PDA

View Full Version : The Dobson nod -- lengthy, but please read

IHaveaDream
11-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Guliani recently received the support of Pat Robertson. Fred Thompson has now gotten the support of the NRL (National Right to Life). If you know anything at all about politics, you know that the evangelical vote should never be taken lightly when you're running a Republican candidate.

I dare say that James Dobson and his organization have more political sway with evangelicals than any other faction within their movement. I recently emailed Dr. Dobson's organization and asked them to consider endorsing Ron Paul. I also pointed out his unwavering record. We can agree to disagree on some issues, but it will all prove irrelevant if we do not join forces and defend the constitution which gives us that right.

I received a very polite letter from Dr. Dobson's organization (not a form letter) stating that Dr. Dobson does not "formally" endorse candidates. However, we all know that he will "give the nod" to someone eventually.

Mitt Romney is a multi-millionaire who is certainly looking to issue his own press release regarding the support of some high-profile group among Christian conservatives. Personally, I don't think Dr. Dobson can be bought. But we all value money and Romney has plenty of it.

Perhaps the only thing we value more than money is our right to practice and defend what we believe.

I ask you to contact Dr. Dobson's organization today and politely ask them to consider what it would mean to their movement to have a "true" conservative in the Oval Office. Invite them to join us in fighting for the future of ALL Americans.

runderwo
11-13-2007, 08:22 AM
NPR had a piece on the Thompson endorsement this morning. It would have been funny if it weren't so sad. The commentator mentioned Thompson having been an abortion lobbyist, and they started asking isn't there someone with a more consistent anti-abortion record that evangelicals can get behind, what about Mike Huckabee, or Duncan Hunter or Tom Tancredo? They mentioned that they need to "pick a winner" and Huckabee has a bad tax record so that rules him out. Let's see, if anti-tax and being ardently pro-life are the key issues, is there someone they perhaps overlooked -- or even took great pains to omit?

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 08:22 AM
I have been calling them once every few weeks to ask them if Dobson plans on supporting Ron Paul.

newmedia4ron
11-13-2007, 08:28 AM
What about this guy?
http://www.richardlandlive.com/

JMann
11-13-2007, 08:47 AM
You don't think Dr. Dobson can be bought. As with most snake oil salesmen he is a business man first and a doctor second.

BillyDkid
11-13-2007, 08:47 AM
NPR had a piece on the Thompson endorsement this morning. It would have been funny if it weren't so sad. The commentator mentioned Thompson having been an abortion lobbyist, and they started asking isn't there someone with a more consistent anti-abortion record that evangelicals can get behind, what about Mike Huckabee, or Duncan Hunter or Tom Tancredo? They mentioned that they need to "pick a winner" and Huckabee has a bad tax record so that rules him out. Let's see, if anti-tax and being ardently pro-life are the key issues, is there someone they perhaps overlooked -- or even took great pains to omit?Hasn't anybody figured out yet that these people have no real integrity or principles? They never have had and never will have. Obviously, not every single evangelical leader is like this, but most of them are. They have only one interest and that is self interest. Their entire interest is in exploiting whatever hatred they can for their own interests. As it happens, I am somewhere between the anti-abortionists and the pro-choicers, but these people who have made a career out of demonizing anyone who disagrees with them and not even genuine in their hatreds.

Ghouliani is an evil man and it makes perfect sense that they would gravitate toward him. Oh, one day to live in a society where evil and corruption and exploitation are not rewarded with wealth and admiration. I hope and pray - however much I disagree with them fundamentally on so many thing - that the sincere evangelicals will one day see through the corruption and dishonesty of thier leaders - leaders who do nothing but exploit the worst intincts of their followers. Here's a clue - as I understand it Christianity is supposed to be about love and acceptance and tolerance and compassion.