PDA

View Full Version : I want to run for a political position in MA

Massachusetts
02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I was hoping that you guys could give me some useful information, tips, pointers, facts.

Aratus
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
the state legislature here has both a senate and a house. the mass gov site has information about running for office.
the ten democrats are being reduced down to nine if there is no effective GOP challenge for a house seat and you
must be 25 to be in the d.c house of representatives and 30 to serve in the u.s senate. if you win at the local level
you can think about challenging one of our nine democrats in less than a few year's time. i feel it pays to think ahead.

Massachusetts
02-27-2012, 08:43 AM
That is what I was thinking as well. I'm thinking ahead for sure, not just in the immediate future.

Aratus
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
if i take on john kerry and sound rEVOLUTIOn inspired, are you game?
i'm thinking low budget internet campaign. our local GOP is a joke and
until scott brown won teddy's seat, they were pittied by the d.c crowd.

Keith and stuff
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Here is some information on running for State Rep :)

How to Become a Pro-liberty State Representative
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?471-How-to-Become-a-Pro-liberty-State-Representative

NoOneButPaul
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I was hoping that you guys could give me some useful information, tips, pointers, facts.

I'm still too new to know how to give +Rep but...

+Rep

If you see my sig you'll know where I stand... Even if you don't win you can spread the message all across the state and lay the groundwork for a victory down the line for yourself or someone with similar beliefs.

God's Speed!

well_met_sir
02-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Where in Massachusetts? I am from there. I might be able to get you a couple of votes.

Massachusetts
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Here is some information on running for State Rep :)

How to Become a Pro-liberty State Representative
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?471-How-to-Become-a-Pro-liberty-State-Representative

Thanks! I'll check it out!

if i take on john kerry and sound rEVOLUTIOn inspired, are you game?
i'm thinking low budget internet campaign. our local GOP is a joke and
until scott brown won teddy's seat, they were pittied by the d.c crowd.

Wait, what are you suggesting here? I'm a bit confused :lol:

I'm still too new to know how to give +Rep but...

+Rep

If you see my sig you'll know where I stand... Even if you don't win you can spread the message all across the state and lay the groundwork for a victory down the line for yourself or someone with similar beliefs.

God's Speed!

I love it and agree with your signature wholeheartedly.

Where in Massachusetts? I am from there. I might be able to get you a couple of votes.

Central MA

Aratus
02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
right now we have jon golnik taking on rep. niki tsongas and he comes across sorta like sean bielat.
http://www.jongolnik.com/blog/archives/201201 if we do not run someone in the GOP primary even
with his ties to our local politicians, he is way better positioned for the fall run moneywise becuz he
will have an uphill climb. jim ogonowski did very good when he got 41% of the vote from my district.

AltDelegate
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Willing to talk to Liberty folks in MA about the ins/outs of running. Go to www.libertyclubhouse.org and send me a message, and we can meet.
I'm in Central Mass too.

Tips,
Start early, know what you're doing, work your tail off productively.
Know how many votes it takes to win, and where you intend to get them.

Elections are won by votes, not ideas.

--Brad

J. W. Evans
03-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Well, as I told you over chat, I've ran for local office there twice and one thing I learned the most is that you need to be in a constant never-ending flux of talking to people, which is the hardest thing to do. You can do that, you're absolutely golden.

If you get serious about when you would want to do it, we could all meet over at the libertyclubhouse and sit down to discuss where you want to go and how you'd like to get there.

Aratus
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
methinks he starts here, meets right up with & talks to our local MA meet~ups + caucus people,
gets involved in a campaign or two on the '14 bi-election before dr. rand or dr. ron runs in 2016
an' then really looks at what the potentialities are, all the while being on a quiet learning curve.
he is young, but over time he just might have the total 100% focus to get on a ballot or two!!!
if he gets to the GOP convention after tampa he then can run for a house seat hypothetically!

Massachusetts
03-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Well, as I told you over chat, I've ran for local office there twice and one thing I learned the most is that you need to be in a constant never-ending flux of talking to people, which is the hardest thing to do. You can do that, you're absolutely golden.

If you get serious about when you would want to do it, we could all meet over at the libertyclubhouse and sit down to discuss where you want to go and how you'd like to get there.

This would be great. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet this Saturday at the delegate informational/training session? First things first I plan on going to that.

It is great to have this as a starting place though. There are so many people committed to liberty just in Massachusetts alone.

bronxboy10
03-04-2012, 05:57 PM
This would be great. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet this Saturday at the delegate informational/training session? First things first I plan on going to that.

It is great to have this as a starting place though. There are so many people committed to liberty just in Massachusetts alone.

Yes, I think that is a great idea. Today was my first day at Liberty Clubhouse, it was a pleasure to meet such a great group of people! I'll be there next week as well.