PDA

View Full Version : The Third Man: Why Ron Paul Is the Steadiest Candidate in the Race

sailingaway
02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
sort of hilarious if not always flattering:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/death-race-/ron-paul-debate_b_1299477.html

Tyler_Durden
02-24-2012, 04:18 PM
A room full of Liberals in California:

"I like that he means what he says," my neighbor remarked during one of Paul's charmingly antiquated warnings about the perils of armed foreign entanglements. My girlfriend, who was watching with us, nodded, and so did my neighbor's wife, who'd grown impatient with American political evasiveness."

Nice!

thoughtomator
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
it's pretty flattering actually, it is funny sometimes how people make the transition from whatever inane ism they once adhered to

WD-NY
02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Somehow, retouching just doesn't suit his character, maybe because, unlike his sleeker opponents (Newt Gingrich is no longer running, he's just sitting), Paul indeed possesses one.

lol - and that's only the 1st paragraph! The rest is awesome too...

"How old, is he?" she asked. We couldn't tell her. All we knew is that once the candidates started squabbling, he seemed to grow younger by the minute -- not in years but in temperament, in attitude.

I found myself growing sweet on the old codger, if only because he embodied a set of values familiar from past Ohio family reunions, where my elderly relatives gathered to sigh and simmer over the decades-old wrongs of the New Deal. He at least keeps the others' dishonest, I reflected. In a season of unrelenting volatility whose swings and swoops may have as much to do with voters' media-shortened attention spans as they do with uncertainty about the candidates, Paul's graph line has been a reassuring constant, steady, straight, and sober. Whatever he does or doesn't do for people, he does or doesn't do it consistently, suggesting he's either immune to opportunism or just plain bad at it. "I like that he means what he says," my neighbor remarked during one of Paul's charmingly antiquated warnings about the perils of armed foreign entanglements. My girlfriend, who was watching with us, nodded, and so did my neighbor's wife, who'd grown impatient with American political evasiveness.

This entire paragraph is really spot on...

There was even something endearing about Paul's lapses into senior-moment incoherence, as when he answered a question on immigration by holding, among several other mini-positions that were layered on top of his main argument, that our present border policies keep out a lot of enthusiastic tourists and other beneficial foreign visitors. The fact that he had so many ideas at once and couldn't decide in just what order to state them implied that he was thinking while he spoke, not just shuffling mental three-by-five cards. I found myself wanting to finish his sentences for him, to straighten out his logic and his syntax, which isn't something that happens when his rivals talk. Them, I wish would they shut up when they start straying. I sense that they're straining to give the right effect, not laboring to gain access to their true minds.

I never thought of it like that, but his meandering may sometimes play to Paul's advantage...lol!