PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

kathy88
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Can someone explain Twitter to me? I set up an account. I have no idea how to play.

Massachusetts
02-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Do you have any specific areas of concern or confusion? What do you want to know?

kathy88
02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I just have no idea how it works. Phone? Computer? Can you save peoples "twitter tags?" etc.... I'm clueless.

Massachusetts
02-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I just have no idea how it works. Phone? Computer? Can you save peoples "twitter tags?" etc.... I'm clueless.

Well, basically you have 140 characters or less that you can write at any given time. It is essentially where you can scribble your thoughts out. You can use it on the phone or on the computer. I use it on both, personally.

Using this symbol: @ will correspond with another Twitter users name. This is used to "mention" them or get their attention. It will show up in their notifications that you mentioned them. It will also come up if you reply to their post.

Using this symbol: # will correspond with some sort of tag or keyword that can be seen by other people. For example if you do #RonPaul other people who search for this particular hashtag will see your post and see that you are a Ron Paul supporter and perhaps follow you.

As far as followers are concerned, if you follow somebody you can see their posts in your timeline with everybody else you follow, but they can't see your yours unless they follow you back.