PDA

View Full Version : Indoctrinating children to be used to always being watched

Mortikhi
11-13-2007, 07:53 AM
http://wcbstv.com/technology/surveillance.demarest.cameras.2.565939.html
Surveillance cameras rolling inside our local schools is nothing new, but what's taking place inside Demarest's public schools is truly cutting edge: a live feed from more than two dozen cameras with a direct connection to the police.

It's an expensive, but effective tool that could be a sign of the times with an increase in school shootings over the years.

Once they get the youth accustomed to being watched all the time, they will put them on street corners, in office buildings, and everywhere else can expect to get away with it.

We are becoming Britain.

angelatc
11-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Chicago's mayor already tried to pass a law that would mandate all buildings, public and private, have exterior cameras. Not sure if it passed or not.

There's a whole lot of people that adhere to the "if you're not doing anything wrong then it shouldn't matter to you" mentality though. I personally find that hard to counter.

TheEvilDetector
11-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Chicago's mayor already tried to pass a law that would mandate all buildings, public and private, have exterior cameras. Not sure if it passed or not.

There's a whole lot of people that adhere to the "if you're not doing anything wrong then it shouldn't matter to you" mentality though. I personally find that hard to counter.

"If I am not doing anything wrong, then why are you watching me?"

johngr
11-13-2007, 08:26 AM
"If I am not doing anything wrong, then why are you watching me?"

If I am doing something "wrong" what business is it of yours?