PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Santorum says he doesn't believe in separation of church and state

PolicyReader
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-says-doesnt-believe-separation-church-state-164307440.html

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum said Sunday that he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, adding that he was sickened by John F. Kennedy's assurances to Baptist ministers 52 years ago that he would not impose his Catholic faith on them.

SpiritOf1776_J4
02-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Baptist leaders fyi have apparently been traditionally behind the concerns of separation of church and state. Thomas Jefferson also wrote his letter about separation of church and state to a baptist group like the above example, and Roger Williams wrote the original works on no persecution for cause of conscience as a baptist leader, and became known as the father of religious liberty.

It's an important concept, and it would be a shame for certain religious groups that are intolerant to overthrow it.

czarinaB
02-27-2012, 02:09 AM
I honor Santorum for that. The church and state must be united and work in unison to serve the people.

Cabal
02-27-2012, 02:58 AM
I honor Santorum for that. The church and state must be united and work in unison to serve the people.

Which church? Yours? Mine? His? Which church should be united with the State in a world, and country, of many religions, faiths, beliefs, and indeed churches?

The United States is not a theocracy, nor should it be.

idiom
02-27-2012, 03:17 AM
The Church of the Latter Day Saints of course. What other church is there?