PDA

View Full Version : MSM Calls Ron Paul Front-Runner!

Rob
11-13-2007, 05:33 AM
The tide is turning folks. I just say this yesterday as it was #1 on Google News for Ron Paul for a little while. According to the US News & World Report Ron Paul is no longer a "long-shot candidate." The article is strikingly objective and reports on relevant information.

Enjoy!

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2007/11/12/ron-paul-finds-fans-in-cradle-of-liberty.html

Lil Jon
11-13-2007, 05:37 AM
Yeeeeah!

That's exciting!

derdy
11-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Yeeeeah!

That's exciting!

Lil' John is in da house everyone! :p

derdy
11-13-2007, 05:47 AM
The tide is turning folks. I just say this yesterday as it was #1 on Google News for Ron Paul for a little while. According to the US News & World Report Ron Paul is no longer a "long-shot candidate." The article is strikingly objective and reports on relevant information.

Enjoy!

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2007/11/12/ron-paul-finds-fans-in-cradle-of-liberty.html

That was a pretty good artilce. Can ayone that was at Philly confirm or deny the statement in the article, he gave a speech touching on topics as diverse as how he would use the executive order to the legalization of marijuana.

I asked Rand Paul about him implementing his policies using executive orders and he said the only executive order that Dr. Paul would use is repeal every executive order before it.

I've also heard of him decriminalizing marijuana on the federal level, but legalizing it for the by executive order. That's new to me.

foofighter20x
11-13-2007, 05:51 AM
That was a pretty good artilce. Can ayone that was at Philly confirm or deny the statement in the article, he gave a speech touching on topics as diverse as how he would use the executive order to the legalization of marijuana.

I asked Rand Paul about him implementing his policies using executive orders and he said the only executive order that Dr. Paul would use is repeal every executive order before it.

I've also heard of him decriminalizing marijuana on the federal level, but legalizing it for the by executive order. That's new to me.

You misread...

Think of it this way: from A ... to ... B, ok?

he gave a speech touching on topics as diverse as how he would use the executive order ... to ... the legalization of marijuana

foofighter20x
11-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Now that it reread it again, I wonder if that was done by the writer intentionally as a subliminal message... Hmmm...

Eric21ND
11-13-2007, 06:03 AM
wow! awesome article. now that is something to email your friends!!!

derdy
11-13-2007, 06:07 AM
You misread...

Think of it this way: from A ... to ... B, ok?

I see. It is a little strange to put those together like that. Maybe I'm just tired?:o

speciallyblend
11-13-2007, 06:15 AM
lil jon ,no way?? has to be someone posing as lil jon haha funny,but anyway if it is lil jon,the ladies love to poll dance in vail to lil jon;0 peace kenny aka DJ KBK(kind bud kenny)

snap yo fingers;)

stewie3128
11-13-2007, 06:21 AM
In the past few days, we've had huge fundraising, a great article in a major magazine, announcement of an upcoming full page ad on the busiest travel day of the year in USAToday... this thing might just have legs!

Now if we could only get those pesky little IL and VA crises taken care of... and the MI delegate and NY date stupidity...

wealeat
11-13-2007, 06:48 AM
I don't recall him speaking about marijuana, but I also listened to the rally as I was going to sleep the other night.

foofighter20x
11-13-2007, 06:51 AM
lil jon ,no way?? has to be someone posing as lil jon haha funny,but anyway if it is lil jon,the ladies love to poll dance in vail to lil jon;0 peace kenny aka DJ KBK(kind bud kenny)

snap yo fingers;)

Yeah... I wonder who that could be...
psst... it's me

Sematary
11-13-2007, 06:53 AM

He said exactly what Rand said. I never heard him say he would use the executive order to legalize marijuana. I don't know where they got that from.

RCA
11-13-2007, 06:58 AM
"MSM Calls Ron Paul Front-Runner!"

Please try to avoid misleading titles. First of all, the MSM includes all of the major media outlets in the country. Secondly, no where in the article did they say "front-runner".

brandon
11-13-2007, 07:47 AM
[I]he gave a speech touching on topics as diverse as how he would use the executive order to the legalization of marijuana.

The way this sentence is written is somewhat misleading, but it is still accurate.What the writter was trying to say is "Paull talked about topics ranging from the use of executive orders all the way to the legalization of marijuana"

Not sure if I cleared it up to much. Basically, Paul talked about both executive orders and marijuana. But he never said he would use the executive order in any way relating to the legalization of marijuana.

RonPaulCult
11-13-2007, 10:24 AM
The way this sentence is written is somewhat misleading, but it is still accurate.What the writter was trying to say is "Paull talked about topics ranging from the use of executive orders all the way to the legalization of marijuana"

Not sure if I cleared it up to much. Basically, Paul talked about both executive orders and marijuana. But he never said he would use the executive order in any way relating to the legalization of marijuana.

That really sucks because I read it the wrong way the first time and MOST people that read it are going to see it the wrong way.

This is one of those things that people will use against him too even though he NEVER SAID IT

Rob
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
"MSM Calls Ron Paul Front-Runner!"

Please try to avoid misleading titles. First of all, the MSM includes all of the major media outlets in the country. Secondly, no where in the article did they say "front-runner".

Well obviously the entire "MSM" hasn't unanimously agreed that Ron Paul is a front runner, you wouldn't need a post to read about it on a forum if it happened. Also, the media is very simple-minded, they generally can only comprehend 2 possible categories for everything. A policy is either a failure or a success, a person is either honest or dishonest, a candidate is either a Republican or Democrat, etc.

If you're not a long-shot then you're a front runner.

Zydeco
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I see. It is a little strange to put those together like that. Maybe I'm just tired?:o

ah, I misread that, too. It is poorly worded.