PDA

View Full Version : NY Times: U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

unknown
02-25-2012, 12:29 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/world/middleeast/us-agencies-see-no-move-by-iran-to-build-a-bomb.html?_r=2&emc=eta1

WASHINGTON — Even as the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog said in a new report Friday that Iran had accelerated its uranium enrichment program, American intelligence analysts continue to believe that there is no hard evidence that Iran has decided to build a nuclear bomb.

Recent assessments by American spy agencies are broadly consistent with a 2007 intelligence finding that concluded that Iran had abandoned its nuclear weapons program years earlier, according to current and former American officials. The officials said that assessment was largely reaffirmed in a 2010 National Intelligence Estimate, and that it remains the consensus view of America’s 16 intelligence agencies.

Its diffiuclt to be humble about our leader.

MooCowzRock
02-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Man, hopefully this article gets seen and makes the warhawks look like fucking idiots.

RPit
02-25-2012, 12:32 AM
So what. They're building a bomb, Fox says so. I don't buy our stupid intelligence agencies, they blame America first. Losers ;)

slamhead
02-25-2012, 12:35 AM
And Rick Santorum rolls his eyes again.

NewRightLibertarian
02-25-2012, 12:37 AM
hopefully Ron Paul can make this a talking point

TheGrinch
02-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Bump, thank you! +rep

When I posted a story with the Panetta slip about this on another board, I was told that Panetta "misspoke" and things liek that by neocons and even liberals, because "everyone" knows Iran is pursuing them. I thoroughly enjoyed throwing that back in their face. :D

azxd
02-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Propaganda is more powerful than truth ... This story will be buried, and the public will continue to be conditioned.

BigByrd47119
02-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Propaganda is more powerful than truth ... This story will be buried, and the public will continue to be conditioned.

Couldn't agree more. A sad sad sad reality we live in...

Phyxrgon
02-25-2012, 03:05 AM
anything to keep the people thinking hot air iran is out to get them, or the little country with 300 nukes somewhere..

devil21
02-25-2012, 04:25 AM
nice thread

jamezelle
02-25-2012, 04:29 AM
So what. They're building a bomb, Fox says so. I don't buy our stupid intelligence agencies, they blame America first. Losers ;)

+rep

Tyler_Durden
02-25-2012, 07:10 AM
The LA Times ran the same story yesterday. Hopefully this gets more press.

r3volutionpaul91
02-25-2012, 07:13 AM
I don't know, most of the people i talked to is not buying this garbage.

WilliamC
02-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I still think it would be easier for Iran to buy a nuclear device or the components of one on the black market than to build their own, and I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't done this.

kathy88
02-25-2012, 07:21 AM
It's WMDs are everywhere all over again.

Liberty74
02-25-2012, 07:22 AM
And Rick Santorum rolls his eyes again.

But...

But...

But...

I wanna start WWIII - Sick Santorum. Satan is out there somewhere. :p

Tyler_Durden
02-25-2012, 07:24 AM
It's WMDs are everywhere all over again.

That's always my argument with warmongering Neo-cons and the misinformed. I tell them that Iran's Nukes are being safely stored with Iraq's WMD's.

I'm always surprised by how effective that point is......

awake
02-25-2012, 07:27 AM
The Israel first gang is going to hate this...

No Free Beer
02-25-2012, 08:25 AM

The neoconservatives use anything they can get their hands on.

- When they talk about Iran, they always say, "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he would wipe Israel off the face of the earth. We need to take him at his word."

Then, when Ron says, "OBL said why he attacked us." The neocons respond with, "Ron Paul is parodying the terrorists!"

- When there is intelligence that backs up their claim for military action around the world, they use it. But, when that same intelligence agency or department says the opposite, they ignore it and say things like, "they are a threat. There is no doubt."

This is what neocons do.

Oh, one more thing...

They also never fight themselves. They get deferments, then when they are in high office, they force the younger generation to fight their wars for them. Only then, they became tough.

What a joke.

No Free Beer
02-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Lets spread this on the Hannity Forums!

Danan
02-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Imagine what would have happened without Ron Pauls constant truth-bomb-dropping. Chances are that real bombs would be dropped already all over Iran.

sailingaway
02-25-2012, 09:07 AM
I wonder if this is starting to sink in to the general populace yet?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Imagine what would have happened without Ron Pauls constant truth-bomb-dropping. Chances are that real bombs would be dropped already all over Iran.

No doubt he definetly openned a lot of eyes to be paying closer attention about this becoming a repeat of Iraq and WMD if we let it.

I think his constant hammering of how we can't afford to be starting so many wars when we are in so much debt is hitting home with more and more people.

I think his bringing up concern for the troops and suicides is hitting home with people as well that we can't be sending them off to war for BS.

I think everyones work to raise awareness about the troops supporting him, is giving his fp increasing credibility. It IS the greatest argument I have that sways people over to reconsidering his fp.

And, most people I talk to who are worried about Iran from watching to much FOX, get settled down when I bring up how we were similarly lied to about Iraq.

Pauls honesty about what he knows to being going on has certainly shifted the landscape!!!! :)

Chainspell
02-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Print media is helping us? I say watch your back.

surf
02-25-2012, 11:07 AM
That's always my argument with warmongering Neo-cons and the misinformed. I tell them that Iran's Nukes are being safely stored with Iraq's WMD's.

I'm always surprised by how effective that point is......winner

unknown
02-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Print media is helping us? I say watch your back.

May even be an attempt to justify Obama's recent Ron Pauling.

But I think its still a good piece for our side.

paul4us
02-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Just wrote a story regarding this this morning: go to republicheritagedotcom and click on "U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb"

Please "like" story