PDA

View Full Version : RASMUSSEN: Obama Falls Behind Paul - Paul 43% Obama 41% (on Drudge)

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
RASMUSSEN POLL: Obama Approval at 45%, Lowest in Month—President Falls Behind Romney and Paul...

Romney 45% Obama 43%...
Paul 43% Obama 41%
Obama 45% Santorum 43%
Obama 49% Gingrich 39%... Developing...

It's on DRUDGE :)

Source: http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama.

Paul has the biggest gender gap of any GOP hopeful. The libertarian congressman leads by 13 among men and trails by eight among women. Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals.

Paul now joins Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Santorum and Gingrich as front-runners who have led the president in a single Rasmussen Reports poll. However, it remains to be seen whether Paul can do what those others have not accomplished and lead the president more than once. So far, the only GOP candidate to do that is Romney.

bluesc
02-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Rasmussen usually has Paul about 10% behind Obama. Something big must have happened.

And Paul keeps Obama the lowest by stealing independents :D.

Student Of Paulism
02-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Sad that nothing will probably come of it and the lovely MSM never report on it either :-/

dancjm
02-27-2012, 07:52 AM
This is good :D

Dublin4Paul
02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
This is so awesome but IT NEEDS TO GET OUT. Despite this poll, you're still going to have the professional propagandists in all sectors of the MSM not even bring this up, or only show the results for Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich while skipping Paul, etc. Therefore, and I know I'm definitely not the only one saying this, Ron has to pimp these numbers like no one's business on the national stage several times.

IterTemporis
02-27-2012, 08:08 AM
A Rasmussen poll??

cucucachu0000
02-27-2012, 08:08 AM
As soon as articles start popping up about this we need to drill this into people's head over and over again im totally gonna shove this into my hes unelectable santorum loving father in law's face lol

The_Ruffneck
02-27-2012, 08:14 AM
GRINCH is damaged goods , i wonder what Santorum polled a week ago??

jkob
02-27-2012, 08:15 AM
unelectable my ass

Bruno
02-27-2012, 08:16 AM
"A vote for Santorum or Gingrich is a vote for Obama."

r3volutionpaul91
02-27-2012, 08:21 AM
unelectable eh? how's that working for ya MSM?

digitaldean
02-27-2012, 08:22 AM
That is some good news. Please tweet/facebook those numbers. Does anyone know of an actual webpage instead of a homepage that changes?

RDM
02-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Anyone have a link to this poll?

jsem
02-27-2012, 08:25 AM
AWWWW YEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

devil21
02-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Must have a link to the results!

goldpants
02-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Plaster Washington, North Dakota, Idaho, Vermont, Virginia with this poll folks. This could be huge in proving RP's electability.

digitaldean
02-27-2012, 08:30 AM
I am not sure where they got their numbers but I found this link:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

"In a potential Election 2012 matchup, the president leads Mitt Romney 45% to 43%." So why does Drudge have it the other way around? And I don't see Paul on it.

Dsylexic
02-27-2012, 08:32 AM

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

"In a potential Election 2012 matchup, the president leads Mitt Romney 45% to 43%." So why does Drudge have it the other way around? And I don't see Paul on it.

this is embarrassing.

CaptUSA
02-27-2012, 08:33 AM
The best part of this is that Paul has the lowest negatives!

splanky
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM
unelectable my ass

Amen.

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 08:43 AM

In the very next paragraph:

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama.

Paul has the biggest gender gap of any GOP hopeful. The libertarian congressman leads by 13 among men and trails by eight among women. Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals.

Paul now joins Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Santorum and Gingrich as front-runners who have led the president in a single Rasmussen Reports poll. However, it remains to be seen whether Paul can do what those others have not accomplished and lead the president more than once. So far, the only GOP candidate to do that is Romney.

Updated the opening thread. Thanks for the link.

Feelgood
02-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Hmmm nothing about Romney? I see a link there of Brewer endorsing Romney as well. Biatch.

digitaldean
02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
In the very next paragraph:

Updated the opening thread. Thanks for the link.

Ok thanks. I was looking at the 26th for some reason. I went back and now its on today's date.

hunter100
02-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Its too bad this poll didn't happen a couple days ago. It doesn't leave a lot of time to promote the news before MI and AZ.

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Hmmm nothing about Romney? I see a link there of Brewer endorsing Romney as well. Biatch.

She was receiving tons of criticism on her Facebook wall, so she pulled a Gingrich/Santorum by locking it. Lol

braane
02-27-2012, 08:56 AM
This. Is. Awesome.

Fredom101
02-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Can someone please explain to me how Romney would beat Obama in an election? Unless we RP supporters are willing to go out and vote for Romney, I see this as impossible. I think these surveys are flawed. They probably ask them in a way like "What if your only choice was between Romney and Obama?" But the reality is, MOST RP supporters are going to either vote 3rd party or stay home (or vote RP as an indy). So I don't get it.

dancjm
02-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Because Ron Paul supporters stay supporters, in theory this gap should only increase. Surely the republican party cannot ignore a significant margin for RP vs BO come the convention? Especially if the others don't come close.

nano1895
02-27-2012, 08:58 AM
The poll also shows that Ron Paul takes away the most votes away from Obama, very important.

smithtg
02-27-2012, 08:59 AM
what i enjoy is the fact that frothy and Noot arent even close to RP in these numbers. The media can't spin this in a way to say "all candidates are ahead of obama"

They could spin it as "another surge" though

pauliticalfan
02-27-2012, 09:01 AM
If you want the public to know that Ron Pal is electable, your goal over the next 24 hours should be to get this poll out to every outlet possible.

digitaldean
02-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Also it says "Paul has the biggest gender gap of any GOP hopeful. The libertarian congressman leads by 13 among men and trails by eight among women. Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals."

So Paul is getting liberals to think about voting for him over Obama. How can Paul lose if he gets most people under 30, Independents, Republicans, and liberals vs Obama in a general election.

As long as it goes to a brokered convention I think people will get feed up with the other 3 and Paul's poll numbers will be a lot higher. And the GOP might cave and tell the other 3 to hand over their delegates even if Paul only has 500. Wishful thinking lol

Johnny Appleseed
02-27-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't believe it...the media says everything is turning up sunshine and lollipops and the love affair is back on for the velvet crooner.

dancjm
02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Also it says "Paul has the biggest gender gap of any GOP hopeful. The libertarian congressman leads by 13 among men and trails by eight among women. Paul also picks up 15% of the vote from self-identified liberals."

So Paul is getting liberals to think about voting for him over Obama. How can Paul lose if he gets most people under 30, Independents, Republicans, and liberals vs Obama in a general election.

As long as it goes to a brokered convention I think people will get feed up with the other 3 and Paul's poll numbers will be a lot higher. And the GOP might cave and tell the other 3 to hand over their delegates even if Paul only has 500. Wishful thinking lol

Exactly.

No Free Beer
02-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Fox News Producer: Ignore (button)

This is what the MSM will do:

"We have new numbers coming in from Rasmussen on head to head numbers with Obama. How do the Republicans stand up?"

(commercial break)

"New numbers show Mitt Romney is up on Obama (enter amount), while Santorum is a few point short of Obama."

(insert graph)

"Karl Rove is here to analyze."

(discussion with no mention of Newt or Paul)

The reason they won't mention Newt and Paul is to try and show they are not being bias towards Paul. "See, we didn't include Newt either"

MSM is so predictable.

Brett85
02-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Can someone please explain to me how Romney would beat Obama in an election? Unless we RP supporters are willing to go out and vote for Romney, I see this as impossible. I think these surveys are flawed.

Unfortunately, there still aren't that many of us.

Cruise'n
02-27-2012, 09:12 AM
He WOULD win, easy. I used to be a liberal too and I'd vote for him any day.

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
On the plus side it concedes Ron is a 'frontrunner' on the negative, it ignores polls OTHERS have done showing Ron running ahead of Obama and ones RAsmussen itself has done showing Ron within the margin of error and implies this is a one off.

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 09:15 AM

Welcome to the forums!

InTradePro
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Front page

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 09:28 AM
I put this on the front page already :p

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Rasmussen usually has Paul about 10% behind Obama. Something big must have happened.

Rasmussen has had Ron one point away from Obama and a couple points away from Obama. He 'usually' rated Ron all by himself when Obama had high favorables. In every poll grouping I've seen where candidates were rated against Obama at the same time, Ron ALWAYS either does best or second to Romney.

No Free Beer
02-27-2012, 09:30 AM
This is where Ron needs to make an ad.

ELECTABLE!

denny
02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
was this poll taken after the debate ? :D

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately, there still aren't that many of us.

Oh, I think there are enough to sway the general. Because we are the swing votes they count on, as well as the libertarian wing of the GOP. It is just that only 17 states have open primaries. We need to take down ballot and debate access restrictions in all the states. When a third of the country is disenfranchised (independent) in primaries, that should be unacceptable to anyone.

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM
This makes me want to yell "it was a firefight!" and then dance around waving my hands. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBhr2yPOWMQ&sns=em

NoPants
02-27-2012, 09:35 AM

Maybe the link was changed?

Mitt Romney leads the president in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Romney earns 45% of the vote, while the president attracts support from 43%.

Shane Harris
02-27-2012, 09:47 AM
we lose 17% of Republicans but pick up 15% of Liberals? interesting. Perhaps this shows the percentage of both sides who have foreign policy as their key issue, regardless of party.

kill the banks
02-27-2012, 09:48 AM
great news ... damn I hope they count our votes with no more bs or tricks

Ivash
02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Hmm... this is good news for Paul and Romney, but polls this early really don't mean much. The two sides haven't even started to demolish each other yet.

I believe that Newt would lose that badly, however.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-27-2012, 09:52 AM
I think there's something else going on here. Honestly.

It's stereotypical, but it's my personal opinion/theory. Democrats are generally younger by comparison, and also less influenced by religion (as they're predominantly atheist by comparison as well). I don't like to use collectivist terminology, but I do imagine this is playing a greater role than anything.

Brett85
02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Oh, I think there are enough to sway the general. Because we are the swing votes they count on, as well as the libertarian wing of the GOP. It is just that only 17 states have open primaries. We need to take down ballot and debate access restrictions in all the states. When a third of the country is disenfranchised (independent) in primaries, that should be unacceptable to anyone.

Maybe if the war in Afghanistan really goes south and President Obama's approval ratings continue to go down, maybe there would be a slight chance that Gary Johnson could surge and actually be in contention to win the Presidency. It's a long shot, and I know a lot of people here don't like him, but I think I'd certainly take Johnson over Romney and Obama.

Shane Harris
02-27-2012, 09:57 AM
I think there's something else going on here. Honestly.

It's stereotypical, but it's my personal opinion/theory. Democrats are generally younger by comparison, and also less influenced by religion (as they're predominantly atheist by comparison as well). I don't like to use collectivist terminology, but I do imagine this is playing a greater role than anything.

What exactly are you implying is going on? I'm not sure I follow what that statement was supposed to achieve? Its playing a greater role in what? The demise of the Republican Theocrats? The rise of libertarianism in young people and young conservatives? A lot of libertarians are very influenced by religion, like Ron Paul. We're just smart enough to recognize that limited government is the most compatible form of government with our philosophy and that "there is no morality without freedom" as Pope JP2 said.

No Free Beer
02-27-2012, 10:01 AM
"electable moneybomb april 2-4.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363595-quot-Electable-quot-Moneybomb-April-2-4-%28Weekend%29

RonPaul101.com
02-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Paul beats Obama and that's without (yet) winning a GOP contest. Imagine how one sided the general election will be if Paul wins contests and wins the nomination. Super Tuesday needs to deliver a win (or more).

bronxboy10
02-27-2012, 10:09 AM

Welcome! I was a liberal as well. Then I read Liberty Defined & End the Fed (A couple of Ron Paul's books) and then I became hooked to Ron Paul's message.

digitaldean
02-27-2012, 10:27 AM
This is one article about the poll so I recommend people tweet/facebook it:

http://www.ology.com/politics/mitt-romney-ron-paul-polling-strongest-head-head-against-obama/02272012

WD-NY
02-27-2012, 10:40 AM
we lose 17% of Republicans but pick up 15% of Liberals? interesting. Perhaps this shows the percentage of both sides who have foreign policy as their key issue, regardless of party.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Very interesting indeed

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
What exactly are you implying is going on? I'm not sure I follow what that statement was supposed to achieve? Its playing a greater role in what? The demise of the Republican Theocrats? The rise of libertarianism in young people and young conservatives? A lot of libertarians are very influenced by religion, like Ron Paul. We're just smart enough to recognize that limited government is the most compatible form of government with our philosophy and that "there is no morality without freedom" as Pope JP2 said.

That the youth is a majority leaning towards the Democratic Party, while also increasingly Atheist.

That the elder as a majority, is leaning towards the Republic Party, while also increasingly Religious.

Stereotypical argument. Both seem to be their true demographics "by comparison."

r3volutionpaul91
02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I just realized paul is leading obama without even winning a state yet lol, ron would eat obama alive in the general.

klamath
02-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Because RP DOES NOT lead with those under 30 in general election polling. If fact it is his worse demographic. RP only does well with the REPUBLICAN youth, NOT the general population youth.

Warmon
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
I think what's going on here is that Ron busted "the myth" the other night in the debate. This would mean the movement is growing and the tipping point might be just a few weeks away. WOOT!

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Judge Napolitano just posted the Rasmussen data on his Facebook Page. Awesome!!

I went offline for awhile. Have any of the Media Outlets referenced this poll??

bbwarfield
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
hopefully they wont pull another "oh lets re poll just paul" which rasmussen did right before Nevada I think..... only one they did 2 days after they did one with all the candidates.... i guess it was a push poll

tennman
02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
"A vote for Santorum or Gingrich is a vote for Obama."

Oh freak yeah! I'm going to start saying that!

BUSHLIED
02-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Great news. Lets hope the trend continues...and we see some movement nationally for Paul.

tennman
02-27-2012, 03:18 PM
This would also go under the "Ron Paul Surging" file.

nobody's_hero
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM

I think the Arizona debate happened. That was Ron Paul's best performance since the speech he gave after the NH primary.

Relatively well-articulated, confident almost to the point of cockiness, and aggressive enough to call out others for their records.

JJ2
02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Also, this is all without Paul being hyped by the media and being ignored as "unelectable" and "fringe"!

If he were actually the nominee he would probably be up +10 on Obama!

phil4truth
02-27-2012, 05:27 PM
It is as simple as this; No one but Ron Paul can beat Obama in this race. End of and full stop. Paul doesn't need anyone else it is they that need him. Without him Obama wins and we all know that Paul supporters won't vote for anyone else so if Ron doesn't become the Nominee then Obama gets another term. Simples.

phil4truth
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I think what's going on here is that Ron busted "the myth" the other night in the debate. This would mean the movement is growing and the tipping point might be just a few weeks away. WOOT!

^^This^^

Nicely put. +rep

Mister Grieves
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
I feel this is important. If this doesn't say "frontrunner", I don't know what does.