PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Radio COLORADO ,GREAT WORK FORUM MEMBERS,

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
I would Like to THANK Freelance, LordXar,and LibertyEagle for helping me create this ad. I would like to thank all the forum members who helped with input.If i had 1 minute ads we could really open up,but we are working with 30 seconds and i believe this ad will appeal to registered republicans but also catch the attention of everyday voters as well.
We raised the money for the radio ads which will run near the end of November,the minute ksmt radio has a finished product. I will post on this forum for all to hear.I'm really proud to have found this forum and all the good people here that i have met,that i dont even know. If this is successful then i hope we can plan more ads across colorado. Once again thanks from all the donors and our 3 members who helped me with this process and all the Ron Paul Supporters that also gave input.,thanks kenny griffin aka DJ KBK
FINAL 30 second ad/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Government has been hijacked by special interests. Will you wait until there’s no Constitution left?

Presidential Candidate Ron Paul must win the Colorado Republican Caucuses to Restore our Constitution.

Dr. Ron Paul will
Bring America’s Troops Home
Build a strong national defense.
Abolish the Income Tax, so you keep the money you earn!
and restore our states rights

Join the Snowboarders/Skiers for RonPaulSummit.com for Eagle, Summit and Lake County. Visit RonPaulSummit.com for details.
Join us November 29th at 6:00 p.m. at Los Amigo in Vail Village.

Apathy is their weapon. Get Involved! RonPaulSummit.com

Disclaimer…Paid for by Kenny Griffin,106 e 10th st,Leadville Co 80461(719-293-2079),and not authorized by any candidate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE the website isnt up yet but it will be a site that will promote www.ronpaul2008.com and our coloradoblog site for ron paul as well as our local info for caucuses and precinct maps and what people need to do etc etc....plus we can track the hits thru the radio ad.

(once i have an audio track ill ad,so people can save it ,if they like, THANK YOU ONCE again to everyone that helped and the donations to help get this on the radio.)

If you know anyone in Colorado feel free to get involved with our first meetup/fundraiser,, the date on the ad might be one week after nov 29th but that lil change will be posted,so the date is tentative. Have them join our meetup.com group 876

This shows what one person can do with a lil help:) This speaks volumes of our supporters for RON PAUL
PS If anyone knows any famous people willing to help a jan fundraiser or late december fundraiser in the vail/beaver creek area,please im me on this forum thanks ,wheres lil jon when you need him;) Snap Yo Fingers For RON PAUL:) please bump this so all forum members can see the great work that Freelance/Liberty Eagle and Lord Xar This FEELS SO GOOD

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Ok,might do some tweeking,im looking for a simple url to include in ad so people can rsvp for meetup meeting and get more info so we can use one url 3 times in ad,good suggestion,so we are still tweeking the ad ,work is never done sigh,more suggestions but the main part of ad is to stay,gonna have my wife check on some urls for ronpaulsummit or something really simple anyone have any simple urls that they might have that would work for the co mtns???

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Anyone own any simple urls like ronpaulfreedom ex? want to use a url to combine the national site /meetup and a simple url for radio ad? anyone own some ron paul urls that i might be able to use,gonna look to see whats left in a lil

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Kenny,

Please go back to the ad that Freelance sent to you.

This new version that you posted above is not what we sent you and the way that it is now, is not nearly as good.

Why did you change it? What happened?

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 09:39 AM
the only thing that changed so far is i put one sentence in front for more edginess? this is the original with changes,but i did move the one line to the top so it would grab peoples attention.

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 09:43 AM
there has been a good suggestion to make one url so that the local people can remember if we mention 3 times so instead of trying to mention meetup.com and group number etc we can mention one url 3 times then people hearing it will check,so im developing a websitethat will tie in ronpauls website main and colorado blog main site for colorado ron paul and the meetup.com page,so people will get it all at once from a radio url that will also be printed in papers here under events for free that will also be included in the grassroots story leslie a friend of mine is doing for the local paper;0

ANYONE HAVE ANY SIMPLE RONPAUL URLS they arent using need a simple one so people will hear it and come in colorado mtns area,

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 09:47 AM
the only thing that changed so far is i put one sentence in front for more edginess? this is the original with changes,but i did move the one line to the top so it would grab peoples attention.

It changes the ad quite a bit, Kenny, and not in a good way. :(

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 09:58 AM
It changes the ad quite a bit, Kenny, and not in a good way. :(

but it will be the edge that gets it heard loudand clear on the radio and probaly more coverage and it will be positive ,i know this area,they dont like what the feds are doing to our forest and mining and generally anything with the federal government so it will be positive and get the message thru loud and clear but nicely.

I'm in the works for a ronpaul site where it will give our locals info so they cant get involved with the local gop and include our colorado blog site which has all the front range groups info and chatting,along with ron pauls main website only thing changing in the ad now is maybe the line where i say snowboarders and skier for ron paul to free time up for this website so everyone will have a simple site to go to for all the sites about ronpaul. but the rest of the ad makes the points,but we have to inform them somehow in depth(about causcuses,no time in ad ) so im working on a website,do you know anyone with access to ronpaulfreedom or any simple site thats easy to remember hearing on radio,plus this getting print coverage as well;) ANY URL i can use anyone own a good ronpaul url?

I understand your concern, but local republicans i know want for worse then that,so i have stuck to the original ad but moved one line up so far and my feet are already to the fire on this ad already,i like the ad alot,so i think its ok ,compared to suggestions i have gotten from local gop ron paul supporters, this is perfect. If i showed you the ads from local gop ron paul supporters your mouth would drop so trust me this is just fine,i can im you the other ads ,but they are pretty revolutionary ,i know they would fly but ronpaulforums would have a stroke overthem;) so this is really tame to them and some of the donors who gave for ad.

for example one wanted to use the george w bush quote its just a goddamn piece of paper and that was tame ;) referring to the constitution then go into the ad. so please trust me;0 im holding back on this ad like you never knew.

Mark Rushmore
11-13-2007, 10:05 AM
While withholding any comment on the ad in general, I would point out that:

Ron Paul Will...Abolish the Income Tax and keep the money you earn!

The closest that comes to logically parsing is that Ron Paul is going to keep the money the listener earns?

Perhaps "Abolish the Income Tax so YOU keep the money you've earned!"
Or "Abolish the IRS so YOU can keep the money you earn."

FWIW. I think people are more likely to hate the IRS than the income tax... being that the IRS represents the income tax but also bloated and inept bureaucracy.

My 2 cents.

freelance
11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Mark, we used IRS and a short and sweet sentence, but the forum committee overrode it. We can only make suggestions.

speciallyblend, if you won't list to LE and me, please wait for input from Lord Xar. He's the one who really KNOWS what he's doing. We only live to serve. He's the brains. ;)

LibertyEagle
11-13-2007, 10:15 AM
for example one wanted to use the george w bush quote its just a goddamn piece of paper and that was tame ;) referring to the constitution then go into the ad. so please trust me;0 im holding back on this ad like you never knew.

Well, you see, Kenny, it is my understanding that this supposed quote from Bush has been disproven. So, if you took this person's advice, we would look like complete asses if we used it in this ad. Just because a bunch of people want you to do something, does not mean it's a good thing to do.

We have a responsibility to be accurate in the grassroots ads that we run and make darn sure that they do not reflect poorly on this campaign. I've told you what I think. Freelance, who is the primary author of the ad that you asked to be written for you, also is concerned about the recent changes to the ad.

We have done all we can. :(

freelance
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Doug Thompson, the author of the article who wrote the phrase originally owns the site Capital Hill Blues. He admitted later that he didn't trust his source on that. He debunked his own "anonymous source," but certainly not in time to keep me using it all over the place! I'm outta here. Real work beckons...

Lord X, you gone underground today, or WHAT?

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 10:23 AM
everyone relax i havent done anything but line up one sentence above the rest,but the website idea isnt going to change the context of the ad, just changing the skiers and snowboard line with the website infor for our listeners in our area so they can get all the websites at once like a portal for ronpaul but for co mtns just need a simple url to use,but nothing has changed but the sentence being on top.
I am not planning on turning the ad in until wed or thursday once location of meet up is 100 percent firm.

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Well, you see, Kenny, it is my understanding that this supposed quote from Bush has been disproven. So, if you took this person's advice, we would look like complete asses if we used it in this ad. Just because a bunch of people want you to do something, does not mean it's a good thing to do.

We have a responsibility to be accurate in the grassroots ads that we run and make darn sure that they do not reflect poorly on this campaign. I've told you what I think. Freelance, who is the primary author of the ad that you asked to be written for you, also is concerned about the recent changes to the ad.

We have done all we can. :(

thats why its not in there and i didnt take his advice at all but the movement of this sentence doesnt change any context at all for the ad since its in the ad anyway it does make a firm statement that will grab a listeners attention,but it doenst change the context of the message or appeal ,im standing firm on this since most of the donors agree to keep it there in front,like i said.I thought about it and i understand your concerns but this statement is true its in the original you guys did ,so its not a drastic change it stays with in the context of the original ad. this is merging of 2 sides.If i had listened to the other side,then everyone would be having heart attacks,so in keeping to your wishes this is the change that i think all sides will have to agree on since its the original just with one sentence moved up to front for shock and awe effect if i must use a republicans words. im sorry if anyone is upset with mebut its a very minor change with a very powerful intro to get peoples attention,which is a must.

I'm focusing on a url website now the rest of the ad is going unchanged no matter what the donors say ,so im sticking up for your ad,please trust me thanks kenny PS i truly thank you for helping write the ad,what i need now is banner ads,graphics for the ron paul site we are developing the main ronpaul site will be the main focus then our local caucus meet up info and stuff.

I need a simple ronpaul url if someone has one ,if not gotta think of a simple one that isnt taken,sigh anyway the ad is GREAT and Thanks,im keeping the context of ad as is .. i will talk to lord xar ,but relax nothing is totally final yet but ill voice any concerns. I havent changed the context of ad ,other then first sentence moved up,Aftering hearing comments by many members in our meetup/donors. i would say i have stayed pretty firm on all 3 of your sides or you guys wouldbe huntng me down hehe teasin,but seriously i have stuck with the ad and agree its great,that one change is for the people of summit/eagle/lake county,i PROMISE you that one move will wake up people to listen to the message and it will be positive for the people here,since i know it will work. and it was already in the ad,so please trust me,i have been backing this ad up;)
shoud we use IRS or INCOME TAX thats something i have thought of changing ,any suggestions on that? we had irs in original then someone said income tax so i changed.

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
what is not accurate about moving the same sentence on the original up to the top verses in the middle,and how could that harm the campaign when your stating the same one line in both the original and the revised one which is the same sentenced moved up? i dont get it sorry thats the only thing that has been changed other then inserting the location of the meet up

is it becasue we want to use an emergency broadcast beep?

freelance
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
SB, if you want to move a sentence, that's fine. Just be careful about that GD piece of paper. It really was an inaccurate statement. I've been guilty of using the phrase, but that was before I saw Doug Thompson's retraction.

Here's my thinking on moving the sentence up. That sentence is loaded, which is fine. I've got nothing against smacking people to wake them up.

But, that's where I become confused. Attracting delegate types and attracting supporters is not necessarily the same thing. You need delegates. Delegate hopefuls do not walk into the GOP wearing ReLOVEution T-shirts, because they need to fly under the radar. The spot was sort of coded. It was meant to attract the "delegate type" in the beginning, and the part about the constitution being hi-jacked was sort of a little code to them to say, "Hey, we are definitely WITH THE PROGRAM. Don't worry about us! Wink WINK!"

You know the area and I do not. Whatever works for you guys, works for me. If you want to deviate from the script any further, please post here, and let at least one other pair of eyes see it, okay? It's always best to let someone else edit our work.

Best of luck getting us some delegates out there--that is, unless Colorado can figure out some way to go the way of FL or MI.

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 12:16 PM
already said iwasnt using that,even told liberty iwasnt i onl;y gave it as an example of what othwers wanted,NEVER SAID i was using it,so not sure where people got that idea.hmmm ,thanks freelance

freelance
11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Okay. I'm tired. I've been up all night. I may have missed that part. Sorry.

Now, go and get those delegates...

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
ok this is close to being done, waiting for more feedback;) ducks and hides behind the constitution