PDA

View Full Version : Reason.com and the Philly rally

Sematary
11-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Enjoy!

http://reason.com/news/show/123454.html

brandon
11-13-2007, 07:57 AM
The afternoon rolled in on Philadelphia's Independence Mall, Ron Paul supporters kept streaming onto the green, and a Temple University student named Matt Sullivan stalked the crowd handing out flyers. The headline: "Think you know what RON PAUL stands for?" The text: Four paragraphs from a 1992 edition of the Ron Paul Political Report, the issue with an essay about 95 percent of black males being criminals.

I goto Temple University. I will find this guy and talk to him.

brandon
11-13-2007, 09:04 AM
I got Matt Sullivan's E-mail address. Do you think it is worth contacting him? I am mostly interested to see if he is being paid to do this. I also would like to clarify the "racist" newsletter to him.

Should I do it, or just forget about this guy?

BrianKelly
11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
I believe this is the same guy my brother went over to talk to. My brother just asked what he was doing because he saw the newsletter he was handing out and he took off. Probably not worth it.

Flirple
11-15-2007, 12:04 AM
I got Matt Sullivan's E-mail address. Do you think it is worth contacting him? I am mostly interested to see if he is being paid to do this. I also would like to clarify the "racist" newsletter to him.

Should I do it, or just forget about this guy?

Talk to him. Ask him if he'll meet you over coffee or something. If he refuses and is difficult to deal with than let it go. But I really think it is worthwhile to reach out to him. You may find his motives are honest and he just needs some guidance.

Keep us posted.

20cc0
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
WOw, this is very intriguing. I think we should follow up on this...
Also to Dr. Paul's credit, this newsletter thingy is probably the only thing they can throw at him. I've encountered it in a few places. Not a big deal. but also, let's see if this guy's a hillary stooge.

Primbs
11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Very good write up. It captured the moment.