PDA

View Full Version : Nov 11th server stress test

troyd1
11-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Has anyone heard how the $10 stress test went? Did they get enough donations in an hour to have a valid test? I have not seen anything on this.

James R
11-13-2007, 07:42 AM
About the time I donated it was not enough for a good test. We needed at least 6,000 donations to make a good test in that hour. I didn't see the final number but it may have "only" been 1,000. At peak times the Nov 5th event got 3,000+ donors in one hour.

Thurston Howell III
11-13-2007, 07:44 AM
I don't think they experienced much stress. LOL

NinjaPirate
11-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Should we try another one?? :D

troyd1
11-13-2007, 08:23 AM
How about next Monday at a certain time? I think weekends for these online events is not very useful. I think that is why the 11th money bomb was not as good. If people are at work or at home after work they are more apt to be online and not unwinding/recovering from a long weekend. This is one thing that concerns me with the 16th, it is on a Sunday. It will be still be huge because of the support, but I think we are shortchanging ourselves by not pushing the fund raiser to Monday. My 2 cents. I think we should have a huge rally Sunday and donations on Monday. If we get 20-30 thousand people in Boston, the media will be going nut's on Monday and the donations will follow.

Naraku
11-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Should we try another one??

Yes, I actually proposed the idea of making a stress test into like a mini-money bomb at the end of November. The idea would be to coordinate with the Ron Paul Money Bomb that happens every week and try to meet their goal of 40,000 donors donating $25 in one hour. Someone actually suggest for the stress test to happen at the same time as their money bomb on Sunday, but it didn't happen.

That would serve as a good test for any eventuality on December 16th and still leave about 18 days for people to regain that money. There are enough people out there, I think, to do this and the Tea Party will still be able to beat $10 million easy. After all people only had about 18 days to raise money for November 5th before.

According to the Ron Paul Money Bomb site they already have about 2,000 people signed up.

Mark
11-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Has anyone heard how the $10 stress test went? Did they get enough donations in an hour to have a valid test? I have not seen anything on this.
I don't know.. but. there was a period last night when they upgraded servers ect..
and the website is a bit different now

davidhperry
11-13-2007, 09:24 AM
IF we wanted to do a stress test, the best way would be to get as many people as possible to hit the form submission button at the same time. For example, we could all go by our computer or cell phone clocks, which set automatically. That would be the most effective way to stress the system.

jd603
11-13-2007, 10:14 AM
This isn't needed, the 5th did a good stress test... Justine did get back to me a few minutes ago so I'll hopefully be setting up mirroring/load balancing for the web site (not final yet, they are probably googling me first, checking credentials, LOL). This should let us load-balance across two data centers if traffic becomes to heavy.

Ethek
11-13-2007, 10:21 AM
This is a vital piece of the campaign. Maybe the most important piece (besides Dr. Paul of course) As far as the hosting company I wonder how prep'd they are for the 15th and 16th. Maybe a tech on standby, that kind of thing. Might also be prudent to lookout for a possible DoS.