PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Santorum benefits from mistaken religious identity

JJ2
02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SANTORUM_RELIGIOUS_VOTERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-02-25-03-40-48

This is exactly what I had gathered. Probably most evangelical Republicans think that Santorum is an evangelical Protestant, not a lifelong Catholic.

alucard13mmfmj
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Voting based on a person's religious affiliation and race... The majority of this country stinks =S.

No way in hell a muslim, buddhist, hindu, other religions, or even an atheist can be president... because the most of the population wont vote for candidates with "exotic" religions. Do you think people will vote for an asian Ron Paul? a muslim Ron Paul? a hindu Ron Paul? =| Probably not.

This is why mormons rally around Romney.. because its their chance to get their religion out there and for romney to maybe help them out. If there was an asian candidate (im asian) and Ron Paul wasn't around, sadly there could be a chance that I would rally around the asian.

A lot of my chinese friends are crazed about this basketball player, Jeremy Lin.. Its like "WAH WAH WAH He's asian bro!!!... Represent!"
I am like "Really?.. He is just like any other person."

I guess what I want to say is that people tend to stick around or support people who are "like" them.

I heard that Rand Paul was accused of worshipping Aqua Buddha when he was running for senate... So?... I am glad that people saw through the lies and/or it didnt matter what he worshipped.

SpiritOf1776_J4
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Voting based on a person's religious affiliation and race... The majority of this country stinks =S.

There is an undercurrent in the Roman Catholic church that believes in forcing people to convert or be killed. They are the ones that caused the crusades, the inquisitions, and the Holy Roman empire itself. Roman Catholicism never gave up the idea that the pope is the supreme ruler of the world, and that is the part Santorum believes in.

The original poster is right to mention it, since Santorum is part of the belief that you can force people to be of your faith. Santorum is a supporter of Opus Dei, which is another "conservative" Catholic organization that has been responsible for the overthrow of at least three governments based on exactly this idea.

If your religion believes in using force to accomplish your goals, there is every reason to mention it. In fact, it ought to be published everywhere as a warning.

South Park Fan
02-26-2012, 03:17 PM
How ironic that the only Protestant running for President is the only candidate who has enough integrity not to use such a meaningless issue to his advantage.