PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum How Santorum Fails Constitution 101 (Townhall.com)

rambone
02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
"I think Sen. Rick Santorum would make a great community organizer. Unfortunately, we are trying to remove, not re-elect, a community organizer in the White House."

This is a good, hard-hitting article on Rick Santorum.

How Santorum Fails Constitution 101 (http://townhall.com/columnists/katiekieffer/2012/02/27/how_santorum_fails_constitution_101/page/full/)

Santorum routinely trivializes the Constitution and implies that, as president, he would override the Constitution’s own words (like the 10th Amendment) in favor of his personal ideology. He has said that the Constitution isn’t the “end-all, be-all” and he’s implied that reading the Constitution literally could lead to a French-style revolution because our Constitution gives “radical freedom.”

FrankRep
02-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Another one I found:

Rick Santorum v. Ron Paul on Constitutional Interpretation: Santorum Fail
http://www.bastiatinstitute.org/2012/01/20/rick-santorum-v-ron-paul-on-constitutional-interpretation-santorum-fail/

alucard13mmfmj
02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Oh... like reading religious books literally ;p.... *sigH*

Hell, with the way things are going... maybe some French-style revolution is coming.

The main reason I would vote for Paul is because he doesn't force his ideology on other people. I don't care if he thinks that magical, flying, unicorns exists... as long as he doesn't make schools teach that it exists or make me believe in it lol.

Without Ron Paul... I wouldn't have joined the republican party recently. Frankly, the bulk of the republican party annoys me to a certain degree. I am sure that most, if not all, republicans don't want to be told what to do or believe in by the government, right? So why do some/many republicans want the federal government to force states and individuals to follow their ideology? Force states to ban abortions. Force states to get rid of certain gay rights. Force states to ban "illegal" drugs.
I see this "forcing of ideology" on the general people by both of the major political party.

ex: I hate abortions and no one else can have abortions!

I think social conservatives don't like Ron Paul because he won't force people to be be socially conservative. However, Ron Paul appeals to many independents/democrats because of Ron's stance on not forcing people to follow ideologies. *rambling rambling*