PDA

View Full Version : FOX news edits audience response to blowback question. What new?

cachemaster
02-27-2012, 03:26 AM
This is downright sickening... typical FOX though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JDX0-Uo1E

kathy88
02-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Disservice to those who served with honor? What a DICK.

TheTexan
02-27-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't suppose there's any way we can get footage of the actual crowd response?

cachemaster
02-27-2012, 03:49 AM
I don't suppose there's any way we can get footage of the actual crowd response?

I'm not sure, but if this goes viral it will be much harder for fox to explain than the "Oops we used the wrong CPAC video" excuse.

Drivingrain
02-27-2012, 03:52 AM
this needs to go viral.

It's pure propaganda.

Does anyone remember the movie "Victory" when the German radio announcer would propagandize the reception of the German team by piping in applause? How is this any different?

Muwahid
02-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Wow how pathetic.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-27-2012, 04:09 AM
I just posted this to several primary Ron Paul Facebook walls. This shit makes me furious.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Someone send this to MSNBC. They love dissing FOX News every chance they get.

Czolgosz
02-27-2012, 04:19 AM
Looks like the fatman in red is second in line through the entire clip.

cachemaster
02-27-2012, 04:24 AM

Look at the person asking the questions shirt. He goes from wearing a short sleeve to long sleeve? lol

Czolgosz
02-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Look at the person asking the questions shirt. He goes from wearing a short sleeve to long sleeve? lol

Yeah, the image to which you refer appears to be signifcantly darker. Perhaps a studio light went off.

We need to make sure this is all properly analyzed.

Oddone
02-27-2012, 05:15 AM
To make sure that the video we were presented was not edited by the person who posted it on his channel, I searched for another version of the video. I found one that was shot from a hand held recording device off a TV. Oddly enough it is actually higher qaulity. Read what I have here, and I will look for the full video of the whole program.

Findings:

Times: 24secs
Look for the man in the black Fedora(Hat). He is next in line.
Time: 34secs
The man in the black Fedora is still in line behind him.
Time: 55-56secs
They zoom out and you can see the man in the black Fedora, also wearing some type of long sleeve shirt/jacket. Behind him is the man in red, who is not wearing a hat.
Time: 1min 42secs
They zoom back out and you see the crowd clap. The person standing in the front is wearing a black long sleeve, and a black Fedora. He turns to leave after his question is anwsered. The man in red then steps forward to take his turn. No where do you see the person that asked the question that was just anwsered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqIxakqN4yY

Oddone
02-27-2012, 05:29 AM
I have looked all over the place, I can only find bits and pieces of the Students for Liberty Conference 2012. The Students for Liberty website seems to be down right now also. http://studentsforliberty.org/ Error 500 :(

Emperius
02-27-2012, 05:30 AM
This needs to go viral

brandon
02-27-2012, 05:37 AM
wow

splanky
02-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Someone send this to MSNBC. They love dissing FOX News every chance they get.

Yes! This!

Godmode7
02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Who is this John Bolton guy? He makes me wanna throw up. To think that people like him live in America disturbs me.

Jingles
02-27-2012, 06:16 AM
I was there. He was most certainly booed.

J_White
02-27-2012, 06:21 AM
did Bolton EVER serve in the military ? i suppose not, and yet he has the balls to talk about "honor"

Paul Fan
02-27-2012, 06:21 AM
The second video makes it clearer. Fox needs to be called out. The objective is to get them to release the unedited video.

Muwahid
02-27-2012, 06:24 AM
did Bolton EVER serve in the military ? i suppose not, and yet he has the balls to talk about "honor"

From Wiki

Bolton supported the Vietnam War and enlisted in the Maryland Army National Guard, but did not serve in Vietnam. He wrote in his Yale 25th reunion book "I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."[15] In an interview, Bolton discussed his comment in the reunion book, explaining that he decided to avoid service in Vietnam because "by the time I was about to graduate in 1970, it was clear to me that opponents of the Vietnam War had made it certain we could not prevail, and that I had no great interest in going there to have Teddy Kennedy give it back to the people I might die to take it away from."

Dublin4Paul
02-27-2012, 06:45 AM
From Wiki

Yup, typical chickenhawk bullshit, nothin' to see here, folks.

BrunswickGuy
02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Who is this John Bolton guy? He makes me wanna throw up. To think that people like him live in America disturbs me.

You don't know John Bolton? You didn't do your homework then.

Know thy enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton

wayzupusc
02-27-2012, 06:53 AM
I hate John Bolton. He dodged that question (he never did answer the question) like he dodged the Vietnam War. Being a straight-up coward is one thing but to be a war-profiteer who has no qualms sending other people's children, our men & women over there to die is straight-up evil. That he was named representative of the UN by Bush2 is a moment all Americans should have done a collective facepalm. Seriously, it's like the 3 fools in the race with Ron Paul...all of them would declare war on Iran today if it were in their power & they thought it would get them support of the neocons but none of them have served or avoided serving multiple times. How do people who are admitted draft dodgers or have never served anywhere near an FOB be allowed to make decisions that send our men & women into illegal wars? I...just...don't....get it! F-U John Bolton.

Tyler_Durden
02-27-2012, 07:01 AM
I hate John Bolton. He dodged that question (he never did answer the question) like he dodged the Vietnam War. Being a straight-up coward is one thing but to be a war-profiteer who has no qualms sending other people's children, our men & women over there to die is straight-up evil. That he was named representative of the UN by Bush2 is a moment all Americans should have done a collective facepalm. Seriously, it's like the 3 fools in the race with Ron Paul...all of them would declare war on Iran today if it were in their power & they thought it would get them support of the neocons but none of them have served or avoided serving multiple times. How do people who are admitted draft dodgers or have never served anywhere near an FOB be allowed to make decisions that send our men & women into illegal wars? I...just...don't....get it! F-U John Bolton.

Right. Completely dodged the question while dissing the Ranger by alleging a "disservice." The Ranger should've went off on Bolton!

Oddone
02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Bump...

devil21
02-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Bolton used the same technique I see all the time from run-of-the-mill neocons when they're confronted with simple facts (truth) that destroy their arguments. They insult the questioner and subtly change the topic, with a dose of "America Fuck Yeah" thrown in. I see it all the time on other forums.

dancjm
02-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Doesn't this violate some FCC regulation?

vechorik
02-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Tip: When speaking on national tv, take the toothpick from your mouth!

digitaldean
02-27-2012, 09:22 AM

This...I was having Razor Ramon flashbacks from the late 90's.

Schifference
02-27-2012, 09:43 AM
In the first 3 seconds of the video you can hear booo boooo blowback.

dancjm
02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
This...I was having Razor Ramon flashbacks from the late 90's.

You talkin to me?

Chico?

devil21
02-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Doesn't this violate some FCC regulation?

SCOTUS has ruled that media outlets have no legal responsibility to report the truth about anything.

sailingaway
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure, but if this goes viral it will be much harder for fox to explain than the "Oops we used the wrong CPAC video" excuse.

I've seen it on twitter. Some people are spreading it around.

The Mad Arab
02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
This is one for Jon Stewart.

Jingles
02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Can I actually talk about this because I was actually there in the audience. There was a lot of booing during the first opposition guest and then the producer was like tone it down a little guys. It was rather excessive imo. As soon as John Bolton came onto the stage before the segment started the boos were great and numerous. Then we were trying to check ourselves a bit and a lot of his responses received no response then. If I remember correctly though was most certainly boo'd after this response.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Can I actually talk about this because I was actually there in the audience. There was a lot of booing during the first opposition guest and then the producer was like tone it down a little guys. It was rather excessive imo. As soon as John Bolton came onto the stage before the segment started the boos were great and numerous. Then we were trying to check ourselves a bit and a lot of his responses received no response then. If I remember correctly though was most certainly boo'd after this response.

Thank you for your clarification.

Also, I find it disgusting that a member of the United Nations is going to talk about "Honor in the Military (while simultaneously being a draft dodger)." Putting "UN Military Code" before the U.S. Constitution is the greatest level of "disgust" I have seen. Also, notice his connection to Yale. For some reason, all of these politicians are coming from these high-class universities. What the hell is going on over there?

affa
02-27-2012, 10:29 AM
To make sure that the video we were presented was not edited by the person who posted it on his channel, I searched for another version of the video. I found one that was shot from a hand held recording device off a TV. Oddly enough it is actually higher qaulity. Read what I have here, and I will look for the full video of the whole program.

Findings:

Times: 24secs
Look for the man in the black Fedora(Hat). He is next in line.
Time: 34secs
The man in the black Fedora is still in line behind him.
Time: 55-56secs
They zoom out and you can see the man in the black Fedora, also wearing some type of long sleeve shirt/jacket. Behind him is the man in red, who is not wearing a hat.
Time: 1min 42secs
They zoom back out and you see the crowd clap. The person standing in the front is wearing a black long sleeve, and a black Fedora. He turns to leave after his question is anwsered. The man in red then steps forward to take his turn. No where do you see the person that asked the question that was just anwsered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqIxakqN4yY

Yea, it looks like the applause is definitely from the NEXT guy.

Do we have footage of the response to Fedora's question? The applause should match, correct?

Jingles
02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Yea, it looks like the applause is definitely from the NEXT guy.

Do we have footage of the response to Fedora's question? The applause should match, correct?

I remember that guy. I forget what he asked though.

ZENemy
02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
You guys are missing OUT!

the WHOLE story is EVEN WORSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JDX0-Uo1E&context=C300e54cADOEgsToPDskLan2s8iKtffBFHaaIdIo7v

Tobias2dope
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
This makes me so F%CKING MAD.

Who the hell is this piece of SH!iT ?

This guy is talking to a vet this way.

He should be dragged out and beat like the child he is.

alucard13mmfmj
02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
More the reason to Occupy main stream media =P... I'm surprised FOX hasn't been sued yet for altering footages.

Agorism
02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Thinkprogress has a new piece on Paul today btw.

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM

Look again.

alucard13mmfmj
02-27-2012, 12:12 PM
So.. it is legal for them to alter footage to make a presidential candidate look bad (since its not satire or parody)? :|

ZENemy
02-27-2012, 12:16 PM
The Video I linked CLEARLY shows them altering footage and splicing in a different show from a different night!!!!!!

freeforall
02-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Have you watched the faces of the people in the audience while he was speaking. Might as well have bubble captions above their heads that say "WTF?!!"

puppetmaster
02-27-2012, 12:27 PM
search is our friend.....cuts back on dup threads.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363269-Lew-Rockwell-One-More-Reason-To-Call-It-Faux-News&p=4217272#post4217272

Oddone
02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
So.. it is legal for them to alter footage to make a presidential candidate look bad (since its not satire or parody)? :|

There are no laws saying they have to, and I am not sure there should be. Authoritarian and all that.. The best you can do is call them out when they lie, or distort the truth. They can literally say anything they wan't, as long as it isn't libel, true or not.

Czolgosz
02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Look again.

Elaborate.

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Elaborate.

He is initially third in line by my take in one instance and second in line in another.

bbwarfield
02-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Has someone sent that to stossel?

gerryb
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM

Sent what, a clip of his own hack editing job?

kathy88
02-27-2012, 05:15 PM

I think it kinda made him more down to earth. Casual.

kathy88
02-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Send it to Swann and the judge. Oh, THAT'S right. The judge has been silenced.

Czolgosz
02-27-2012, 05:20 PM
He is initially third in line by my take in one instance and second in line in another.

Oh, gotcha.

jcarcinogen
02-27-2012, 05:25 PM
If you notice Stossel usually sounds libertarian with plans to legalize and pointing out the stupidity of prohibition BUT he always then advocates regulation. Just because you decriminalize something doesnt mean you endorse it or think it then is government's role to regulate it. How libertarian are you Stossel if you want a law (pro or con) for everything?

Evangelical_Protestant
02-27-2012, 06:20 PM
The vid already has over a hundred and thousand views in a few days. The video "John Bolton Dodges Question; Insults Anti-War Veteran" is going to go viral at this rate.

Being from 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines as an infantry machine-gunner and an Iraq war vet myself , I would like to show my support of what this guy has to say as well. If an Iraqi battalion was here in indiana cruising around like thugs, you better believe highway 41 would be riddled with IEDS. The Iraqis civilians in my opinion were much more receptive to american troops than americans would be to iraqi troops hands down. But here we are, engaging in this kind of behavior. It is not like us to behave like this. Our politicians and big business network have turned us into monsters.

I support the questioner. I'm glad he's not afraid to speak the truth, hes done our cause a great service.

Czolgosz
02-27-2012, 06:35 PM
But we'e Amurrica, and we have moral authorita!

Sola_Fide
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM
This is downright sickening... typical FOX though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JDX0-Uo1E

Hahaha...sickening, but absolutely typical.

coffeewithchess
02-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Right. Completely dodged the question while dissing the Ranger by alleging a "disservice." The Ranger should've went off on Bolton!

I'll be very honest with you, I'm surprised it didn't happen...John Bolton #1 didn't answer the guys question, and #2 tried to paint him with the "disservice" tag.

John Bolton, p.o.t.

devil21
02-27-2012, 08:39 PM
If you notice Stossel usually sounds libertarian with plans to legalize and pointing out the stupidity of prohibition BUT he always then advocates regulation. Just because you decriminalize something doesnt mean you endorse it or think it then is government's role to regulate it. How libertarian are you Stossel if you want a law (pro or con) for everything?

If it is the states themselves doing it then it's as the 10th Amendment intends. Paul himself says this too. I haven't heard Stossel advocate for federal regulation of things like drugs and prostitution.

Danan
02-27-2012, 08:50 PM
If it is the states themselves doing it then it's as the 10th Amendment intends. Paul himself says this too. I haven't heard Stossel advocate for federal regulation of things like drugs and prostitution.

Stossel doesn't claim to be a paleo-conservative. From a libertarian viewpoint a statewide business regulation is just as bad as a federal regulation. The only difference is that you can get rid of the former easier.

But I don't even think Stossel is in favour of these kinds of regulations. After all, he is a journalist and asks his libertarian guests tough questions (more from a devil's advocate position).

And the Constitution doesn't demand the States to regulate or ban certain drugs, etc.

noneedtoaggress
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Stossel responded to my video.

I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one who remembers booing, because this video throws me off. I'm definitely still right though that people did NOT applaud Bolton's answer. If anything the smattering of applause are for me trying to rebut Bolton or just people doing the typical clap

What you still don't see is the people in the back corner of the room that I'm walking to hugging me and shaking my hand and telling Bolton to, "Go F*** himself." Between that and the fact that I was practically seeing red listening to Bolton, I guess that is what is coloring my memory of the event. Still, pretty manipulative editing by fox, if I do say so myself.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/blog/2012/02/27/unedited-students-liberty-video-0

update.

dancjm
02-28-2012, 02:19 AM
update.

He says it was edited, but that there was no conspiracy. But if you include the rebuttal in the footage, the applause was clearly for the question/questioner. If you take out the rebuttal, it sounds like the applause was for the answer which preceded it.

That is misleading, wrong, and imo clearly deliberate.

devil21
02-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Stossel doesn't claim to be a paleo-conservative. From a libertarian viewpoint a statewide business regulation is just as bad as a federal regulation. The only difference is that you can get rid of the former easier.

But I don't even think Stossel is in favour of these kinds of regulations. After all, he is a journalist and asks his libertarian guests tough questions (more from a devil's advocate position).

And the Constitution doesn't demand the States to regulate or ban certain drugs, etc.

Of course it doesn't, but if it's going to be regulated or banned then it is the state's responsibility as per the 10th Amendment.

Ive never heard Stossel actually advocate for regulation of anything either. Stossel plays devil's advocate with his lines of questioning but it's tongue in cheek to make a point.