PDA

View Full Version : Saw TMOT's band play, Hope for GA

TheGrinch
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Saw TMOT's band play today at the Marietta, GA (metro Atlanta) rally. BTW, why do you guys call him TMOT? For those of you unfamiliar, it's the "angry" black guy Paul supporter that makes Youtube videos and has become somewhat of a RP celebrity. He stuck around for the lunch/meeting afterwards too, but I had to leave before I got a chance to meet him.

Turnout was great, several hundred with plenty from all ages and races, all without Dr. Paul even making an appearance (and I know that's not nearly all of the supporters, hard and soft support around here).

TMOT plays the bass and his guitar player is pretty incredible, playing mostly Hendrix tunes. They also did some ACDC, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Tom Petty. Along with the bluegrass band earlier it was great music that wouldn't offend anyone's ears either, and the speakers were excellent too. Cobb County is definitely very well represented, and the atmosphere at the rally was definitely unlike anything you'll see at a Mitt Romney rally.

And all this in a state where we're "polling" at 4%. I think we're going to find out who's apathetic on election day, and it isn't going to be us Ron Paul Georgians!

There is also much support to tap into up at UGA, so me and some fellow alums will be helping take on the apathy with a GOTV there to well exceed expectations here, assuming no shenanigans. The Georgia GOP has played nice so far, but this thing is far from over, so we're gonna keep plugging. No state is a lost cause!

(Edited to add 50 minutes of footage from the rallies thanks to DRFilms!)

Part 1: Montage, speakers and music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE6h6XTwqUU

Part 2: TMOT speaks and gets down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0SG4U_n-8&hd=1

TheGrinch
02-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh, and I'll be checking with the GA Ron Paul group to see if anyone got a good recording of the performance, and will post it in the OP when I do.

Len Larson
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I thought he was: "The Minister Of Truth" ?

TheGrinch
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Updated with video of The Axis Experience (turns out they are a Hendrix tribute band) playing today. Unfortunately the crowd shot at the end looks kind of weak because everyone was spread out and had started to leave by this the last song, but it really was a great event that turned some onlooker's heads..

TheGrinch
02-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Okay, I'm not expecting many ot care about our little rally in the big scheme of things, but if you're interested, here's 25 minutes from the rally today, and this is just part 1! Never ceases to impress me the dedication of some in this movement, someone already got together this long highlight vid of the speeches and music, with a montage at the beginning and everything already! TMOT's speech and music should be in part 2 whenever he releases that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE6h6XTwqUU

PursuePeace
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Nice! Thanks for posting this.

DRFilms
02-26-2012, 11:45 PM
I just uploaded part two. (I'm DandRFilms1 on Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0SG4U_n-8&hd=1

TheGrinch
02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I just uploaded part two. (I'm DandRFilms1 on Youtube)

+rep. I couldn't believe there was this long and well-edited of a video so soon after the rally. Kudos to you good sir or madame!

DRFilms
02-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks... I wouldn't call it "well" edited... edited yes.... heh... It's okay. Gets the job done for a quick edit. And it's Sir. Michael Dontigney.

Part two has the crazy guy in black during their fabulous "Highway to Paul" rendition. haha

TheGrinch
02-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Thanks... I wouldn't call it "well" edited... edited yes.... heh... It's okay. Gets the job done for a quick edit. And it's Sir. Michael Dontigney.

Part two has the crazy guy in black during their fabulous "Highway to Paul" rendition. haha
I'm a videographer myself, so no, if this took you days you hang your head in shame, but ot even get it edited down that much with a montage at the beginning and some good segways, and get it up that quick, is incredibly impressive.

I posted it in the Cobb County facebook group and Bill Greene, one of the speakers loved it! Great job!

DRFilms
02-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks a bunch!