PDA

View Full Version : "Human Rights Network" protestors carry Obama mask with a noose around its neck

moderate libertarian
02-26-2012, 10:52 PM
On Drudge now:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/supporter-human-rights-network-group-wears-mask-u-photo-151025752.html

There seems to be lot of cultural ignorance among these Human Rights Network protestors about such symbolism.

moderate libertarian
02-26-2012, 11:32 PM
In contrast, an "impeach, imprison, imagine" anti-war protest that took place in America couple of years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVTuTWe75yA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVTuTWe75yA

Republicanguy
02-27-2012, 06:29 AM
They are basically saying they hate the leader of America for what has happened.

NidStyles
02-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Lynching was used as a political tool to suppress black voters though. There were other people that were not "black" getting lynched during this period of time as well.

The_Ruffneck
02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
they were probably filming the whole thing on their chinese made iphones as well , damn hypocrites

fisharmor
02-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Lynching was used as a political tool to suppress black voters though. There were other people that were not "black" getting lynched during this period of time as well.

I'm pretty sure their response would be something along the lines of "I had to bury several pieces of my daughter after a hellfire missile destroyed my house, so you can take your great-great-grandfathers suppressed voting rights and shove them up your ass".

azxd
02-27-2012, 11:48 AM
What people do in their own country means little to me ... But I'm sure someone would want to go to war over this.

moderate libertarian
02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
What people do in their own country means little to me ... But I'm sure someone would want to go to war over this.

Like who? Not much love for Obama at home or abroad looking at signs around.

Some pundits used to say before election that Obama would end the wars, build a bridge between America and muslim world angry over Iraq war and promote peace. Well what a fine bridge building this guy has done so far. Putin's comment today about "militaralistic itch" may havde some merit.

specsaregood
02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
There seems to be lot of cultural ignorance among these Human Rights Network protestors about such symbolism.

i'm a bit confused, are you suggesting that in our past we hung presidents of the united states?

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Anybody that says that there are not racial implications in this are fooling themselves. Those who participated in this mockery are part of the problem despite the fact that they think they are part of the solution. Sure, Obama has been a mediocre President, but I think it's about time that racism takes a hike.

moderate libertarian
02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
i'm a bit confused, are you suggesting that in our past we hung presidents of the united states?

No, I was referring to their lack of awareness of historic cultural factors that caused Romney walk back:

Team Romney Quickly Tries to Walk Back Mitt's 'Hang' Obama ...
Apr 30, 2011 ... NY Daily News: Mitt Romney scrambled to do some damage control after ... Well
we're going to have to hang the 'Obama Misery Index' around his neck.” ..... As in
if you give someone enough rope they will hang themselves.

www.theblaze.com/.../team-romney-quickly-tries-to-walk-back-mitts-hang-obama-remark/

On second thought, could they be not as ignorant but were deliberately trying to send a message in the wake of our "cultural ignorance" incidence involving their sacred books at Afghan base. Or just pissed at civilians killed by Obama's drone attacks campaign. Who knows.

Little Girl Mutilated by Obama's Drone Warfare Comes to U.S. For Surgery
Mike Riggs | December 22, 2011

Shakira was one year old when Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Barack Obama ordered the 2009 drone strike in Pakistan's Taliban-infested Swat valley that nearly killed her. With two other burned little girls, she was put in a trash bin to die. A volunteer doctor with House of Charity discovered the three babies and attempted to save them. Two of the little girls died from their injuries, but Shakira, who is now four, lived to be disfigured.
http://media.reason.com/mc/mriggs/2011_12/Shakira.png?h=177&w=350

http://reason.com/blog/2011/12/22/little-girl-mutilated-by-obamas-drone-wa

specsaregood
02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Anybody that says that there are not racial implications in this are fooling themselves. Those who participated in this mockery are part of the problem despite the fact that they think they are part of the solution. Sure, Obama has been a mediocre President, but I think it's about time that racism takes a hike.

So we didn't hang white thieves in our country's past?

specsaregood
02-27-2012, 08:50 PM
No, I was referring to their lack of awareness of historic cultural factors that caused Romney walk back:

Their "lack of awareness"? I don't think they are protesting civil rights in america issues. They are protesting an imperial power pissing all over them (literally) and buring their religious texts. It has to do with saying they want a dictator hung. Was it some how racist or "lack of awareness" when the Iraqis hung their dictator by a noose?

pfft. go afghanis.

moderate libertarian
02-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Sure, Obama has been a mediocre President, but I think it's about time that racism takes a hike.

Agree with second part , if they see something very wrong about him or see him as a war criminal, why not use "impeach, imprison, imagine" type solgans campaign as was used by human rights networks against Bush-C heney as shown in above video.

Disagree on first part, with "mediocre" characterization you're being too generous I think

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 08:51 PM
So we didn't hang white thieves in our country's past?

Of course we did. That is just sidestepping the issue though.

liberty2897
02-27-2012, 08:54 PM

Agree with Massachusetts. This is not acceptable.

specsaregood
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM

No, what is "sidestepping" is trying to make this about some old american cultural issue, in an attempt to gloss over the fact that the "victim" here is no victim but rather a ruthless killer responsible for more deaths than ever got hung by a noose here in the states.

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 09:02 PM
No, what is "sidestepping" is trying to make this about some old american cultural issue, in an attempt to gloss over the fact that the "victim" here is no victim but rather a ruthless killer responsible for more deaths than ever got hung by a noose here in the states.

Hanging white thieves is even older as a cultural issue than hanging black people is. Why did they have to use a noose? If it were GWB would they have used a noose? Oh, that's right, they didn't. If you're going to go after Obama, then go after him for his failures as a president, not his race.

Also, the "victim" isn't Obama. The "victim"s are black people everywhere and their ancestors who were subjugated to racially-motivated hangings just because people hated them for being another color, not because they were criminals.

specsaregood
02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Hanging white thieves is even older as a cultural issue than hanging black people is. Why did they have to use a noose? If it were GWB would they have used a noose? Oh, that's right, they didn't. If you're going to go after Obama, then go after him for his failures as a president, not his race.

was it racist when saddam was hung by a noose? there is nothing racist about this. any attempts to make it so are sidestepping the real issue.

Also, the "victim" isn't Obama. The "victim"s are black people everywhere and their ancestors who were subjugated to racially-motivated hangings just because people hated them for being another color, not because they were criminals.
they didn't have a random black guy with the noose, its a about the murderer named obama.

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
was it racist when saddam was hung by a noose? there is nothing racist about this. any attempts to make it so are sidestepping the real issue.

Saddam isn't black.

they didn't have a random black guy with the noose, its a about the murderer named obama.

*Facepalm* It is symbolism and racist in nature because of it. No matter what the intentions were, this just isn't a good look for the HRN. It comes off as very arrogant, ignorant and racist in nature.

liberty2897
02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
When I made my last comment, I was under the impression that this was a group in the US. I should have read closer. For me, in that context, it seems much worse to depict a black US president with a noose around his neck. Now that I know that this took place in a country that has suffered mass destruction by the US, it seems more acceptable. I guess I really need to ask myself why it should make a difference? I guess because now I realize that this is not racially motivated. I really shouldn't type when I've been drinking I guess.

specsaregood
02-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Saddam isn't black.
exactly!

*Facepalm* It is symbolism and racist in nature because of it. No matter what the intentions were, this just isn't a good look for the HRN. It comes off as very arrogant, ignorant and racist in nature.
there is nothing racist about it, its about wishing death to a tyrant no matter his color.

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 09:23 PM
When I made my last comment, I was under the impression that this was a group in the US. I should have read closer. For me, in that context, it seems much worse to depict a black US president with a noose around his neck. Now that I know that this took place in a country that has suffered mass destruction by the US, it seems more acceptable. I guess I really need to ask myself why it should make a difference? I guess because now I realize that this is not racially motivated. I really shouldn't type when I've been drinking I guess.

I'm thinking the same thing. Now I feel dumb. @specsaregood Touche my friend touche. I concede.

RiseAgainst
02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. Now I feel dumb. @specsaregood Touche my friend touche. I concede.

You're heart was in the right place, I like your style (and your avatar). Welcome.

moderate libertarian
03-11-2012, 05:57 AM
They are basically saying they hate the leader of America for what has happened.

Based on photo of Obama Drudge has headlined today, doesn't look like "leader of America" is too concerned.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/GFrB_JVLHGSEknh6OJHyyg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDM7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/TRWas6276288.jpg

moderate libertarian
04-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Looks like tensions are rising again in that part of the world despite years of freedom efforts:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/anti-americanism-in-pakistan-snarls-us-efforts-to-wind-down-10-year-afghan-war/2012/04/03/gIQA9V8FtS_story.html

brushfire
04-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Based on photo of Obama Drudge has headlined today, doesn't look like "leader of America" is too concerned.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/GFrB_JVLHGSEknh6OJHyyg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDM7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/afp.com/TRWas6276288.jpg

The image of a pompous a$$...

NewRightLibertarian
04-04-2012, 11:10 PM
The image of a pompous a$$...

The face of a tyrant. I will work that future generations see this man as America's Hitler.

BlackTerrel
04-04-2012, 11:51 PM

To deny that there is a racial statement in this is to be willfully ignorant.

moderate libertarian
04-05-2012, 04:28 PM
To deny that there is a racial statement in this is to be willfully ignorant.

This is heppening in a foreign land where they hang even today people convicted of murder apparently. Likely people in an asian country would not be aware of historic US black-white racial violence tactics. Even if some of them did, it could be completely clouded by fog of war.

Let's clarify your simplistic assertion through a hypothetical scenario. Suppose there was treaty between US and Afghan governments that if an American engaged in pre-meditated massacre of civilians or children or women, he/she will be handed over for trial to Afghan people in the city where massacre took place. Now assume Sgt Bales implicated in recent civilians massacre had skin color similar to that of Obama and had been convicted in an Afghan court. Following their local justice system, Afghan people hang the convicted soldier who had same skin shade as Obama. Would you see a racial statement in that act?

On a different note, a question to understand your world view. Did you see any racial statement in recent US invasion of Iraq?

HOLLYWOOD
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
It's been going on for years the protests, the US government Bribes and buys foreign governments, nations, regimes, with our tax dollars. Oh the same go to Bombing, Destroying, and killing across the globe.

http://archives.dawn.com/2006/01/16/images/top01.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/04/22/pakistan.drone.strike/t1larg.pakistan.drone.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00886/pakistan-460_886025c.jpg

http://afp.google.com/media/ALeqM5imQqYte3Dy1x7-fEI2gtnduN0KRg?size=m

http://outofcentralasianow.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/pallets-of-100-dollar-bills.jpg?w=450&h=300

BlackTerrel
04-05-2012, 08:44 PM
This is heppening in a foreign land where they hang even today people convicted of murder apparently. Likely people in an asian country would not be aware of historic US black-white racial violence tactics. Even if some of them did, it could be completely clouded by fog of war.

Let's clarify your simplistic assertion through a hypothetical scenario. Suppose there was treaty between US and Afghan governments that if an American engaged in pre-meditated massacre of civilians or children or women, he/she will be handed over for trial to Afghan people in the city where massacre took place. Now assume Sgt Bales implicated in recent civilians massacre had skin color similar to that of Obama and had been convicted in an Afghan court. Following their local justice system, Afghan people hang the convicted soldier who had same skin shade as Obama. Would you see a racial statement in that act?

On a different note, a question to understand your world view. Did you see any racial statement in recent US invasion of Iraq?

Then why the fuck did you start this thread then?

You do it to get a rise out of people and then you say there's nothing to be upset about. In that case it is a pointless thread isn't it?

MaxPower
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Saddam isn't black.
And here we once again arrive in the warped world where treating people the same regardless of race is racist, while giving some people special treatment on account of race is not.

I don't approve of the "noose-around-the-neck" imagery because I don't approve of hangings. This silly racial hypersensitivity thing just has to stop, though; they would have done the same thing for any American president who was behind policies that were ravaging their countries. It has nothing to do with his being black, and frenetic hand-wringing over the subject is unjustified and pointless.

moderate libertarian
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
BlackTerrel , does "Black" in Black Terrel announces skin color? If so, I'll leave it here.

BlackTerrel
04-07-2012, 04:40 PM
BlackTerrel , does "Black" in Black Terrel announces skin color? If so, I'll leave it here.

No it's the color of my socks.

Do you plan on answering why you started the thread and then 30 posts later said it was completely irrelevant?

moderate libertarian
04-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Well try to stick to civil language if you want to have a debate. I never said this thread was irrelevant, underlying war crimes that this news relates to are more relevant than zimmerman martin race wars for example.

azxd
04-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Then why the fuck did you start this thread then?

You do it to get a rise out of people and then you say there's nothing to be upset about. In that case it is a pointless thread isn't it?It's a knee jerk idiot response that is desired, and some are more than willing to toss this nation under the bus to get it.

Like I said before, using different words, who cares what another countries people are doing ... If they're not attacking us, get over it.

moderate libertarian
04-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Like I said before, using different words, who cares what another countries people are doing ... If they're not attacking us, get over it.

People in Iraq did not attack us but that ofcource did not stop greed,revenge,racism lobbies to launch a mother of all blunders. What if we are attacking them and innocent children,women, men are being killed? What about increased risk of blow backs in future?

TSA groping of private body parts of Americans daughters, sons is just one example in plain site that demonstrates that what other countries people do matters as long as we are interventionists.

azxd
04-08-2012, 07:05 AM
People in Iraq did not attack us but that ofcource did not stop greed,revenge,racism lobbies to launch a mother of all blunders. What if we are attacking them and innocent children,women, men are being killed? What about increased risk of blow backs in future?

TSA groping of private body parts of Americans daughters, sons is just one example in plain site that demonstrates that what other countries people do matters as long as we are interventionists.Who are you blaming, and what's this have to do with ... "Human Rights Network" protestors carry Obama mask with a noose around its neck ?

moderate libertarian
04-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Who are you blaming, and what's this have to do with ... "Human Rights Network" protestors carry Obama mask with a noose around its neck ?

Who is to be blamed for a bad foreign policy that causes needless bloodbath around the world and that has resulted in recent wars based on lies, greed, revenge, racism - we all are morally responsible as politicians are reflection of the masses.

But under ICC or US war crimes laws, usually just low ranking enlisted men would be held accountable when innocent civilians are killed and get publicized. There was a recent discussin asking Int/US body would have jurisdiction to try a POTUS accused of war crimes, I think answer was determined to be none.