PDA

View Full Version : Poll of “insiders”: Heavy majority thinks brokered convention is unlikely

RonPaulFanInGA
02-24-2012, 07:07 PM
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2012/02/24/poll-of-insiders-heavy-majority-thinks-brokered-convention-is-unlikely/

“The next three weeks will largely end a brokered-convention discussion. There is a reason why we haven’t had one in a long time, and that reason will not permit one this time.”

“The idea that a white knight swoops in at the last minute, survives a solar flare of media scrutiny, sweeps up enough delegates, and does so all while pressured to raise millions and assemble a national organization is just Beltway martini babble.”

“This issue is more a result of fatigue by the media in covering the campaign than it is something that is a real possibility.”

bbartlog
02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
They don't even bother to distinguish between a convention that goes to more than one ballot and a convention that is truly brokered. Superficial babble. That said I think there are still powerful forces that would prefer *not* to have the voting go more than one round, and they might be able to pull some tricks to make that happen. Buying of Gingrich to release his delegates before the voting... things like that.

alucard13mmfmj
02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
We all know they'll probably bend the rules and do some kind of bull to screw us at the end =P

Agorism
02-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Santorum on Intrade is only around 6-7% whereas Romney is 70-80% to win nomination.

That's why I don't understand why Paul's ad guy is attacking the guy who is losing (Santorum.)

I don't like Santorum at all, but I see no reason to bother with him at the moment.

wgadget
02-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Since when does a brokered convention mean someone new is gonna swoop in? Damn these pundits are uninformed...

InTradePro
02-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Santorum on Intrade is only around 6-7% whereas Romney is 70-80% to win nomination.

That's why I don't understand why Paul's ad guy is attacking the guy who is losing (Santorum.)

I don't like Santorum at all, but I see no reason to bother with him at the moment.

To given one reason: Because prior to the recent debate the polls had Santorum ahead in the national as well as the majority of states thru super Tuesday.

Agorism
02-24-2012, 07:48 PM
To given one reason: Because prior to the recent debate the polls had Santorum ahead in the national as well as the majority of states thru super Tuesday.

He's still ahead nationally in Gallup. Intrade hasn't moved away from Romney support. Romney has money and institutional support which gives him a huge advantage over Santorum. (states like Maine he can wrap up and get free delegates along with super delegates)

InTradePro
02-24-2012, 07:55 PM
He's still ahead nationally in Gallup. Intrade hasn't moved away from Romney support. Romney has money and institutional support which gives him a huge advantage over Santorum. (states like Maine he can wrap up and get free delegates along with super delegates)

The point being, intrade is for the Rep nomination at the end of the process, while the current advertising is geared towards getting delegate in the the upcoming primaries over the next few weeks.

bbwarfield
02-24-2012, 07:57 PM
intrade is terrible..... it had mcain winning the presidency for awhile.... it had him least likely to win the nomination for a good bit. Intrade is based off of people who want to put there money on the line.... I bet Newts sugar daddy could flip all the numbers in one day if he wanted too... 100 million infusion into newt? they are helpful up to a point... all they are showing right now is people lack of interesting in moving there money cause its too pircey to sell romney....

Oddly what makes intrade so good is what at the moment is making it the opposite of truth.... so many people backed romney on intrade at high prices they cant bail.... and who would buy it at this current price? its best for people to sit on it till after super tuesday... they bought it at 75% and now there gonna have to sell it at 45% if they wait till after super tuesday... when they could sell it at 100% if they wait till the election and sper tuesday isnt a bust

hazek
02-24-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't understand given the corruption we have witnessed so far how anyone around here would still believe there's somehow going be a brokered convention? :rolleyes: