PDA

View Full Version : NM-Cop enters fenced, marked yard while nobody is home and shoots family dog dead.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2012, 11:15 PM
ETA - Jesus Christ, these people called the cops for "help".

FFS - DO NOT CALL THE COPS!

Police shoot Glorieta family's dog

1:26 PM, Feb. 24, 2012

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/usatoday/article/38653629?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

SANTA FE, N.M. (WTW) — A Glorieta family is asking why a state police officer entered their property and shot the family pet when there's a sign that clearly says "Beware of Dog."

It happened Thursday and state police said they will investigate.

"Was there things that could have done different? Absolutely, however that's the situation that occurred and so now we'll deal with it," said Lt. Robert McDonald, a New Mexico State Police spokesman.

(Basically, STFU and GTFO, Mundane, and be thankful we didn't shoot grandma while we were there - AF)

The dog, "Jilly" belonged to Victoria Baca and her family.

Baca told KOB-TV she asked police to her home to file a report about an Internet scam.

Baca said an officer showed up when she wasn't home, entered her property by hopping a fence, even though there is a clear warning sign.

"My 4-year-old's response was, 'Did they shoot our dog?" Baca said.

McDonald tells the Albuquerque television station it appears the officer was only acting in self-defense. McDonald said the department apologizes to the family for the tragic event.

"It's too late for an apology," Baca told KOB-TV. "She's gone, an apology isn't going to bring her back."

Baca said she plans to hire an attorney.

Jonathanm
02-25-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mvIWFXbHNo

Seems that since it's harder to justify shooting people, they just shoot animals instead. I have no doubt that if police ever raided my home they would shoot my parrot, and then claim that it was somehow a massive security risk.

aGameOfThrones
02-25-2012, 12:27 AM
The dog Jilly belonged to Victoria Baca and her family. Baca told KOB-TV she asked police to her home to file a report about an Internet scam.

Did the dog attempt to flee? Probably didn't stop when order to, even though the cop illegally Trespassed.

Next time file the report at the Police station.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Did the dog attempt to flee? Probably didn't stop when order to, even though the cop illegally Trespassed.

The dog Jilly belonged to Victoria Baca and her family. Baca told KOB-TV she asked police to her home to file a report about an Internet scam.

Next time file the report at the Police station.

That's what I get for skimming with 20 windows open...how did I miss that???

I hang my head in posting shame...

FFS - DO NOT CALL THE COPS!!!!

Mega rep for catching that, thanks!

azxd
02-25-2012, 12:44 AM
The dog was in contempt.

Titus
02-25-2012, 12:50 AM
The dog didn't confess to biting the neighbor across the corner.

AFPVet
02-25-2012, 01:14 AM
What ever happened to neighbors cordially resolving their disputes without the law? People need to realize that many departments are infested with scum. These aren't the small town, good natured and well educated officers anymore. I would unlock your vehicle for you, change your tire on the side of the road, help you get your deer that you just clocked with your truck into the bed and write you a permit for the meat. These guys are not what we were folks. Please... don't call the cops until we get this crap settled. There is too much corruption and drugs within departments right now.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2012, 01:17 AM
This is truth.

What ever happened to neighbors cordially resolving their disputes without the law? People need to realize that many departments are infested with scum. These aren't the small town, good natured and well educated officers anymore. I would unlock your vehicle for you, change your tire on the side of the road, help you get your deer that you just clocked with your truck into the bed and write you a permit for the meat. These guys are not what we were folks. Please... don't call the cops until we get this crap settled. There is too much corruption and drugs within departments right now.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2012, 10:51 AM
///

Anti Federalist
12-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Most read story at Radley Balko's "Agitator" blog for 2012, posted here a day before.

Here are the 10 posts from The Agitator that generated the most pageviews in 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/radley-balko/the-most-read-agitator-po_b_2338461.html?utm_hp_ref=the-agitator

-- Puppycide in New Mexico.

-- But for Audio. (Florida woman's cell phone recording proves police lied about the conditions of her traffic stop and subsequent arrest.)

-- Catching Hell for Hiring a Muslim. (Tennessee conservatives go nuts over GOP governor's decision to appoint a Muslim woman to a state agency to promote the state's businesses overseas.)

-- More, Please. (Texas jury pool rebels over decision to charge a man for a less than a gram of cocaine.)

--The 2011 Worst Prosecutor of the Year Award.

-- Florida Deputy Uses Spidey-Sense to Establish Probable Cause. (Cop claims he could smell marijuana coming out of a car he was following at 35 mph. Search (allegedly) turns up a single burnt joint in the trunk.)

-- Nevada State Troopers: Our Drug Dogs Are a Con. (Lawsuit filed by state troopers alleges drug dogs are trained to falsely alert in order to establish probable cause.)

-- DOJ Urges Federal Court To Protect the Right to Record Police.

-- Two Videos, Two Cities, Two Attitudes. (Comparing two police recruiting videos and what the values they've chosen emphasize says about their approach to policing.)

-- Take the Quiz. (Can you distinguish an American cop from an American soldier?)

Puppycide

Saturday, February 25th, 2012

http://www.theagitator.com/2012/02/25/puppycide-23/

A New Mexico woman called the state police to report that she had been the victim of an Internet scam. The police told her they couldn’t come right away. She asked them to call before showing up at her house. They didn’t. Instead, an officer arrived while she wasn’t home, ignored the woman’s “Beware of Dog” sign, hopped the woman’s fence . . . and then killed her dog.

devil21
12-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Cop caused the death 100%. If he did jump a fence he broke laws and 4th amendment protections. If he has no problem jumping a fence over something as minor as a scam report, he surely would violate the shit out of someone's 4A rights during an investigation. He'll cost the taxpayers money when the lawsuit is filed and NM state police better fire him before he ends up with a much more serious lawsuit later in his career.