's largest ballroom, which holds 1,000 people, Clark said. Campaign workers from Paul's Springfield office were looking over the large ballroom Monday morning.

http://burke.patch.com/articles/ron-paul-to-hold-rally-tuesday-night-at-ballroom-in-springfield

Revolution9
02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
I predict overflow and folks not being able to get in.

Rev9

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 12:41 PM
I predict overflow and folks not being able to get in.

Rev9

Yeah, only holds 1000. I take it he is drumming up volunteers prior to election day a week from Tuesday.

gerryb
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, only holds 1000. I take it he is drumming up volunteers prior to election day a week from Tuesday.

Tuesday doesn't matter.

We are looking for delegates. Our filing deadlines in the northern part of Virginia are coming up quick, so we called in the big guns =)

cjm
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Can't make it, busy canvassing local precincts.

gerryb
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Can't make it, busy canvassing local precincts.

+rep

Wish all the people who are RSVP'd for this but haven't been active for anything else would have your attitude.

cjm
02-27-2012, 01:45 PM
+rep

Wish all the people who are RSVP'd for this but haven't been active for anything else would have your attitude.

Thanks, but to be honest, it's about 3.5 hours from where I live, so it would be a stretch to make it. There is a local group that is chartering a bus -- I thought about it, but decided voter outreach was a better use of my time. For the locals up there, 6:30 pm wouldn't necessarily be a conflict. But I'd have to give up canvassing time to make the commute.

02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm going. I was on the fence, then they sent an email that Rand was speaking too, I decided to go. I've never heard Rand speak before.