PDA

View Full Version : NOBP People - Who Did You Vote For in 2008?

tbone717
02-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Most of the folks here have stated that they will not support the GOP nominee if it is not Ron Paul. Out of curiosity, if you feel this way, who did you vote for in 2008?

I voted for Baldwin. Please bump or comment after voting.

Thanks.

Brett85
02-25-2012, 12:12 PM
McCain, although I wish I would've voted for Baldwin. He was a great candidate.

MelissaWV
02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Most of the folks here have stated that they will not support the GOP nominee if it is not Ron Paul. Out of curiosity, if you feel this way, who did you vote for in 2008?

Thanks.

I voted for Ron at the State GOP Convention, and kept fighting for him all the way through. That much smaller gruop of people did the best they could, and now there are enough people for a stand to be worthwhile. If Ron is not the GOP nominee, though, I would settle for "anyone but the GOP nominee" being a respectable choice, since it would set up a run in 2016 by one of our current liberty candidates.

Romney and Obama are two of the same. All a Romney win would do is tarnish the elephant and lose the support of sheep who would be angry enough to vote anti-Democrat based on the four ruinous years we are surely sailing into.

Then again, Ron is still in this, and doing fairly well. This poll is as premature as all the "who will be Ron's VP?" threads.

dagnybell
02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul

Highstreet
02-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul

Add this to the poll!!

Bruno
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Wrote in Ron Paul, as I will this year if it comes to that.

Curious why that wasn't an obvious poll option.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 12:17 PM
This poll is as premature as all the "who will be Ron's VP?" threads.

It demonstrates whether or not a NOBP contingency can have a real impact or not. If someone voted for McCain in 08, but will not vote for the nominee in 12 it is a lost vote for the GOP, but if someone like myself voted for Baldwin in 08 that is not a net loss for the GOP.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Wrote in Ron Paul, as I will this year if it comes to that.

Curious why that wasn't an obvious poll option.

I put the candidates that had ballot access in a majority of states. Paul was only on the ballot in MT and LA and eligible for write in in CA. Other states were he was written in technically did not count, so any of his would go into other just as candidates such as Charles Jay or Alan Keyes would (since they also had very limited ballot access).

MelissaWV
02-25-2012, 12:22 PM
It demonstrates whether or not a NOBP contingency can have a real impact or not. If someone voted for McCain in 08, but will not vote for the nominee in 12 it is a lost vote for the GOP, but if someone like myself voted for Baldwin in 08 that is not a net loss for the GOP.

And you're going to find this out by posting a poll on Ron Paul Forums...

How scientific? :confused:

Why even worry about this? Moreover, the GOP will make its decision based upon the actual, demonstrated support out there this time around for Ron Paul, not based on converts. There are quite a lot of people who've been converted into non-votes by the tone and length of this process so far.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 12:26 PM
And you're going to find this out by posting a poll on Ron Paul Forums...

How scientific? :confused:

Why even worry about this? Moreover, the GOP will make its decision based upon the actual, demonstrated support out there this time around for Ron Paul, not based on converts. There are quite a lot of people who've been converted into non-votes by the tone and length of this process so far.

Then have a mod kill it - I really don't care

donnay
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Other. I wrote-in Dr. Paul. I do not care how the establishment has it set up. I will vote for no one but Paul again. Any other vote would be a wasted vote!!

Jingles
02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I was too young at the time so I couldn't vote. At the time I would have voted for McCain I must shamefully admit (I even had a McCain/Palin sticker on my car. My god, I was young and dumb). I didn't discover Ron Paul, liberty, etc... until directly after the 2008 general election occurred.

Icymudpuppy
02-25-2012, 12:42 PM
RP endorsed Chuck Baldwin. I voted for Chuck, as that is what RP wanted us to do.

Brett85
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Then have a mod kill it - I really don't care

Don't worry about it. I like your poll.

Voluntary Man
02-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Baldwin.

Voted for Paul in the primary.

Would've voted for Paul, if he'd been on the general ballot.

ronpaulfollower999
02-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Too young but would've voted for Baldwin (did in my High School's mock election).

bizz
02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Other - I wrote in Paul. I followed Paul through out the 07-08 primary but was still going to vote McSame in the General. Then TARP happened, that was my wake up call. Said a big FU to the Republican party and wrote in Ron.
If Ron doesn't get the nod this time I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I do know I won't vote for Mitt or Frothy, I'll probably write in RP agian or vote for Gary Johnson if he gets the Libertarian nomination.

PolicyReader
02-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Thanks.
I put "other" in the Poll because I wrote in Ron Paul in 2008

someperson
02-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Got data mining? :)

Orgoonian
02-25-2012, 01:54 PM
the masters demand answers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbT2lHtYtEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbT2lHtYtEQ

Anti Federalist
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM

I think it was Gunny who had posted once that the number of "write ins" for RP, and LP candidate Bob Barr exceeded the number of votes by which McCain lost in NC.

He's right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

ETA - Same thing in Indiana

And keep in mind, this doesn't count RP people who just stayed home and didn't bother.

We definitely have the ability to swing this, especially this time, where it will be much more close than 2008.

NO ONE BUT PAUL

Margo37
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul

SAME HERE

kathy88
02-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Other. Wrote in Ron Paul.

ctiger2
02-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Baldwin

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
I voted for Chuck Baldwin after a long period of being an undecided voter for the first time in my life. It was hard not to have RP on the general election ballot. I was torn between Nader and Baldwin. Would've voted Libertarian, but Barr seemed unpalatable at the time.

At least this year I look forward to having Gary Johnson as a back up if Ron Paul doesn't make it.

anaconda
02-25-2012, 04:29 PM
I voted for Ron Paul, as he was an official write-in candidate in California. Which means they were obligated to count his votes here.

CA was also one of the states where Baldwin was not the Constitution Party ballot choice (I think maybe it was Alan Keyes).

cajuncocoa
02-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Ron Paul was on the ballot in Louisiana...I voted for Ron Paul.

TheGrinch
02-25-2012, 04:39 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul
Me too.

qh4dotcom
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
What a shame that so far 7 forum members voted for the war pig Obama and 21 for the war pig McCain....a pathetic 27% so far of those who voted on this poll. I thought that the vast majority of the folks here were loyal to Dr. Paul and would never stab him in the back like that...after all, he refused to endorse the war pigs and encouraged everyone to vote 3rd party. It's disappointing to see that some forum members here behaving just like the Obama sheeple.

(Speaking to that 27%, everyone else please ignore)
Geez, Ron Paul couldn't have made it more obvious that the right thing to do was to stay at home or vote 3rd party...how much does he have to beg you all to do the right thing and not vote for war pigs? Have you all forgotten how much he opposes wars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1LMoWqXrE4

TheGrinch
02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
What a shame that so far 7 forum members voted for the war pig Obama and 20 for the war pig McCain. I thought that the folks here were loyal to Dr. Paul and would never stab him in the back like that...after all, he refused to endorse them and encouraged everyone to vote 3rd party. It's disappointing to see that some forum members here behaving just like the Obama sheeple.

Hey cmon now, it's not people's fault that the guy has only had grassroots following and not mainstream exposure before this year. In fact, you should be praising it as a good thing that people are now making the right choice, rather than ostracize them for not being as hardcore as you, or even just not as long....

I've voted libertarian or Dr. Paul since 2004, and I have much respect for those who've been on board even longer, but not everyone has had the pleasure to know about Dr. Paul and his ideals since 2008. Blame the two-party system if you want to blame anyone for the fact that most peopel only see 2 crappy choices and vote for the "lesser of two evils".

Brett85
02-25-2012, 05:16 PM
What a shame that so far 7 forum members voted for the war pig Obama and 21 for the war pig McCain....a pathetic 27% so far of those who voted on this poll. I thought that the vast majority of the folks here were loyal to Dr. Paul and would never stab him in the back like that...after all, he refused to endorse the war pigs and encouraged everyone to vote 3rd party. It's disappointing to see that some forum members here behaving just like the Obama sheeple.

Geez, Ron Paul couldn't have made it more obvious that the right thing to do was to stay at home or vote 3rd party...how much does he have to beg you all to do the right thing and not vote for war pigs? Have you all forgotten how much he opposes wars?

A lot of people here didn't even support Ron in 2008.

culvereric
02-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I voted for Barr. Not bad 4 my first election but I woke up.

PierzStyx
02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I voted for Baldwin.

Me too. I hadn't discovered the Doctor yet. If I had I would have written him in, even then. But it makes me feel good looking back to know that he endorsed Baldwin.

Feeding the Abscess
02-25-2012, 05:20 PM
I stayed home.

KCIndy
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
RP endorsed Chuck Baldwin. I voted for Chuck, as that is what RP wanted us to do.

Baldwin.

Voted for Paul in the primary.

Would've voted for Paul, if he'd been on the general ballot.

Same here, for the same reasons.

I voted for Paul in the primary, even though by May '08 the whole thing was basically decided. But I had invested too much of myself in the Ron Paul campaign to not at least show up and make a statement with my vote.

During the general election, I voted for Baldwin. I did so both because Ron Paul endorsed him, together with the fact that Indiana is a state where a candidate has to be registered as a write-in for the vote to be counted. Since Ron Paul was NOT registered, my write-in vote for him would have been completely and utterly ignored. It would have been as if I had not voted at all. :( Because of that, and because I wanted to make a statement with my vote, I voted for Baldwin. I wanted to make sure the guy who had been endorsed by Ron Paul got as many votes as possible.

As near as I could figure, that was the best - and only - way to make a statement with my vote.

bobburn
02-25-2012, 05:34 PM
I voted for Barr because my state doesn't count write-ins in the presidential election. Voted for Paul in the primary though (and I early voted last Friday for him this time).

tbone717
02-25-2012, 05:37 PM
I think it was Gunny who had posted once that the number of "write ins" for RP, and LP candidate Bob Barr exceeded the number of votes by which McCain lost in NC.

He's right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

ETA - Same thing in Indiana

And keep in mind, this doesn't count RP people who just stayed home and didn't bother.

We definitely have the ability to swing this, especially this time, where it will be much more close than 2008.

NO ONE BUT PAUL

Well so far the threat of NOBP doesn't seem to have changed the minds of many GOP voters, so if the goal is to get Paul the nomination it doesn't seem to be working well as of yet. Perhaps that will change with upcoming states.

bunklocoempire
02-25-2012, 05:49 PM
After years of voting for the "lesser of two evils" GOP, 2008 was the first time I started voting my conscience.

Baldwin for PUSA, and Libertarians for my state.

I will NEVER go back to the "lesser of two evils", nor will any "lesser of two evil" voters I've converted since 2008. Where there were about 20 "lesser of two evils" GOP voters in 2008 that I know of, there are about 20 "to hell with the parties!" that I know of this time around for 2012.

I grew the movement, NOT a party. Oopsie daisy!

:rolleyes::D;)

NOBP!

priest_of_syrinx
02-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I didn't vote because I was only 16 years old. :D

Brett85
02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm not voting Republican for President this year, as the President has ultimate control over foreign policy issues, and I don't agree with the GOP's support for an interventionist foreign policy. But I'll still vote Republican at the state and Congressional levels, as we'll be electing people who will vote to repeal things like Obamacare and won't have much control over foreign policy issues.

JJ2
02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
I voted for McCain in the primary and the general.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Well so far the threat of NOBP doesn't seem to have changed the minds of many GOP voters, so if the goal is to get Paul the nomination it doesn't seem to be working well as of yet. Perhaps that will change with upcoming states.

Nope, you're right.

Which is why it is now more important than ever to carry through.

Just like disciplining a child, the threat of punishment is meaningless if never followed through on.

I certainly hope you aren't selling some GOP kool-aid, "join the team and come on in for the big win" nonsense, are you?

ironj221
02-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I ended up voting Obama as what I saw to be the lesser of two evils. It purely came down to the war issue for me. Obama's rhetoric about cutting back the troops was nice...but it was just rhetoric.

I won't be doing that again, Ron Paul or write-in.

Bruno
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM

NOBP is not an idle threat with the goal of getting Paul the nomination.

It is a reality that will happen regardless of whether the media, the GOP, and other candidates' supporters act upon it, let alone even acknowledge it.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Nope, you're right.

Just like disciplining a child, the threat of punishment is meaningless if never followed through on.

I certainly hope you aren't selling some GOP kool-aid, "join the team and come on in for the big win" nonsense, are you?

This will be my seventh Presidential election and I have always voted third party because I did not like the GOP ticket. I flirted with supporting the ticket in 96 since Kemp was in the VP slot and Buchanan endorsed the ticket, but I was in a bit of an idealism phase thinking Harry Browne could get enough votes to get noticed, so I voted for Browne.

This year, as it stands now, I would only support the GOP ticket if Paul was on it.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 06:25 PM
NOBP is not an idle threat with the goal of getting Paul the nomination.

It is a reality that will happen regardless of whether the media, the GOP, and other candidates' supporters act upon it, let alone even acknowledge it.

Time will tell if it has an effect or not.

LarryC213
02-25-2012, 06:34 PM
I live in North Carolina. I went in and asked the lady if I could vote for someone as a write-in candidate. She told me that I could, but that my vote would not count. I proudly voted for Ron Paul.

nf7mate
02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Baldwin. He was my second choice after Paul anyway, so Paul's endorsement didn't matter.

I voted Peroutka in '04.

Bruno
02-25-2012, 06:36 PM
I live in North Carolina. I went in and asked the lady if I could vote for someone as a write-in candidate. She told me that I could, but that my vote would not count. I proudly voted for Ron Paul.

Great first post, + rep and welcome to RPF! :)

Bruno
02-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Time will tell if it has an effect or not.

Indeed it will, but it also already has in some respects as it helped to raise $2 million and awareness as we head towards what looks to be a brokered convention.

sparebulb
02-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I voted for Chuck Baldwin.

I've not regretted it for a moment, unlike ALL of my previous presidential selections going back to 1984.

02-25-2012, 06:38 PM
This will be my seventh Presidential election and I have always voted third party because I did not like the GOP ticket. I flirted with supporting the ticket in 96 since Kemp was in the VP slot and Buchanan endorsed the ticket, but I was in a bit of an idealism phase thinking Harry Browne could get enough votes to get noticed, so I voted for Browne.

This year, as it stands now, I would only support the GOP ticket if Paul was on it.

I will only support the ticket if one the Pauls is on it. I like Rand just as much as Ron. I know some here don't.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2012, 06:43 PM

Oh, good, glad to hear it.

Moo2400
02-25-2012, 07:04 PM
I voted for Bob Barr, but in retrospect I should've voted for Chuck Baldwin. Either way, it doesn't seem to make a particularly big difference.

Intoxiklown
02-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I voted McCain. I am a reformed neo-con converted by Dr. Paul. I've said before, I was one of the people cursing Ron Paul on the tv during those 2008 debates.....=(

But, after the election, I decided to read the sources he kept quoting and referencing, and well...I had egg on my face.

But....I will vote Ron Paul or no one. And only liberty minded candidates in every election from now on.

TimeForChange
02-25-2012, 07:16 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul in 08, will do it again if I have to this year. Hopefully I can just choose his name on the ballot under the Republican nomination

rjl
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Ron Paul was on the ballot in Louisiana...I voted for Ron Paul.

Same here. Hopefully we'll all get the chance to vote for him the general on the ballot as a Republican. Those of us lucky enough to live in Louisiana have had that experience. It was a good feeling.

jolynna
02-25-2012, 08:23 PM
I voted for McCain.

I didn't know who Ron Paul was. Much less that he was running for president.

I thought watching the Today show every morning, NBC Nightly News every night and occasionally Fox News and CNN--when nothing else was on--was being "well-informed".

Everything changed after I read the book Boomerang by Michael Lewis.

I thought this all CAN'T be true. Because if it is, the global economy is a powder keg about to be lit. So I started researching all I could find online about the Eurozone, CDSs, investment banking and hedge fund trading. Which led to banking and the Federal Reserve and then to Ron Paul videos on you.tube.

Most people, including me before this summer, DO NOT HAVE A CLUE, that the media is not reporting "just the facts" or that it is "withholding facts". When you have the same friendly anchor people giving coming into your home every day, they feel like family. You think that the segments from experts like Jim Cramer are to "help" viewers make better decisions...not to cheerlead products (like stocks).

I think Ron Paul would win by the most overflowing majority EVER if the media was reporting FACTS not propaganda.

jolynna
02-25-2012, 08:23 PM
I voted McCain. I am a reformed neo-con converted by Dr. Paul. I've said before, I was one of the people cursing Ron Paul on the tv during those 2008 debates.....=(

But, after the election, I decided to read the sources he kept quoting and referencing, and well...I had egg on my face.

But....I will vote Ron Paul or no one. And only liberty minded candidates in every election from now on.

I am a reformed neo-con too.

Fr3shjive
02-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I wrote in Ron Paul

+1

bunklocoempire
02-25-2012, 09:31 PM

I voted H twice (once against Paul) and W twice, so I know how it feels. Ugh. :(

After repenting, we've got the rest of our lives to spread the word.:)

NOBP

V3n
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Voted for Barr and have regretted it ever since.
This time I'm voting for/writing in Ron Paul NO MATTER WHAT and living without regret.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Voted for Barr and have regretted it ever since.
This time I'm voting for/writing in Ron Paul NO MATTER WHAT and living without regret.

It is sometimes better to send a message to the GOP by voting third party rather than a write in, because in some states write-ins aren't tabulated individually and just marked in a "write-ins" category.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Where is the option for writing in RP?

I was and still am a NOBP supporter. I wrote his name in in 2008.

V3n
02-25-2012, 10:06 PM
It is sometimes better to send a message to the GOP by voting third party rather than a write in, because in some states write-ins aren't tabulated individually and just marked in a "write-ins" category.

This was literally my exact thought at the time.

I feel less good about "sending a message" than I would if I had just written him in. Sending a message is still acting out because of them. Writing him in would have been just for me.

P.S. Lady_V3n wrote him in and has been rubbing that in my face ever since! :p
P.P.S. She made me write that ^^ :)

oldsmobile98
02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I voted for Huckabee in the primary and McCain in the general. Please forgive me. Started getting educated soon after that.

NO ONE BUT PAUL!

Brett85
02-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I voted for Ron in the primary and McCain in the general election. But I kind of just voted for Ron at the last minute after a lot of the other candidates had already dropped out. I wasn't really a "supporter" back then. I've since come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is the only Republican I can vote for, because I can't continue to vote for Republican candidates for President who support endless, ridiculous, trillion dollar wars overseas.

Moo2400
02-25-2012, 10:29 PM

That's what I figured back in 2008, hence why I decided to vote libertarian - I thought that was the best way to show my protest to the GOP. It's what I'll probably do again assuming Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, although this time I'll take a harder look at the candidates' records than I did in 2008, which was why I voted for Barr rather than Baldwin.

Lavitz
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Voted for Barr, but without much enthusiasm after he blew off Ron's event. Afterward, it felt like I just voted for the lesser of three evils. And now that he endorsed Gingrich I can officially say that I regret being the 217th vote for Barr in my county instead of being the 8th write-in vote for Baldwin.

tuco.sargent
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Voted Paul in the primary and made a failed attempt to be a delegate for him. Voted for Barr in the general although in hindsight given what I've heard about Barr since then I probably shouldn't have. Considered Baldwin but he seemed to be a little too evangelical over social issues........that and I saw some contempt for "globalism" on his issues listed and it sounded protectionist to me. Barr was just a protest vote anyway. I even had a shirt made that said "Vote 3rd Party" on it. lol

Nope, you're right.

I approve of this immensely. The GOP needs to be punished for what the pitiful candidates and issues they've adopted.......otherwise they'll never adopt our ideas.

tbone717
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
That's what I figured back in 2008, hence why I decided to vote libertarian - I thought that was the best way to show my protest to the GOP. It's what I'll probably do again assuming Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, although this time I'll take a harder look at the candidates' records than I did in 2008, which was why I voted for Barr rather than Baldwin.

A good friend of mine is the head of elections for the county. He told me that there are tons of write ins at the general election. Everything from people putting their own names in to people voting for Mickey Mouse. So I can totally understand why there has to be some sort of registration of sorts for a write in campaign. Because in reality the only time write in candidates are serious contenders are for small local elections.

tuco.sargent
02-25-2012, 10:54 PM
And now that he endorsed Gingrich I can officially say that I regret being the 217th vote for Barr in my county instead of being the 8th write-in vote for Baldwin.

I didn't even know that he endorsed Gingrich until now. I feel like an a$$ now. I've met Gary Johnson in person and he seems like a great guy. He was even willing to answer my questions more than any other politician I've ever talked to.

However I have a big beef with his willingness to support Israel with our military at his "discretion". Not an invite for a debate......I'm just saying....

Phyxrgon
02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
i didnt vote because i did not like anyone...

coffeewithchess
02-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Kind of funny, I voted for Baldwin as he was on our ballot and I appreciated his support of RP during the election cycle. My wife though, she wrote RP on the ballot.

A set of our friends though, the husband voted for Baldwin as I did, but his wife wrote in RP! We didn't know about it until about a few days after the voting, but thought it was pretty funny.

Just Flossin'
02-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Romney in the primary, McCain in the general.

Please forgive me -- I'm a recovering neocon.

tnvoter
02-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Baldwin :)

anaconda
02-26-2012, 04:51 AM

But don't forget that it's possible that the other 73% only discovered Dr. Paul since 2008...

Carole
02-26-2012, 06:35 AM
You need to put Ron Paul on this poll. Otherwise, it is an illegitimate poll.

Sullivan*
02-26-2012, 07:12 AM
I voted for Paul - he was still on the ballot in Montana.

tbone717
02-26-2012, 07:18 AM
You need to put Ron Paul on this poll. Otherwise, it is an illegitimate poll.

I didn't because he was only on the ballot in 2 states and a write in for one state. There were other minor candidates that were on the ballot in more states (Alan Keyes, Roget Calero, Charles Jay, etc) The primary purpose of the poll is to see who voted for either Obama or McCain.

Carole
02-26-2012, 07:27 AM
I wrote him in or voted for him in West Virginia. Can't recall which.

thoughtomator
02-26-2012, 07:29 AM
I voted in the primary but not in the general.

In VA we have open primaries so they ask you which party's primary you want to vote in when you sign in. I'd thought about it a minute then said "it's a hard decision, I want to vote against candidates in both parties." (You have to understand that I'd been waiting most of 16 years to cast a ballot against Hillary Clinton.) Then I settled on Republican, voted for Paul on a machine, asked about verification (learned the machines are on the "trust me" system) and went home.

jbauer
02-26-2012, 08:23 AM
You didn't give Palin via a mcain heart attach as an option :)

tommyzDad
02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
I voted/ wrote in RP.

opinionatedfool
02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
I wrote in Ron Paul

Same here.

tbone717
02-26-2012, 08:31 AM
I wrote him in or voted for him in West Virginia. Can't recall which.

It would have been a write-in since he wasn't on the ballot. And it likely went into the miscellaneous pile of write-ins along with Mickey Mouse and Howard Stern.

pcosmar
02-26-2012, 08:36 AM
I was intending to Write him in , right up to the point that I sat down with the Ballot.
I ended up voting for Baldwin based on his long support of Ron and Ron's endorsement of him,, and the fact that he was on the ballot.

Now you want to talk speculation of Ron's VP,, Baldwin would be another great choice.

Kingfisher
02-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Wrote in R.P.

jt8025
02-26-2012, 08:43 AM
I voted for Barr because my choices on the ballot were Obama, McCain, and Barr. Write-ins had to qualify for them to count. So I went with the anti two party system vote that people would see the support for.

Not putting down people who wrote in Paul.

qh4dotcom
02-26-2012, 09:23 AM
But don't forget that it's possible that the other 73% only discovered Dr. Paul since 2008...

It's still inexcusable that they voted for a war pig even if they hadn't heard about Ron Paul then. They're supposed to have this thing called a conscience that should have told them the right thing to do was to not vote for a war pig.

Of course that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be forgiven for their screwup and welcomed to the liberty movement. I've got former Democrats as friends on Facebook.

anaconda
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
It's still inexcusable that they voted for a war pig even if they hadn't heard about Ron Paul then. They're supposed to have this thing called a conscience that should have told them the right thing to do was to not vote for a war pig.

Of course that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be forgiven for their screwup and welcomed to the liberty movement. I've got former Democrats as friends on Facebook.

I disagree that it's "inexcusable." It takes some serious outside-the-box thinking to break free of the media manipulation and brainwashing. It doesn't happen to everyone by a long shot (at least so far..). And those that are fortunate enough to break free don't all do so at the same moment. I voted for John Kerry in 2004, simply to repudiate George W. Bush. But now I realize he would have been just as much a puppet as Bush, if not more so. While it was an incredibly stupid and useless vote, I wouldn't call it inexcusable. I remember before that even thinking that I should trust my government on the "war on terror" because maybe they had good intelligence that we were not privy to for security reasons.
I had watched a lot of Fox News around 2000-2003. But then I began to see that Bush was out of control. I fell for the good cop-bad cop routine. They were both puppets of the evil system and either would have bowed to the wishes of our central bank-warfare model of government.

mport1
02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Wrote in Ron Paul.